3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet - Phases (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.html)

Paulitens 01-12-2014 02:08 AM

Hello! I am new here at 3FatChicks. :)

I have been considering IP for ever... and I always have the same reservation: the money. A few years back I did a somewhat "high in protein, low in carbs" diet of my own and I didn't do too bad but somehow I fell off the wagon. Now I kind of have the money to afford IP but I still don't want to spend that money! I feel it's ridiculously expensive for my pocket and I might be too money conscious.

In any case... I'm excited!! I don't know when I'll be starting it (maybe on Monday 1/13 or Monday 1/18). The information you ladies have provided here has been priceless to me given that doing the "authentic" IP diet is out of the question. Thank you so much!

Dana1199 01-24-2014 05:18 PM

Ok! so super excited, going to go and get all my goodies and meet my coach in 1 hour. Will be holding off starting till Monday though as I have a full weekend planned and don't want to sabotage myself my first 2 days in. :p

My co-workers are all on board with me doing this too, they are going to respect the "CAUTION - Dana may bite as she is on a highly restrictive diet" sign that will be on my office door. ;) I am prepared for the first bit of emotional and difficult days.

Looks like a great support resource here. happy to get started with you all.

d.

3happy 02-22-2014 11:11 PM

Thanks for all the great info

Cottnball2 02-24-2014 05:59 PM

There is some great info in here! Great to know and understand all the phases so I can plan long term

Itstime 03-06-2014 06:24 PM

I'm back at 3fatchicks after a long hiatus. I know someone doing the Ideal protein diet and she has had amazing results (as has her husband). I'm thinking of trying it.

The one concern I have is that I have food allergies and sensitivities. I am allergic to soy and I know a lot of these kind of products have soy in them. Can you share if most of the product ingredients have soy? I think some don't, but it would cut down my options for variety a lot if most did.

I'm also lactose intolerant, so wondering if they have dairy/milk in them.

Thanks for any help you could offer.

lisa32989 03-06-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itstime (Post 4958115)
I'm back at 3fatchicks after a long hiatus. I know someone doing the Ideal protein diet and she has had amazing results (as has her husband). I'm thinking of trying it.

The one concern I have is that I have food allergies and sensitivities. I am allergic to soy and I know a lot of these kind of products have soy in them. Can you share if most of the product ingredients have soy? I think some don't, but it would cut down my options for variety a lot if most did.

I'm also lactose intolerant, so wondering if they have dairy/milk in them.

Thanks for any help you could offer.

Well, the IP products that don't have soy have whey, which is made from milk. But most of the sugars are refined out. Do you know if you can have whey?
I'm soy/gluten sensitive so I do IP without soy. It definitely limits choices but is doable.

gidgetonsweets 03-09-2014 10:34 AM

Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???

Laurarab95 03-09-2014 01:40 PM

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this question but...I want to lose 6-7 lbs and have been unable to despite many efforts. Is the ideal protein diet appropriate for this? My pal had great success this diet. Could I do phase one for a de weeks, drop the 7 lbs and then use the latter phases to maintain? Or is this too extreme for that amount? Thanks

Laurarab95 03-09-2014 01:44 PM

Ok for losing 5-7 lbs or too extreme?

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this question but...I want to lose 6-7 lbs and have been unable to despite many efforts. Is the ideal protein diet appropriate for this? My pal had great success this diet. Could I do phase one for a de weeks, drop the 7 lbs and then use the latter phases to maintain? Or is this too extreme for that amount? Thanks

drd1961 03-09-2014 02:24 PM

I would not do IP for 7 pounds. I would use a lo-carb approach. Buy a book on lo-carb dieting, google low carb. It should give you enough to clean up your diet and lose.

Mcls26 04-29-2014 11:21 PM

Congratulations to you all for your success and thanks for sharing your stories and thoughts. Is there somewhere I can purchase the packets online without going through a coach? I have followed Protein Power before with success and this is similar. I'm looking forward to getting started.

Alphaomegatx 07-26-2014 03:28 PM

Hello. I started IP a week ago. I'm a 40yo male. Live lost 19.5 lbs in a week. Is that too fast? Won't lie. This week has been very hard. I have high blood pressure and type II diabetes. My blood pressure has shot quite low a few times. When I get up I get light headed for a few seconds. Does this happen to anyone else and how can I resolve this. Heeelp

canadjineh 07-26-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphaomegatx (Post 5046820)
Hello. I started IP a week ago. I'm a 40yo male. Live lost 19.5 lbs in a week. Is that too fast? Won't lie. This week has been very hard. I have high blood pressure and type II diabetes. My blood pressure has shot quite low a few times. When I get up I get light headed for a few seconds. Does this happen to anyone else and how can I resolve this. Heeelp

Wow, that is quite a loss. I am assuming you probably have quite a bit to lose before you get to goal. Let your doc know what is happening to you and carefully keep track of your sugars & your BP. Meds may need to be changed fairly quickly, that is why it is important to keep in contact with a doc. One thing many have problems with is getting all their salt in; when you feel lightheaded, do a salt lick. Dump some in your hand, lick it up & follow with a water chaser. Make sure you are eating all your packets and if you are quite heavy, you may need an extra packet for the first while. This is likely quite a change from old eating habits, so yes, it will be hard for a bit, but once your body gets used to ketosis, it is usually easier. Join everyone on the daily chat thread as there is a good mix of newbies and veterans many of which have lost over 100 lbs and are still keeping it off. Congrats on starting on a new road to better health. :hug:

Liana

Alphaomegatx 07-26-2014 04:10 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm familiar with the salt lick but just never with water as the chaser LOL. I've consulted my nutritionist and a med was changed but as you mentioned this May need to happen again. These threads are really helping me better understand. It probably beats my doctors office blocking my emails. Oh they prescribed a pill and said to lay off the salt. No licking salt here I guess might as well take a nap and see which drive thru I end up in. Hopefully a good one :). Thanks again Liana

JLUS 07-26-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphaomegatx (Post 5046835)
Thanks for the input. I'm familiar with the salt lick but just never with water as the chaser LOL. I've consulted my nutritionist and a med was changed but as you mentioned this May need to happen again. These threads are really helping me better understand. It probably beats my doctors office blocking my emails. Oh they prescribed a pill and said to lay off the salt. No licking salt here I guess might as well take a nap and see which drive thru I end up in. Hopefully a good one :). Thanks again Liana

Regarding SALT...

It is normal that when one has high blood pressure you will be directed to lower your salt in take immediately. HOWEVER, that would assume that even if you are working on weight loss, you are probably following a pretty standard diet plan.

IP is very different. You will NOT get enough salt in IP to maintain necessary body operations. You will come no where near the amount of salt in the average American diet. You NEED the daily 1/4 tsp and possibly need a bit more as you combat the headaches and such. Do not shy away from adding the salt.

How familiar us your doctor with IP?? It may be necessary to educate him/her a bit in order for him/her to monitor and advise you properly... OR you may want to find a Dr who knows and understands IP.

Regarding the diabetes... I hope you monitor your blood sugars regularly or will start doing so immediately. They will be dropping possibly quickly and you need to know as they sustain in the lower ranges when to talk to your dr about adjusting whatever meds you take for diabetes!