Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
EchoBaby: We used to have CarbCountdown milk around here. Haven't seen it in ages. Wish I COULD find it. I couldn't make myself make the pudding because of all the carbs and calories in the Lactaid...I thought it would make me gain MORE weight.
Echobaby and Torchlaker, I posted a recipe on making your own CC milk!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Hey, Ogdog. I had to come home from work early to be here when the gas man(or gas woman)comes to light the pilot on my furnace. On the way, I stopped at Trader Joe's to get more groceries. I noticed all the meat alternatives and checked the carb count. Almost none of them went much over 8 carbs per serving, and they all had 2 or 3 grams of fiber. So...6 carbs extra for dinner? not bad.

I know this one brand is very tasty..Morning Star. They're in the frozen section. They make breakfast sausage, link sausage, veggie burgers, etc. I've had to make vegetarian stuffing before and have used the sausage. The only thing is, taste everything before you add salt. These things are REALLY salty. Besides Trader Joe's, I've seen them at Von's and Ralph's, which I think are Safeway and Kroger in other parts of the country. You probably know this already if you've been a vegetarian for long.

Congratulations to you all!!
Thanks for thinking of me! I'll sacrifice a few extra carbs to stay veggie!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #33  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

So I'm halfway through my first week on the diet, and I couldn't help but weigh myself (and by weigh myself, I actually mean turn on my Wii Fit game) and I'm down 5 lbs! I know that's pretty much all water weight, especially since I started right after Thanksgiving weekend, so I figure anything I lose after this is probably fat. I ordered some Ketostix from the pharmacy I work at, so if I remember I'll go pick those up today.

Speaking of, this is something that I was mildly concerned about before starting, and yesterday was kinda tough... the pharmacy I work in is a Kroger pharmacy, so I'm right in the middle of a grocery store. Right now it's not so bad because I'm only there 10-15 hours a week with school, but next week is finals, and I hope to work 30-40 hours a week over the break. At home it's easy, I can just not walk into the kitchen, but walking past the fruit aisle 10 times a day... it'll be challenging. Especially whenever berries go on sale.

Current tally on food:
Crispy cereal - edible, not exciting
Chicken soup - enjoy
Butterscotch pudding - awesome!
Wildberry yogurt drink - meh
Hearty stew - edible, not exciting
Vanilla shake - pretty tasty
Chocolate drink mix - pretty tasty
Chocolate soy puffs - pretty tasty

Today I get to find out about the omelet, if I get off the computer soon enough. :-)

Oh, and as far as exercising goes, eating an egg sounds like a good idea. You should also consider having a restricted item as your meal following your workout session, because your body will burn up those extra carbs no problem once it's revved up like that. Just don't push yourself too hard, especially if you're not accustomed to working out, otherwise your body will try to force you to give it more fuel and sticking to IP will be a challenge. If you do work out a lot, though, keep it up, maybe just take it a little easy for the first two or three weeks. Myself, I'm trying to do yoga.

Take care!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #34  

Not so Lil Richard, I also was told that if you are already exercising you can keep doing what you are already doing, but not to start anything new. I don't remember the reasoning behind it though. But hey, keep at your hard work!! And, welcome to the forum!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
I meant to ask, has anyone noticed that they are COLDER since starting this diet? Not just because of the weather but staying warm in general. I have the heat on & 4 blankets on my bed. Last year I only slept with a sheet & comforter???

And I wanted to ask again since it was at the tail end of the November thread...any on exercising? Thank you to those who have responded. My Coach recommended adding a hard boiled egg after a work out.
I have noticed that I feel the cold more than before also. So far we have had a warmer than normal Nov/Dec but on the days when it has been cold I have been quite cold!! I worry about how I am going to feel when winter is here in all her glory!!! I wonder if it has something to do with having less fat?

Torchlaker: I am glad you feel much better and you should always hold your head up high!!! You have acheived GREAT things!! Funny what stress can do to our bodies!!!

Did you get the storm that was predicted?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #36  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Hi everyone and Welcome "Newbies",

I read each and every post and hold your thoughts and tips close to my heart.

