Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #211  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
PS: Did ya all notice that I changed my ticker from a ladybug to a butterfly? Yup...I am starting to spread my wings! The compliments are so nice, everyone....especially cuz I have worked so hard on the "inside" too!
YEA!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 142.5/131.5/120

Height: 5'3"

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I had forgotten that some IP foods, other than bars, are restricted. You add those to the bars I was eating and it's no wonder I was losing so slowly! To be safe, I think I will avoid the bars all together for a while and see how that works. I was hoping to have at least the majority of my weight off by the end of January, as I'll be attending the Krewe of Centaur's Mardi Gras Ball.

I don't have an actual Ideal Protein coach like most of you. I am the office manager of a chiropractic clinic, and our doctors just ordered this program and plan to start offering the products to patients after the holidays. Our female chiropractor has been on it since just before Thanksgiving and has lost 15 pounds. She says she feels great! I was not willing to begin before Thanksgiving, so I just started. Hopefully I will now start to lose as well as she has.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #213  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

so many good stories! Luvmymarine - I was having some of the same challenges - was disappointed in my weight loss - although it was still a lot more than any other diet - my coach suggested to make sure and eat my lettuce as it aids in digestion and cut out the restricted items (even for a week) to get things going again. I did that and lost 4.2 lbs that week.

Maia - regarding the crepes - I was having the same struggles - here's the trick...
Spray some Pam in your non-stick frying pan. heat up the pan -this is the trick because then the pam doesn't just soak into the crepe but actually keeps it from sticking. pour in the crepe mix. be patient - don't flip too early or they fall apart. if you like them crispier, flip them more than once. you can roll some of the WF jams up, veggies, or whatever. you can sprinkle in some spices and make them nice and crispy too. hope that helps.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #214  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyMarine View Post
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I had forgotten that some IP foods, other than bars, are restricted. You add those to the bars I was eating and it's no wonder I was losing so slowly! To be safe, I think I will avoid the bars all together for a while and see how that works. I was hoping to have at least the majority of my weight off by the end of January, as I'll be attending the Krewe of Centaur's Mardi Gras Ball.

I don't have an actual Ideal Protein coach like most of you. I am the office manager of a chiropractic clinic, and our doctors just ordered this program and plan to start offering the products to patients after the holidays. Our female chiropractor has been on it since just before Thanksgiving and has lost 15 pounds. She says she feels great! I was not willing to begin before Thanksgiving, so I just started. Hopefully I will now start to lose as well as she has.
From all our experiences, you will be at goal or within 5 lbs. of it by Mardi Gras. Are you gonna wear a bikini? That is what we all are gonna do when we get to goal. To the store. IN THE SNOW!!!

I don't have a coach either. This site is great for those of us going it solo.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:35 PM   #215  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default Went clothes shopping last night.

and I am officially a size 12 jeans and size Large in sweaters/tops.

That is down from a tight size 16 jeans and very fitted XL in tops.

I bought 2 jeans and 3 tops and 2 (smaller) bras (sorry Josh and other guys) all on sale at JCPenneys.

I got home and threw out the rest of my baggy clothes. Wow, my closet now looks so empty but somehow so Zen and easy to manage.

And I have been "decluttering" other areas of my home. Who needs a dozen bottles of body lotion? Or 2 soup ladles? Or stained bedsheets? Or cracked dishes? lol

IP recipe tip: I added low sodium club soda to my Wild Raspberry Yogurt package (after I mixed it) and it was like drinking an ice cream soda! It was yummy.

Oh, and I'm down another pound!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 212/192/130

Height: 5'

I need some help....I forgot that I was out of my cal-mag and my coach is out of town until my weigh in on Tuesday. I think someone posted a product that was close to the IP supplement. If you know....please let me know.
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #217  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Default Re: cal mag

I would go to Target or other discount super and buy Calcium and Magnesium. This can be seperate or a combo product. Just look at the cal-mag bottle and try to duplicate the milligrams. That's what I did. But it was impossible to match exactly; so for instance instead of 4 tablets a day I take 3 of the product I bought to equal the cal mag product. I did the same with the fish oil. Kept burping it up so I bought "burpless" fish oil.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Optichik - I got mine from Netrition.com...can't remember the name...but like Toomanycats, I only need to take 3 to equal the CalMag. I wouldn't try to go without it too long.

