S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

darn I got all excited lol
Old 02-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 161.6/133/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Just started Ideal this past Tuesday

hi
I am happy so far since I did lose 5 lbs and seem to be able to stick to this diet pretty well. Yesterday I did have a headache and felt weak until the afternoon. Then it went away. I eat the dinner at lunch since I can do that easy. The packaged food seems weird and pasty but it is worth it I guess. I just look at the Recipes on this site and they are hopeful.
I had the most trouble with that crepe and ended up tossing not only the crepe but the whole pan in the trash and eating nothing.
I am sure I will get the hang of it. I gained 13 lbs this past year due to a severe hip disablity and pain so I am not able to do exercise. I need the hip replaced and this diet will get weight off. I am only about 20 lbs overweight but it is causing issues with my hip pain and my wearing clothing I like. I look matron like in a dress and this will fix that I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
Okay, I'll get this thread started so it doesn't get taken away.

Phase I is very low calorie, low carb and low fat.

Phase I includes 3 Ideal Protein Packets per day and one regular (restricted) meal that can be eaten at any time (lunch, dinner or even breakfast.) Phase I includes lettuce salads and some (not all) vegetables and some mandatory vitamin and mineral supplements.

The packets are powdered soups, shakes, and small portions of chili, spaghetti and hearty stew that are mixed with water to prepare. Protein bars can be used instead of a packet. Some packets and the bars are restricted to once a day.

Phase I is the most restricted and I was told I would be on it until I reached 80% of my goal weight at which time I would go to Phase II which I think means I will go down to 2 IP packets per day and 2 regular meals per day.

I have been on Phase I for 3 weeks and have lost 17 pounds. I have not cheated. I am down to one pair of jeans (loose size 14) I am 5'8"
I threw out 3 pairs of size 16 jeans that were too baggy on me.

My motivation to go on this diet were my brother who lost 90 pounds and his wife who lost over 40 pounds in one year. They both look great. My other brother and my 3 sisters and I plus several nieces and nephews all recently started on this diet and we are all having great success.

The first 3 days are the hardest.

I am in my fourth week and I am almost never hungry. I am eating according to the plan but I have lost interest in most foods. I can even watch the food channel and it doesn't cause me any cravings. I sit in restaurants and am not tempted by other people's dishes.

I highly recommend this diet if you want fast results. But you have to be ready to commit to it and be prepared to NOT CHEAT. If you cheat, it just won't work and you are wasting your time and money.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
Has anyone with Hypothyroidism tried this diet and if so is there success? I really did not want to pay the $$ if it would not work for people with thyroid issues.

I called the clinics in my area and the resposne was "check with your dr" and the second one I called said sure it works for everyone. I have found the everyone is not necessarily "me" and felt like they just wanted my money and did not really know about thyroid issues.

Thanks for any info.
Absolutely am having success on IP and I am also hypothyroid.

Last edited by dhampton; 03-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I have read about people with thyroid problems having success with IP where other programs have failed. I can not answer from a medical science view though.

On my IP program, we are to loose 100% before moving off of Phase I. I am not sure where the differences in the recommended % of goal come in.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #155  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhampton View Post
Absolutely am having success on IP and I am also hypothyroid.
Ditto...very impressed after 2 weeks on IP.

With the all the soy in the IP products (not the best if you have thyroid issues), you need to make sure that you stay regular on your thyroid meds. But it's just for the short term, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #156  
IP/Atkins Hybrid

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
On my IP program, we are to loose 100% before moving off of Phase I. I am not sure where the differences in the recommended % of goal come in.
In Dr. Tran's book he recommends 70-80%, and then moving to Phase 2. But the IP protocol I saw said 80-90%.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanym View Post
In Dr. Tran's book he recommends 70-80%, and then moving to Phase 2. But the IP protocol I saw said 80-90%.
This seems to have changed in the past year. I think it is 100% now.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #158  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Hi! Brand new to IP - this is my 3rd day. I recently lost 40 lbs on just a 1200 cal/day diet - and gained it ALL back - very disheartening. I tried to get back on the same plan, but found myself binging and gorging myself on carbs. Since success breeds success, I knew I needed something drastic and proven. So, here I am on IP! I'm surprised that I haven't been hungry and have not had cravings, even after only 3 days. The protein packs aren't too bad - so far. Very expensive though! Couple of questions - can you find the IP packs online cheaper (I paid 27.50 for each box!) and are they the same quality as you'd get at the Dr's office? Can you have diet soda on the IP diet? Thanks guys!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Hi! Brand new to IP - this is my 3rd day. I recently lost 40 lbs on just a 1200 cal/day diet - and gained it ALL back - very disheartening. I tried to get back on the same plan, but found myself binging and gorging myself on carbs. Since success breeds success, I knew I needed something drastic and proven. So, here I am on IP! I'm surprised that I haven't been hungry and have not had cravings, even after only 3 days. The protein packs aren't too bad - so far. Very expensive though! Couple of questions - can you find the IP packs online cheaper (I paid 27.50 for each box!) and are they the same quality as you'd get at the Dr's office? Can you have diet soda on the IP diet? Thanks guys!
Welcome! Sounds like you're doing great so far on IP! Always feel free to drop by to keep yourself motivated and chat with us ladies!
If you're looking for cheaper IP products, there are other brands out there that sell very similar products (some even the same). Visit the Alternatives sticky or http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ions-here.html
There is a few different websites to order from as well as products you can pick up at your local walmart, target, or grocery store. There are many people on this forum that lose the same amount of weight while on only alternatives and you can ask them more in the alternatives stickies.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #160  
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Stating IP today ...LOTS of questions!!