I am not good at remembering "who said what" so I will not address you individually but please know that I would not have come this far on IP without addictively reading your posts at all kinds of odd hours. LOL.

I am having trouble getting the water in! I maybe drink 32-40 ounces per day instead of 64.

I am getting constipated so I know the 2 are connected!

I am getting tempted by all the goodies that my co-workers are starting to bring in.

I am getting tired of broccoli and salad.

Okay, I vented!

On the positive side: there are some IP packages I haven't tried yet such as the "jello" and the chips.

There are some flavorings I haven't tried yet such as the Torini syrups and Walden Farms coleslaw dressing.

So I will add those in in the next few weeks to keep me motivated.

I am soooooo cold all the time. I have taken to wearing an extra shirt under my scrubs that I wear to work.

I do think it's the layer of fat insulation that is now gone from my body that is making me feel cold.

I used to be a "skinny kid" and "slim" teen-ager and I remember being cold when others weren't.

Exercise: I am in week 6 of my diet and I am feeling ready to do some aerobics. So far I have only been taking walks maybe once or twice a week on my days off work.

(My job as a nurse involves standing and walking for most of a 12 hour shift and I do NOT do any extra exercise on those days! Okay? I do NOT... LOL)

I am just about ready to join my local gym...........

Thanks to all of you for posting, keep coming back........I need you.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #37  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Burr Cold!

@MeghanOYou big LOOser!! Wow....congrats on your results! Keep up the wonderful work.

I'm freezing all the time too! I just thought living in Wy was the culprit.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 176/156/140

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=MeghanO;3032584]I meant to ask, has anyone noticed that they are COLDER since starting this diet? Not just because of the weather but staying warm in general. I have the heat on & 4 blankets on my bed. Last year I only slept with a sheet & comforter???

lol -- I'm finding the same thing!! I've been sleeping with a t-shirt on top of my pj top because I was finding that my shoulders and back were always cold!! I guess we're losing some of that extra 'insulation' that we've been carrying around.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #39  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Ogdog, OMG, Ogdog, OMG!

I just went over to the recipe thread. You have outdone yourself. I can't thank you enough for inspiring me to stick to this diet. There is life on IP.

Your BBQ sauce recipe says

"something magical happens in the fridge"

I say:

"something magical happens when Ogdog goes into the kitchen"

Thanks again!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 176/156/140

Height: 5'3"

Something new that I have just tried and absolutely love!!! Some others have probably already done this, but I added about 2 tsp. instant coffee to my (ready-made) chocolate drink. I'm not really a coffee drinker, but the addition seems to thicken the drink a bit and make it taste richer. And I tried it hot the other day on the way to my son's hockey game and it was really, really good.

(Is instant coffee allowed on IP? I think I remember seeing somewhere that we are allowed coffee, but since I don't usually drink it, I kind of ignored what I read -- if anyone knows if we shouldn't be having this, please let me know.

I actually plan my day around when I can have my 'treat' now :-)

Keep at it everyone.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #41  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=hockyemom;3033253]Something new that I have just tried and absolutely love!!! Some others have probably already done this, but I added about 2 tsp. instant coffee to my (ready-made) chocolate drink. I'm not really a coffee drinker, but the addition seems to thicken the drink a bit and make it taste richer. And I tried it hot the other day on the way to my son's hockey game and it was really, really good.

(Is instant coffee allowed on IP? I think I remember seeing somewhere that we are allowed coffee, but since I don't usually drink it, I kind of ignored what I read -- if anyone knows if we shouldn't be having this, please let me know.

I have the Chocolate Drink & add a a shot of espresso or even a 1/2 cup of coffee. LOVE it, it is sorta like a Mocha. I even add Coffee to my Cappichino.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #42  

Hi, everyone. I just got back from my weigh in. Haven't weighed in 2 weeks and I'm down another 7.2 lbs. and 5.5 inches. A total of 17.2 lbs. in a month. I'm so excited. I've gone down to pants sizes. This diet is awesome!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #43  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to our new members. Congrats to those that are seeing the scale move and hang in there to those who aren't - don't get discouraged by the scale.