Echobaby - you said it right! Read the prior months posts -- so many of your questions will be answered because we all have had the same struggles, etc. You should be at your goal by the end of January...no problem. I learned a lot on the forum, and I had a coach (nurse).

Lilita -- we are the same size. I am in a 12 Jean and a L top. I think I just ordered my last order from Roamans. I ordered their small and it is too big on me!! Before I wore a size 22 top...and 18 jeans (and they had to be elastic waisted cuz my hips and waists are nearly the same size....still are...but I can wear button jeans for the first time in years).

I just HAVE to share what happened tonight....it was thrilling for me. I guess my red hat gals haven't seen me much since I started losing weight...altho I did try to hide it as much as I could at the October meeting cuz I didn't want any negative feedback. Tonight, I just wore jeans and a purple top I had worn once, then it shrunk. Everyone was so surprised!! Everyone told me how wonderful I looked..how healthy I looked...how I glowed...yadayada. I felt like one of the finalists on Biggest Loser! Of course, my hair has grown out quite a bit..and it is darker...so there were a lot of big changes. NOT ONE negative feedback. AND....I was so worried about the food. Well, there was only pieces of chicken that were on IP. So - I had one drink mixed with diet 7-up. I took half of the portion sizes of the casseroles...and then ate only half of that. I stayed away from the appetizer table...and I had one dessert (usually I would try everything!!). I was only doing this subconsciously, too....I was enjoying the conversations and truly just forgot to eat. I threw away so much food (the children in India...yeah I know)..but I enjoyed what I ate...I just only ate a few bites. This shocked me as much as them!! It was really fun!! NOW - I really can't wait to show my family next week!! It just seems all worth it when the compliments start coming in! Before, people knew something was different, so I would just tell them it was my hair!!

On the hostess' bulletin board was a picture of a few of us at a function a few years back....and one of the gals said, "Wow....here is a good BEFORE picture of you." Fun...fun...fun!!

Luvmymarine....I would hate to see you give up so soon. My "emotional" number was 170...and it seemed like I was stuck there...altho I really only had one week where I didn't lose anything the whole 14 weeks I have been on IP. Your body is detoxing right now....you are going into ketosis...your body needs to adjust. The scale is only a small part of it. If you read past posts, you will see inches are lost....My fat percentage went down every single week...so did my BMI. My blood pressure went down...my cholestrol went down. Try NOT to focus so much on the scale...really (I wanna give you a hug...cuz I do understand. I still get on the scale daily).
Old 12-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #219  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Optichik - I got mine from Netrition.com...can't remember the name...but like Toomanycats, I only need to take 3 to equal the CalMag. I wouldn't try to go without it too long.

Echobaby - you said it right! Read the prior months posts -- so many of your questions will be answered because we all have had the same struggles, etc. You should be at your goal by the end of January...no problem. I learned a lot on the forum, and I had a coach (nurse).

Lilita -- we are the same size. I am in a 12 Jean and a L top. I think I just ordered my last order from Roamans. I ordered their small and it is too big on me!! Before I wore a size 22 top...and 18 jeans (and they had to be elastic waisted cuz my hips and waists are nearly the same size....still are...but I can wear button jeans for the first time in years).