Due to the phenomenal success of my honey on IP I have begun my journey today, he is at a 30 lb. weight loss in 6 weeks and the before and after pictures show just what IP does in such a short time...Can I just say WOW!

I am a mother of 4, all grown and on their own except my youngest. I realized that I actually weigh more now than when I was pregnant with my children. YIKES, when did that happen?!

Approximately 4 years ago I went through a divorce after being married for 18 years and that was quite a life changing event. Then 3 years ago I met the most amazing man and love him dearly. Our only problem is we spent a lot of our time eating out socially and sad to say it's added up to WEIGH more than we realized..haha.

So now I'm ready... ready to not cry when I try on clothes, ready to be able to breathe because my pants aren't digging into my waist, ready to be proud when I look in the mirror, and most of all to be strong and healthy. Today is the day that journey begins!!!

So for food questions...I am excited but there are a few things I couldn't seem to find on the boards any my coach's answer wasn't solid.

Can we have I Can't Believe it's Not Butter on veggies? What's the word on Sugar Free Jello? Is it true in the first part of Phase 1 the bars can slow your progress??

I don't want to fail, I have the worst time with my willpower and was hoping these few things would help me through the tough times

I have been reading these boards for days and I am so excited. You are all amazing and such an inspiration...now to just get through the next few days. I want to rock their socks off at first weigh in. My fiance lost 13 lbs over the course of a week and a half. Dr. says being a female I probably won't have the same success, why does that seem like a challenge now
Old 05-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2nite View Post
Due to the phenomenal success of my honey on IP I have begun my journey today, he is at a 30 lb. weight loss in 6 weeks and the before and after pictures show just what IP does in such a short time...Can I just say WOW!

I am a mother of 4, all grown and on their own except my youngest. I realized that I actually weigh more now than when I was pregnant with my children. YIKES, when did that happen?!

Approximately 4 years ago I went through a divorce after being married for 18 years and that was quite a life changing event. Then 3 years ago I met the most amazing man and love him dearly. Our only problem is we spent a lot of our time eating out socially and sad to say it's added up to WEIGH more than we realized..haha.

So now I'm ready... ready to not cry when I try on clothes, ready to be able to breathe because my pants aren't digging into my waist, ready to be proud when I look in the mirror, and most of all to be strong and healthy. Today is the day that journey begins!!!

So for food questions...I am excited but there are a few things I couldn't seem to find on the boards any my coach's answer wasn't solid.

Can we have I Can't Believe it's Not Butter on veggies? What's the word on Sugar Free Jello? Is it true in the first part of Phase 1 the bars can slow your progress??

I don't want to fail, I have the worst time with my willpower and was hoping these few things would help me through the tough times

I have been reading these boards for days and I am so excited. You are all amazing and such an inspiration...now to just get through the next few days. I want to rock their socks off at first weigh in. My fiance lost 13 lbs over the course of a week and a half. Dr. says being a female I probably won't have the same success, why does that seem like a challenge now
First of all !!! You will feel so good after the first week, and when you're clothes are falling off of you! You're face will light up when the clothes you try on are too big! You deserve this and will do great!
I found that since this program costs $ I was able to stick to it. I knew how to eat right and healthy before.. I just didnt have the motivation or support. Now with my coach, I'm held accountable and I think about how what I eat will effect my weekly WI and how much money I've spent to be healthier. I don't want to waste the $ i've spent on a donut.
The restricted bars are part of the program so enjoy them! I've had one since the day i've started. They really do keep me sane.
My coach said I can't believe it's not butter SPRAY is OK to use on veggies.. just don't go overboard and only use a couple sprays.
Don't do sugar free jello. There is aspartame in a lot of them which is a NOT OK artificial sweetener.
When you feel like you really need some motivation, come here! We are all here to help
Old 05-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5"6

Hey everyone. I'm new to IP (on day 6) and I"m having serious ups and downs with it. I'm feeling so tired and still having serious cravings for sweets and carbs. I also feel hungry a lot still. I was told that I would be in ketosis by day 3 and all of that would go away. Maybe there's something i'm not doing right and will need to check in with my coach.
Anyhow, I"m glad I found this forum because I've been feeling very alone in my diet. Was even feeling a little embittered at one point today and started doubting my motives for joining this program. I LOVE for so much and sometimes can't help but wonder if this is really worth it? It could be my addictions talking...or pms (lol).
At any rate the inner saboteur is on my case right now. But reading all your posts and success stories is so very inspiring and is helping my morale. I am going to see my coach tomorrow and hopefully see some numbers drop which will give me a boost.
Thanks everyone for being here
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5"6

whoops. that one line should say "I LOVE *food* so much". :P
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

save.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #165  

Hello all,
I've just started looking into doing IP and the more I read the more interested I am. I'd prefer to do it on my one for monetary reason. So my question is can I just buy the packets and pills and then just start following the phase I plan? I saw some different websites listed but which would be the best for me to buy the packets? Any recomendations on which food packs I should get? Any help is appreciated!!!!!
Closed Thread