Here's what I've been told about coffee and exercise

coffee - coffee is allowed but you need to drink an equal amount of water in addition to the water called for in the diet.

exercise - I think it goes like this - if you were exercising before, then you're good to keep exercising. if you haven't been exercising before, you're supposed to take it easy the first week or so until you get into the swing of the diet. this diet is limited in calories so if you haven't been exercising and start going at it, you'll be really hungry - you might chew the leg off a small child. If you have to really work out (i.e. aerobics) then you're supposed to add a protein pack to compensate.

I lost 4.2 lbs last week - i'd been disappointed because the week before it was only 2 lbs (I know 2 lbs is better than on most other diets but I'm a little spoiled with this diet and expected more). my counselor suggested I not have any of the restricted packs and to make sure to eat my lettuce. the lettuce is supposed to aid in digestion - I think it helps move things along too. Eating this way seemed to work - felt great after the weigh in.

couple of meal ideas I've tried out lately - I cook up frozen broccoli/cauliflawer (2 cups) mash it and add the chicken soup to it - seems like real soup and is my all time favorite lunch - simple, fast and tasty.
i made a "taco" salad and it was yummy. Cooked hamburger, added green pepper and mushrooms and seasoned with taco seasoning. Served over lettuce. it had everything but the chips (and cheese) it made the lettuce...not so cold and flavourless. Cooked turkey burger and flavoured with the WF balsamic dressing and it was yummy too.

loved reading the posts!

Last edited by Mom22; 12-03-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 212/192/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Hi everyone and Welcome "Newbies",

I read each and every post and hold your thoughts and tips close to my heart.

I am not good at remembering "who said what" so I will not address you individually but please know that I would not have come this far on IP without addictively reading your posts at all kinds of odd hours. LOL.

I am having trouble getting the water in! I maybe drink 32-40 ounces per day instead of 64.

I am getting constipated so I know the 2 are connected!

I am getting tempted by all the goodies that my co-workers are starting to bring in.

I am getting tired of broccoli and salad.

Okay, I vented!

On the positive side: there are some IP packages I haven't tried yet such as the "jello" and the chips.

There are some flavorings I haven't tried yet such as the Torini syrups and Walden Farms coleslaw dressing.

So I will add those in in the next few weeks to keep me motivated.

I am soooooo cold all the time. I have taken to wearing an extra shirt under my scrubs that I wear to work.

I do think it's the layer of fat insulation that is now gone from my body that is making me feel cold.

I used to be a "skinny kid" and "slim" teen-ager and I remember being cold when others weren't.

Exercise: I am in week 6 of my diet and I am feeling ready to do some aerobics. So far I have only been taking walks maybe once or twice a week on my days off work.

(My job as a nurse involves standing and walking for most of a 12 hour shift and I do NOT do any extra exercise on those days! Okay? I do NOT... LOL)

I am just about ready to join my local gym...........

Thanks to all of you for posting, keep coming back........I need you.
My coach told me that I can count any water that I use in mixing the protein packets, as well as decaf tea. That should help some. I'm starting my sixth week, too and I think I might start to walk some in the neighborhood. Don't want to commit to a gym.
I get really tired of the lettuce...I use WF thousand island. It's pretty good and that makes it a little better. The new bbq chips are good and so are the soy nuts. My favs are the vanilla peanut bar and the ready made choc. drink and the omelet. I like the stew and the chili, as well. They are all easy to add other veggies to.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #45  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm not sure on what kind of lettuce everyone is eating, but if you try different kinds - I like Romaine the best - i can't even eat iceburg lettuce anymore, it is so tasteless.
I take the broccoli slaw and treat it like coleslaw - add WF honey mustard (didn't like the WF coleslaw dressing), let it sit in refrigerator overnight and it tastes pretty good.
We had cheesecake(one of my favs) for Thanksgiving and of course, brought the left overs home - i'm taking that and my son's birthday cake to work tomorrow to let others enjoy it (and it get it OUT of my house!! - it seems to be calling my name every time i go in the kitchen. )
Love reading the posts. Everyone is doing great. I also like to read the not so positive posts - makes us all humans doesn't it?
Closed Thread