Old 12-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #181  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Cerpes/Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia View Post
the IP plain crepe mix.
You can make into a cake. I don't know about the crepe.

add to 2 oz. water before you add packet:

2 packs splenda
dash vanilla ext.
dash sea salt

mix really well. Bake in the microwave for 45-60 secs.

good with coffee. The chocolate esp.

Last edited by echobaby; 12-09-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #182  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly jo View Post
I was excited to see that there was somebody from billings on here. My first weigh in went awesome, I lost 8.4 lbs!! Still can't believe it. I started working out today too, so hopefully that will help to.
CONGRATS!!!! See, it works!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #183  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip888 View Post
Hi,
Home due to the blizzard, was looking for some recipe ideas for Ideal Protein and found you. I have been on the diet for 13 days and lost 9 lbs. This from a fast food, sugar junky. I started the diet because at age 53 and menopausal, my blood pressure had started to climb. I go to Dr. Friday to see how that's going. I really love the protein foods (puddings, choco. drink, soups, omelet, cappucino). I have worked on being very creative with the veggies and salad because I normally don't eat those things.
Hi, Pip, welcome and congratulations on your loss. Come on over and join us on the december IP chat if you're bored.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #184  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

I lost 4lbs this week & 2 inches of my chest & 3/4 inch on my thigh, but no loss any where else! I will take it! Thanks for the support friends!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Well, I had my last weighin before my vacation yesterday..surprisingly, I reached my minigoal of 40# before Christmas. I added up the inches today...and it was 18" overall...BUT - that was 4" off my bust....4.5" off my waist and 6" off my hips!! I will just do the best I can while I am gone...and finish it off when I get back.

PrinCass...I did buy some things to take with me, plus I am doing an order from Netrition. Could you buy some things and ship them down to wherever you are going? I am driving, so it isn't a problem. Yeah...I wouldn't take them in your carryon (maybe a bar, if you get hungry).

I had problems with the crepe mix too....until someone here told me to do it in a larger pan (I was using a small frying pan). That worked out well for me.

Well, we are snowed under. No schools open in the area. It is a heavy snow so the tree limbs are bending to the ground. I was supposed to teach painting at the senior center today...but we don't have the luncheons if there is no school. Now the gals have to wait until I get back to see their pendants.

You all are having wonderful losses. Keep it up! I am at the point now where everyone notices and it is kinda fun. Am anxious to get my families reactions when I go home.

My goal weight will probably change. I decided i wanted to get to 24.9 BMI...(25 is considered overweight). I am at 25.5...so whatever weight I am at when I reach that is probably where I will stay. I had told myself I would go off IP after yesterday...so today seems really wierd. I am looking around thinking..."Now what do Ieat?". Been on IP since 9/9...I guess I got too comfortable about not thinking about my next meal...other than my dinner meal.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #186  

I weighed in today, a day early. I lost 1.6 lbs. and was a little disappointed. I had a lot of trouble drinking all my water each day. I can't complain about 1.6 lbs. though because I have gone from an 18 size pants to a 14 and from XXL shirt to an XL in 5 weeks. Can't beat that!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #187  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjsmom View Post
I weighed in today, a day early. I lost 1.6 lbs. and was a little disappointed. I had a lot of trouble drinking all my water each day. I can't complain about 1.6 lbs. though because I have gone from an 18 size pants to a 14 and from XXL shirt to an XL in 5 weeks. Can't beat that!!!!!
Last week that was all I lost to & I blamed it on my cycle, could that be the issue? I was back up this week as you can see per my signature below! Keep up the work, you are seeing results!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #188  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
Last week that was all I lost to & I blamed it on my cycle, could that be the issue? I was back up this week as you can see per my signature below! Keep up the work, you are seeing results!
YES!!! It was the cycle. I was disappointed when it happened to me, but as soon as the bloating passed, the scale wooshed down. And this(the wooshing down) was in a week where I full on cheated for 2 days. I'm going to try not to forget this next time, as it is quite discouraging.

On that note, I've been taking, in addition to all the other supplements, a "balanced B complex". I remembered that I used to take it years ago to help with PMS, and it did. Including the water retention. I guess I just gradually stopped taking it and forgot all about it. Until this past really bad monthly cycle.

Hey, sorry Josh and the other guys!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #189  

Default Binge Eating Disorder

Hello everyone!
I am planning on Starting IP in January....want to make it through the holidays first! Anyhow, I suffer from Binge Eating Disorder (self-diagnosed). It's fairly new to a lot of people, but I meet all of the criteria. I'm just wondering if anyone else has BED and how the plan is working for them. I lost 50+ pounds over 5 years ago and was able to control my eating and do good, but then met my food-loving boyfriend and have packed it all back on. I don't want to do that EVER again so I just wanted to hear from some others. Thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #190  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not So Lil Richard View Post
Hello everyone!
I am planning on Starting IP in January....want to make it through the holidays first! Anyhow, I suffer from Binge Eating Disorder (self-diagnosed). It's fairly new to a lot of people, but I meet all of the criteria. I'm just wondering if anyone else has BED and how the plan is working for them. I lost 50+ pounds over 5 years ago and was able to control my eating and do good, but then met my food-loving boyfriend and have packed it all back on. I don't want to do that EVER again so I just wanted to hear from some others. Thanks!
Have you ever been to counseling for it? Also, is your boyfriend going on IP with you? Or maybe he could just try to start eating low-carb, low fat....doable?

