3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ideal Protein Diet - Phases

Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #166

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
Hello all,
I've just started looking into doing IP and the more I read the more interested I am. I'd prefer to do it on my one for monetary reason. So my question is can I just buy the packets and pills and then just start following the phase I plan? I saw some different websites listed but which would be the best for me to buy the packets? Any recomendations on which food packs I should get? Any help is appreciated!!!!!
Gutter girl, check the AlternatIve thread in the stickies at the top of this forums page. I've been on alternatives the whole timeand have lost almost 50 pounds.

"Once I hit goal, I'm getting a DVF Wrap Dress!"

Started IP, using alternatives, January 7, 2012. Reached goal July 6, 2012.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #167

S/C/G: 193/185.6/136

Height: 5'1"

mama zu so the alternatives? They have breads etc on those, I am a little confused.
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #168

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL View Post
mama zu so the alternatives? They have breads etc on those, I am a little confused.
The word "Alternatives" is used in 2 different ways.
1. Phase 1 Alternative is for people with diabetes and adds some breads, etc.
2. Ideal Protein using Alternatives. This is for those of us that don't go to a center but do the program on our own, using alternative products that aren't Ideal Protein brand but very similar in composition.
Hope that this clears things up for you.
Here's a link to number 2, which is what I do:
IP - Food Altnerative Ideas & Tips

"Once I hit goal, I'm getting a DVF Wrap Dress!"

Started IP, using alternatives, January 7, 2012. Reached goal July 6, 2012.

Last edited by MaMaZu : 06-17-2012 at 11:47 PM.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #169

S/C/G: 193/185.6/136

Height: 5'1"

i think I read the Alternatives for phase 3 or something, anyways, got it, thanks. I think the protein mix I have from costco is good to when comparing them with what I have. I have muscle mix. Anyways, talk with you soon!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #170

Question Alternatives

So I'm unwilling to join the actual IP program but I want to try out this diet. So for those of you who didn't joint the program, can you recommend any store-bought replacements for the "Ideal Protein Envelope" and "Ideal Protein Food"? I have some co-workers who are on the diet and they replaced them with protein shakes? Is that an okay alternative? If so, can any of you recommend a brand and flavor?

Same question goes for the vitamins. Are there certain brands I should try?

Thank you!
LoveHearts24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #171
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHearts24 View Post
So I'm unwilling to join the actual IP program but I want to try out this diet. So for those of you who didn't joint the program, can you recommend any store-bought replacements for the "Ideal Protein Envelope" and "Ideal Protein Food"? I have some co-workers who are on the diet and they replaced them with protein shakes? Is that an okay alternative? If so, can any of you recommend a brand and flavor?

Same question goes for the vitamins. Are there certain brands I should try?

Thank you!
There are a TON of threads for alternatives... you might have to just search for them... I know alotta folks to the EAS shakes and Pure Protein Bars... And some order from Nausha. They are come pretty comparable products...
Old 06-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #172

S/C/G: 224/118/160

Height: 5'5"

Smile week one

Week one I lost 9 pounds. I am so excited.
brenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #173
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Checking my signature

REBOOT 12/2013
[
shathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #174
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shathom View Post
Checking my signature
seems to be working!

my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #175

S/C/G: 201/187/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Returning to IP - have a few questions.

I lost 30 pound a few years ago on IP and have gained back over half of that now. I'm returning to the IP program tomorrow. I still have about 15 packages to use and will go and purchase more tomorrow as I see new products have become available.

I'd like first to congratulate everyone on their successes be it large or small, keep positive, we are all here to make a difference in our lives.

I need to know exactly how Phase 1 works again. I think I started on 3 packets a day and was only allowed so many of certain things a day or a week. Could someone help me with that. I no longer have the paperwork that came with my original start-up kit.

Also, how many of the vitamins do I take daily? Are there any other things I should be doing daily, or avoiding. Is there a list of what you can have and what you can't. I have a pretty good idea but I'm not exactly sure if things like Olive Oil, can I have it or not? Yogurt, can I have that or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I loved many of the different foods so I'm excited about getting back on track. With a new Ideal Protein location closer to my home town, this should be much easier than my first attempt, which was pretty successful! ((thanks))) Trish

Last edited by skittlescda : 07-15-2012 at 12:31 PM.
skittlescda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #176
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
I lost 30 pound a few years ago on IP and have gained back over half of that now. I'm returning to the IP program tomorrow. I still have about 15 packages to use and will go and purchase more tomorrow as I see new products have become available.

I'd like first to congratulate everyone on their successes be it large or small, keep positive, we are all here to make a difference in our lives.

I need to know exactly how Phase 1 works again. I think I started on 3 packets a day and was only allowed so many of certain things a day or a week. Could someone help me with that. I no longer have the paperwork that came with my original start-up kit.

Also, how many of the vitamins do I take daily? Are there any other things I should be doing daily, or avoiding. Is there a list of what you can have and what you can't. I have a pretty good idea but I'm not exactly sure if things like Olive Oil, can I have it or not? Yogurt, can I have that or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know I loved many of the different foods so I'm excited about getting back on track. With a new Ideal Protein location closer to my home town, this should be much easier than my first attempt, which was pretty successful! ((thanks))) Trish
Check out the first page of this thread.
kjwready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #177

Default Phase I

I am on Phase I of the IP, my concerns are:
-- I feel like I am cheating when I have my night time snack-- do I have to eat the snack?
--How do I know is a seasoning is ok to use?
--This morning I did have two cups of coffee, two splendas with half and half- is this ok? I also had my herb omelet mix plus supps.

This is my first full week on the program...I weigh in on Monday!

Thanks so much!

rosepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #178

Hi and welcome!
Yes, you need to have all of your packets, the snack is just as important as all your other meals!
For seasonings make sure the follow the 0/0/0 rule.
Coffee and splenda are fine but not the half and half. You are allowed 1 oz. of skim milk to use in your coffee.
Check out the daily thread, it is the best place to ask any questions you may have, lots of people read it so your questions will get answered much faster that way!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #179

S/C/G: 330/255/230

Height: 6'-0

i have been on IP for 56 weeks now and have lost about 57LBS. but i think i am going to check into the alternative products. my wife is on with me and now my daughter wants on as well. that would cost a a car note each month. lol, this info has been so great in two ways. Now the how and where to get everything i need is done. and two having all the phases is fantastic. thank you all!!!
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #180

S/C/G: 330/255/230

Height: 6'-0

edit
i havr been on for 6 weeks.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.