Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #46  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP - Alternative Plan

After several inquiring about the official IP Alternative Plan lately, I thought I would post the official protocol sheets because I couldn't find them posted anywhere (but, then again, I may be blind).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Alternative Plan - Phase 1.pdf (1.77 MB, 1815 views)
File Type: pdf IP Alternative Plan - Phase 2.pdf (200.3 KB, 920 views)
File Type: pdf IP Alternative Plan - Phase 3.pdf (241.2 KB, 897 views)

Last edited by EatAnts; 12-09-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:05 PM   #47  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
After several inquiring about the official IP Alternative Plan lately, I thought I would post the official protocol sheets because I couldn't find them posted anywhere (but, then again, I may be blind).
Thank you Sheila. Saw this after I replied to whodatchick. This is so helpful and spells it all out. You are so helpful!!

Guess I should read the whole days posts before replying in the future...
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #48  
WhoDatChick

S/C/G: 229/189.0/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
THANK YOU!!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #49  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Does phase 3 include any IP packets???

phase 1 is 3 packets
phase 2 is 2 packets
phase 3 is ? packets?????

Thanks
Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #50  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Does phase 3 include any IP packets???

phase 1 is 3 packets
phase 2 is 2 packets
phase 3 is ? packets?????

Thanks
Yes, phase 3 has 1 packet for snack.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:50 AM   #51  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:

Page 1, post number 7 has the alternative phase 1 written out but that is our only information

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3054810-post7.html

But,even if they are somewhere else, things are changing and updated so it never hurts to post current protocols.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 12-15-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #52  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Page 1, post number 9 has the phases attached.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3206600-post9.html

But, things are changing and updated so it never hurts to post current protocols.
Those on post #9 are the standard plan. The ones at the top of this page are the alternate plan.

Last edited by tedski; 12-15-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
Those on post #9 are the standard plan. The ones at the top of this page are the alternate plan.
You're right. Sorry, I was reading too late at night. I corrected it to post 7 which is only phase 1 as alternative.

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #54  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default Good Day On Phase 4???

Hello all!

For those of you on phase 4....can you give me an example of a good day on phase 4?
like as far as eating goes....what do you normally eat on phase 4???

thank you
Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #55  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
For those of you on phase 4....can you give me an example of a good day on phase 4?
like as far as eating goes....what do you normally eat on phase 4???
Jules, go take a look at th Life After thread. You'll get the whole picture. I've bumped it for you.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for posting the alternative plans! Are these the ones appropriate for diabetics? I posted a question about diabetics on IP and someone said that a type 1 diabetic needs to consult a doctor and be careful, but type 2 should be fine. Please let me know if this is the plan or if there is a different one for diabetics.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Thanks for posting the alternative plans! Are these the ones appropriate for diabetics? I posted a question about diabetics on IP and someone said that a type 1 diabetic needs to consult a doctor and be careful, but type 2 should be fine. Please let me know if this is the plan or if there is a different one for diabetics.
Diabetics need to talk to their coach. There is a different plan and it is important that they DO NOT make too many ketones. Ketosis is very hard for a diabetic to regulate and the plan has ways to help them manage.

There are some alternate plans posted that can be used by diabetics BUT, they should still be under the advise of a coach and/or doctor to make sure things are well managed.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 PM   #58  

Red face I'm from MS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnag View Post
Hello from a fellow Mississippian! So glad you are doing this wonderful program with me. My husband and I have been on it for almost 8 weeks now. My scales showed 141.8 this morning and Michael's was 204! I weighed in at 161.3 officially, but we didn't start for another week because we were going to a family reunion. Obviously, I weighed a little more when we actually started IP the next week! Officially I have lost almost 20 pounds and Michael has lost 35 lbs. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10 and Michael from a size 46 pants to a size 38 pants! We have a retail store and our customers have really noticed and commented on the difference. Michael had both hips replaced last year and had gotten to the point where he could hardly walk due to back, knee and foot problems. He was on 4 metformin a day and it was still not controlling his blood sugar. Within a week his blood sugar was normal. Within 2 weeks he was off the metformin. He is also off Inderal which he took for 26 years for tremors, and he no longer has the tremors. This program is about more than just weight loss. It has given him his life back. One of the owners of the weight loss clinic we go to is a former pharmaceutical rep we go to church with. One of the other owners is a local doctor. They took about 2-1/2 years to put their clinic together and did a lot of research before going with the IP program. I have been on many different diets in my adult years, and this is the ONLY one I have been able to stick to. The way I feel, and the way I feel about myself, is more important than any donut or piece of chocolate cake. The first few days were hard for me too (I'm sure it was the chemicals and toxins leaving my body and causing headaches), but it passes and you will start really feeling so good about yourself. You will find that "good for you" food tastes so much better - food like okra and cauliflower and broccoli and turnips. Be sure and check out the recipes, but be cautious as not all are for Phase I. Please feel free to email me. Best of luck!
I just started phase 1, it's my fourth day...and it's not too bad..I travel a lot and got my stuff out of Oxford, but I live in Hburg. I feel great, just "mouth" hungry instead of "stomach" hungry...know it will go away...anyway it's great to see fellow Mississipians on here...I hope to lose like sixty or seventy pounds...
Old 01-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 198/168/158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Carbohydrates are reintroduced to your diet during this phase.

a) Morning:
- Coffee or tea.
- 2 oz. whole-wheat or whole-grain bread, lightly buttered (or use light butter).
- OR 1.5 oz. unsweetened cereal, like unsweetened rolled oats or muesli.
- One dairy product: partly skimmed milk, plain yogurt or cottage cheese.
- A fruit or freshly squeezed fruit juice (fruit is optional at this point).

b) Noon:
- Raw vegetables. All vegetables, including artichokes, carrots, etc., are now allowed.

- 5 oz. lean meat or poultry.
- OR 5 oz. fish (all fish are allowed).
- 1 tablespoon oil for flavor or cooking.
- 7 oz. green vegetables.
- Optional: yogurt.

c) Late-afternoon snack:
- A fruit, if you did not have a fruit for breakfast, or 1 protein packet.

d) Evening:
Dinner is exactly the same as lunch:
- 5 oz. meat, poultry or fish.
- 7 oz. green vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon oil for flavor or cooking.
- 1 serving of yogurt or cottage cheese.

Comments: The intermediate phase should last no longer than two weeks, because you’re on an unbalanced diet that lacks slow carbs!

Note: Very often, many dieters start off their diet with the third phase because they think it’s a balanced, low-calorie diet, but they’re wrong!
will I continue to lose weight in phase 3?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #60  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabin View Post
will I continue to lose weight in phase 3?
Many people continue to lose in Phase 3, as it is still a somewhat low calorie diet but it will not be like typical IP losses. I lost about a pound in my two weeks on phase 3...but the inches continue to shift around for most people. But you should plan on hitting phase 3 at--or below--where you want to end up because as you introduce carbs you will likely put on water weight (which you body needs to store glycogen)
Closed Thread