3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Phases (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.html)

petie 06-03-2011 03:29 PM

Hi, thrilled to be here. THRILLED. I have had delusions of making my own rules and am grateful for some very key information. I'm phase 1. Strickly adhering to no carb/no sugar of anything not on the chart but I have fudged the fats sometimes. No more. I tripped over a post around here somewhere, that had a drill sargeant tone that rang music to my ears. That and being able to read all the (top secret) phases has provided major motivation and understanding. Very cool. I want an apple and that just makes me smile because I don't like them????? Thank you, thank you.

Linden 06-04-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verna newcomb (Post 3876217)
I am waiting for a reply to my question about stool changes after the ideal protein diet.....I was wondering if others had changes like I did and thought perhaps the looser and more frequent movements were because of the changes my body made after doing the ideal protein diet....thankyou, vernabelle

Please ask your question in the Daily Chat where many more people will see it and you're sure to get answers. Since this STICKY is devoted to a discussion of the various phases, most people don't read it unless they want phase-related information.

maykatcooper 06-05-2011 10:48 PM

SHOWGIRLAZ you are an incredible asset to us all! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the reasons and possible results of using the Alternative Protocol. I was borderline diabetic prior to IP but am now WELL WITHIN HEALTHY blood sugar levels. I'm off of 4 1/2 of the 9 blood pressure pills i have to take daily and moving on down. Thanks again for all your help and advice. Smile. MayKat

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar067...4/165/191/.png

TerryT 06-06-2011 12:02 PM

Has anyone with Hypothyroidism tried this diet and if so is there success? I really did not want to pay the $$ if it would not work for people with thyroid issues.

I called the clinics in my area and the resposne was "check with your dr" and the second one I called said sure it works for everyone. I have found the everyone is not necessarily "me" and felt like they just wanted my money and did not really know about thyroid issues.

Thanks for any info.

Slimbound 06-06-2011 09:17 PM

I have hypothyroidism and I have loss 73 lbs so far since jan. 20th

anteej9 06-12-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogdog13 (Post 3039674)
II. Second Step: Managing those slip-ups
There are minor, inconsequential slip-ups for which you don’t need to make up and major slip-ups for which you will have to make up the next day.

1. Minor Diet Slip-ups:
These usually occur when you’re not eating at home, because it’s hard to avoid fats; however, you can easily avoid carbs, or starchy foods and desserts. Have a first course and a main dish and even a small glass of wine if you like. There will be no consequences, as long as these meals don’t become a habit. Go back to your regular diet the next day.

2. Major Diet Slip-ups:
A major diet slip-up is a big meal with all the fixings. After all, you’re entitled to it, aren’t you? You can make up for a major diet slip-up the next day by avoiding all fast and slow carbs for that ONE DAY ONLY. All you have to do is you go back on the first phase of the diet for one day. Why is that? Because when you eliminate all carbohydrates the day after a big meal, you reduce the amount of insulin secreted and block fat storage. You might still gain up to two pounds the day after you, but don’t panic. You didn’t gain two pounds of fat. Your body is unable to lose two pounds of fat in a day and it can’t gain two pounds of fat in a day either. If two pounds of fat equal 9,000 calories and a woman eats an average of 2,000 calories per day, how could your body possibly store the equivalent of four to five days of meals after just one meal? What do those two pounds of fat represent then? They represent the weight of the big meal plus the water or fluid you had with it and that had not been eliminated by the time you stepped on the weigh scale the next day.

Thanks so much for info :) I have been on IP since March 27, 2011 and have lost 38 lbs so far...i LOVE this diet!! 45 to go :) I feel so energized also. Thanks again!!

wuv2bloved 06-13-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryT (Post 3880241)
Has anyone with Hypothyroidism tried this diet and if so is there success? I really did not want to pay the $$ if it would not work for people with thyroid issues.

I called the clinics in my area and the resposne was "check with your dr" and the second one I called said sure it works for everyone. I have found the everyone is not necessarily "me" and felt like they just wanted my money and did not really know about thyroid issues.

Thanks for any info.

I have lost 38 lbs since April 27th, it works. I would recommend it to everyone. Just have to stick to it!

Hollmark 06-14-2011 12:19 PM

Hi all, I am just ready to start phase 4 and I am very excited about it!!
Can someone please clarify to me what is meant by a cheat day not is recommended, but manditory! This does not make sense to me.
Thanks in advance.

darbs7 06-14-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollmark (Post 3891138)
Hi all, I am just ready to start phase 4 and I am very excited about it!!
Can someone please clarify to me what is meant by a cheat day not is recommended, but manditory! This does not make sense to me.
Thanks in advance.

I start phase 4 on Friday.

Without a cheat day....technically their would still be caloric deficiet and weight loss.

They want us to have cheat days....

Plus it will help keep us all motivated and sticking to healthy eating the other days of the week.

Plus if you plan for your cheat days you are still thinking about eating right and proper preparation.

Does all that make sense.

Congrats

Hollmark 06-14-2011 12:32 PM

Thanks Darbs,
I guess I have been so focused on not cheating that it seems foriegn to me!
Congrats to you, too on your fabulous success!!
What a journey, it's been so worth it!

tlcott 06-23-2011 01:31 PM

I have to say, Ideal Protein has been the plan that has worked best for me. I have been on it for almost 5 months and just 2 pounds away from my goal of 40. I am on Phase two for one more week then will start phase II. I have to say I am a bit nervous about the carbs. Any tips anyone might have?

Anitanewdiet 06-23-2011 06:39 PM

carbs ???? yikes

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlcott (Post 3904220)
I have to say, Ideal Protein has been the plan that has worked best for me. I have been on it for almost 5 months and just 2 pounds away from my goal of 40. I am on Phase two for one more week then will start phase II. I have to say I am a bit nervous about the carbs. Any tips anyone might have?

I am having the same feelings going from phase II to III All the carbs you get to eat??? I know thats the whole plan to get back to what we would eat if we ate healthy again but it's so much food but IP trained us so well about looking at the amount of carbs & sugar in the food. :?: scarey stuff

tlcott 06-24-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anitanewdiet (Post 3904666)
I am having the same feelings going from phase II to III All the carbs you get to eat??? I know thats the whole plan to get back to what we would eat if we ate healthy again but it's so much food but IP trained us so well about looking at the amount of carbs & sugar in the food. :?: scarey stuff

Yes it is, just need to keep the will power up and keep it in moderation! I have come too far and really don't want to be back where I was. Good luck!

AHawkes 07-11-2011 01:08 PM

Day 1 for me. Just wanted to say you all are an inspiration! Reading all of your posts has made me confident that I can do this.

I am doing my own version (poor college student :o)
Bought soy protein powder and have been mixing with Coffee for b-fast and decaf in the afternoon....Are deli meats like turkey and ham ok? My friend is on the legit diet and says no dairy, but I've been using plain, non-fat Greek yogurt as a dipping sauce. That OK?
Any advice/tips/substitutions would be amazing!

and keep up the amazing work!!!

~Ashley

cookincook 07-11-2011 01:43 PM

Jordana,

Almond milk is low in fat, calories and carbs but high in protein. Is this considered fat? Josephs mid east breads are low in carbs, cal, fat. A good alternative? I too am new to this forum. Thanks.