Last edited by echobaby; 12-09-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #191  
Started IP 10/30/09

Default Thanks for the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Well, I had my last weighin before my vacation yesterday..surprisingly, I reached my minigoal of 40# before Christmas. I added up the inches today...and it was 18" overall...BUT - that was 4" off my bust....4.5" off my waist and 6" off my hips!! I will just do the best I can while I am gone...and finish it off when I get back.

PrinCass...I did buy some things to take with me, plus I am doing an order from Netrition. Could you buy some things and ship them down to wherever you are going? I am driving, so it isn't a problem. Yeah...I wouldn't take them in your carryon (maybe a bar, if you get hungry).

I had problems with the crepe mix too....until someone here told me to do it in a larger pan (I was using a small frying pan). That worked out well for me.

Well, we are snowed under. No schools open in the area. It is a heavy snow so the tree limbs are bending to the ground. I was supposed to teach painting at the senior center today...but we don't have the luncheons if there is no school. Now the gals have to wait until I get back to see their pendants.

You all are having wonderful losses. Keep it up! I am at the point now where everyone notices and it is kinda fun. Am anxious to get my families reactions when I go home.

My goal weight will probably change. I decided i wanted to get to 24.9 BMI...(25 is considered overweight). I am at 25.5...so whatever weight I am at when I reach that is probably where I will stay. I had told myself I would go off IP after yesterday...so today seems really wierd. I am looking around thinking..."Now what do Ieat?". Been on IP since 9/9...I guess I got too comfortable about not thinking about my next meal...other than my dinner meal.
Congratulations, Torchlaker on reaching your minigoal! I'm not sure if I can make mine, but I'm being really good. I just discovered unsweetened almond milk(vanilla) and have been using it in my coffee, so now I have 2 cups(of coffee).. 1 in the morning and 1 in the early afternoon. It's making a big difference in my energy level to actually walk on my treadmill when I get home.

Thanks for the idea of shipping my packets ahead of time. It'll just be my luck that someone searches my bags.

+Ogdog,

You ever make shakes or cook with unsweetened almond milk? It has only 2 carbs per cup. They also have chocolate, which I haven't tried.

Last edited by echobaby; 12-09-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Echobaby: Is that almond milk that is in the regular aisles? I tried soy milk a few weeks ago..yuk. It didn't thicken my SF pudding either....but I have never tried almond milk. I did buy some Lactaid to try to make my own puddings (lactose intolerant) and did that today with regular SF pudding. It is okay. Actually, I liked the IP better.

I am lucky -- years of working the police dispatch desk - I learned to drink my coffee black (milk was usually old and curdled)....I am TRYING to learn to drink tea. But - since I left dispatching -- I rarely even drink coffee. Believe me, on midnight shift, I drank a LOT of it.

I was trying to make YOUR goal, too - ah well......

Not so Lil Richard...I don't really know anything about BED? Hopefully, someone will read your post and help you. I wonder if you search on the internet - maybe under lowcarb AND BED together? Probably all of us have binged and one time or another.....but I am guessing BED is an eating disorder, right? I wish you all the luck in the world.....
Old 12-10-2009, 08:04 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Torchlaker - Congratulations on making your goal and also to everyone else who has lost. Even if it is only a pound or two some weeks, other weeks end up making up for it somehow!! Thankfully.
I am getting closer and closer to my goal and have also started to wonder what I will end up eating. I am trying to start planning ahead so the transition will not be so hard.

Good luck to everyone this week!!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #194  

Ogdog13: Thanks so much for the pumpkin recipes I love pumpkin anything so I have printed these and will definately be trying them out.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 142.5/131.5/120

Height: 5'3"

I am new to Ideal Protein. I started Dec 5., which means it's only been 5 days. I have lost 3.5 pounds. But the scale hasn't moved in 3 days now. I am already starting to get discouraged with my loss. Or lack of... What if I just lost a few pounds of water and that's it? I know I shouldn't be weighing every day, but I have been, as I am skeptical of how well I will lose on this plan. Granted, I only have about 20 pounds to lose, so maybe that's why I'm losing slower than those who have more to lose. But it sure is discouraging! I typically have an IP food for breakfast, an IP food for lunch with a salad (oil and vinegar dressing), an IP bar for a snack, and grilled chicken or fish with salad and a veggie for dinner. I've been measuring my meats and veggies to be sure I'm not having too much or not enough. In the mornings I drink 2 cups of coffee with Splenda and FF, unsweetened Coffee Mate creamer. Other than that, I drink only water all day. I have skipped my salad twice. If anyone sees anything wrong with what I'm doing, I welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

On a side note, I don't know how to get back into my profile to post my starting weight, etc. Help!
Closed Thread