I just HAVE to share what happened tonight....it was thrilling for me. I guess my red hat gals haven't seen me much since I started losing weight...altho I did try to hide it as much as I could at the October meeting cuz I didn't want any negative feedback. Tonight, I just wore jeans and a purple top I had worn once, then it shrunk. Everyone was so surprised!! Everyone told me how wonderful I looked..how healthy I looked...how I glowed...yadayada. I felt like one of the finalists on Biggest Loser! Of course, my hair has grown out quite a bit..and it is darker...so there were a lot of big changes. NOT ONE negative feedback. AND....I was so worried about the food. Well, there was only pieces of chicken that were on IP. So - I had one drink mixed with diet 7-up. I took half of the portion sizes of the casseroles...and then ate only half of that. I stayed away from the appetizer table...and I had one dessert (usually I would try everything!!). I was only doing this subconsciously, too....I was enjoying the conversations and truly just forgot to eat. I threw away so much food (the children in India...yeah I know)..but I enjoyed what I ate...I just only ate a few bites. This shocked me as much as them!! It was really fun!! NOW - I really can't wait to show my family next week!! It just seems all worth it when the compliments start coming in! Before, people knew something was different, so I would just tell them it was my hair!!

On the hostess' bulletin board was a picture of a few of us at a function a few years back....and one of the gals said, "Wow....here is a good BEFORE picture of you." Fun...fun...fun!!

Luvmymarine....I would hate to see you give up so soon. My "emotional" number was 170...and it seemed like I was stuck there...altho I really only had one week where I didn't lose anything the whole 14 weeks I have been on IP. Your body is detoxing right now....you are going into ketosis...your body needs to adjust. The scale is only a small part of it. If you read past posts, you will see inches are lost....My fat percentage went down every single week...so did my BMI. My blood pressure went down...my cholestrol went down. Try NOT to focus so much on the scale...really (I wanna give you a hug...cuz I do understand. I still get on the scale daily).
Torchlaker, Our Resident Poet (and you didn't know it),

Of the many things I would love to comment on, the thing you said that sticks out the most is,"I truly just forgot to eat!" That is awesome. I am starting to experience that, too. All the Christmas goodies my coworkers. vendors, EVERYBODY bring in to my job just fly right under my radar now. WHY DIDN"T I KNOW ABOUT I.P. BEFORE?......you sneaky Canadians, keeping this hidden for so long .....I'm just kidding....I'm Canadian by origin.

Anyway, my emotional number will be 150. It always has been. It is just so hard to break through.

One more thing: I made the chocolate pudding same as always. 2 Splendas, splash vanilla extract, dash of salt,..blah,blah...but I made it with ice cold unsweetened almond milk instead of water. Delicious!!!!! Try it! OK, Good Night. I'm loopy.

Last edited by echobaby; 12-10-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: am loopy
Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Ya know Echobaby - I was wondering the same thing tonight. How could I forget to eat? Why could I pass up these foods now but couldn't before? It can't just be IP...it has to be something inside us that is changing. (Now I DID eat some stuff when I got home cuz I realized I was hungry...but it was all good choices).
Old 12-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #221  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats everyone. I haven't been on for about a week (or maybe longer). What great posts and ideas.
I once heard that the first one or 2 bites are the best, and then we don't really taste much after those bites. I think that is true for most things (except the cheesecake I had at Thanksgiving -
I'm moving on to Phase II and I think i am doing ok. It is sometimes easier to eat the packets than to think about what to fix.
My family hasn't noticed much weight loss either, but I have dropped a size and sometimes 2 in jeans, so I know someone has to notice sometime! But then i remind myself I'm doing this for me, not for them.
You are all such an inspiration to me. It is great that we can all share whatever is bothering us and we get positive and supportive feedback. Thanks everyone!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #222  

So I went to a conference last evening wearing my new duds:Size 12 jeans, Size L cable-knit sweater (new supportive bra) and some suede boots, nice jewelry and hair "done."

My co-workers were there and one of them called me "skinny minnie."

That is all, thank you.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #223  

P.S.

Hey Torchlaker: you are at my "Goal Weight."

Wanna trade inches (height) or pounds? LOL
Old 12-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #224  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

Hmm... I wonder if there is any way to make a creamy-style dressing using the almond milk...
Old 12-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #225  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by elishatamar View Post
Hmm... I wonder if there is any way to make a creamy-style dressing using the almond milk...
Ogdog? I'm going to try the chocolate cake with it tonight.
Closed Thread