Ideal Protein Diet - Phases

You're on Page 10 of 23
Go to
  • Hi everyone. I've been doing IP for the last 9+ months and lost 63 lbs. I feel like I should lose about 7 more so when I go into maintenance and maybe adjust by gaining a few lbs, it will help. But I seem to be stuck at the 63 lbs loss. I'm also getting really tired of a whole life of IP but even tho I'm still doing phase I and not really losing anymore, it's making me fear going in to other phases and what will happen.
    My coach was also useless during the whole time, and I really need help to see some sample menus for Phase 3 and 4. I've seen a ton of recipes, but i need help with whole day menu samples. Can you guys help???
  • Quote: I never did get any kind of energy surge, more of just feeling better a bit at a time as more weight comes off.

First, do they check your blood pressure? Mine dropped pretty low pretty quick. Suggestions for this are be sure you are getting in the 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt per day(I measure it) or even add caffeine (the salt helps me).

Next, are you eating any restricted IP packets? Having one per day also helped. If your clinic is having you hold off on that, be sure to have some of the restricted vegetables twice a week.

Then, the regular non-diet related stuff: are you coming down with something? close to TOM? allergies? weather?

My theory is that some of us have some really bad stuff in our fat and it affects us differently. Also, some of us have really messed up our body systems, so starting to use fat for fuel is confusing (and a bit exhausting) to our bodies, kind of like an old car that you have to start up in just a certain way before it will turn on and run smoothly. It really does get better and the need for so much sleep does let up.

Certainly if you continue to feel badly for a week or two straight, consider visiting your doctor.
    I wonder about that. Interesting theory. I, too, never had that burst of energy. And often I am hungry. So everyone is different. But, I am curious about your theory. Strange things can happen when stuff is released.
  • Hello everyone. Im excited to start IP on my own. I ordered some material about the program and printed out some food comparison charts in case I want to order alternative products but I am still a little confused about a few basic ideas of phase 1. From what I understand, per day it's:
    3 IP packets, 5-8oz protein (I have a list of permitted items), 4 cups of veggies (I have a list of permitted items), 64 oz of water, supplements and 1-2 teaspoons of olive/grape seed oil.
    My question is....is a soup pack the same as a pudding or drink mix or soy puff or protein bar?? I understand that some items are "restricted" meaning 1 per day but does a pudding or an orange drink mix etc count as an actual IP MEAL PACKET or are these things snacks?? I am about to order some food and I just want to be clear. Any help would be great. Thank you!!
  • Quote: Hi everyone. I've been doing IP for the last 9+ months and lost 63 lbs. I feel like I should lose about 7 more so when I go into maintenance and maybe adjust by gaining a few lbs, it will help. But I seem to be stuck at the 63 lbs loss. I'm also getting really tired of a whole life of IP but even tho I'm still doing phase I and not really losing anymore, it's making me fear going in to other phases and what will happen.
    My coach was also useless during the whole time, and I really need help to see some sample menus for Phase 3 and 4. I've seen a ton of recipes, but i need help with whole day menu samples. Can you guys help???
    You might wanna ask in the experienced or the Maintainance Thread, they would be able to help you out more. Also check the sticky's.
  • Quote: Hello everyone. Im excited to start IP on my own. I ordered some material about the program and printed out some food comparison charts in case I want to order alternative products but I am still a little confused about a few basic ideas of phase 1. From what I understand, per day it's:
    3 IP packets, 5-8oz protein (I have a list of permitted items), 4 cups of veggies (I have a list of permitted items), 64 oz of water, supplements and 1-2 teaspoons of olive/grape seed oil.
    My question is....is a soup pack the same as a pudding or drink mix or soy puff or protein bar?? I understand that some items are "restricted" meaning 1 per day but does a pudding or an orange drink mix etc count as an actual IP MEAL PACKET or are these things snacks?? I am about to order some food and I just want to be clear. Any help would be great. Thank you!!
    I am attaching the Nutritional fact sheet for the IP products, it tells you what is restricted or not restricted, this should help you

• Hi I Just Recently Started Ip Too.....like 3 Days Ago... I Feel Weak, Constipated And Bloated. I Have Been Just Drinking The Choc Drinks As I Like Nothing Else. My Husband Is Also Doing This And Not Having Any Problems....go Figure...
  • just started 3rd week
    It was great to find this blog with other people doing the same diet!! Thanks for being out there!

I've just started and my coach was unavailable this past week so I've only see her once.

It says on the phase 1 instruction, "sweetener permitted", but my coach didn't know anything about it at my first visit. Does anyone know what sweetener is allowed?

And I love the chocolate pre-mixed drinks. Does the powdered chocolate drink taste the same?

edit: I'm reading through past posts and noticing that some are told to join the "daily post" - can someone provide a link to that - so I can find it? Really want to gain from the experience of others who've been on the diet for awhile successfully..

• Quote: It was great to find this blog with other people doing the same diet!! Thanks for being out there!

I've just started and my coach was unavailable this past week so I've only see her once.

It says on the phase 1 instruction, "sweetener permitted", but my coach didn't know anything about it at my first visit. Does anyone know what sweetener is allowed?

And I love the chocolate pre-mixed drinks. Does the powdered chocolate drink taste the same?

edit: I'm reading through past posts and noticing that some are told to join the "daily post" - can someone provide a link to that - so I can find it? Really want to gain from the experience of others who've been on the diet for awhile successfully..

Welcome!! The sweeteners we are allowed are Splenda and Stevia. Aspartame is not allowed on this diet, because it can trick your body into releasing insulin which is what we don't want to do.

I never tried the chocolate RTD so I can't help you there, but I like the chocolate pudding made into a 'shake' by adding a little extra water.

Here's the link to today's daily thread IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/2/2012. Welcome again and jump right in!!
  • Does anyone have a Phase 4 pdf ?
  • Quote: Does anyone have a Phase 4 pdf ?
    This is what I have...it may be an old one though

• be patient with me. I'm new this blogging stuff and can't figure out to post a new post after a thread is closed. so didn't know how to get this on the daily post -- this is a phase question anyway so maybe it belongs here.

Saw my coach yesterday. She was unavailable last week so the receptionist at the front desk filled my food order. My 3rd order form. When my coach saw it, she was upset because I had ordered and ate a package of "spaghetti bolognese" during my last week. She said I wasn't allowed to have this yet. that it's only given to men. Said I can only have the chili.

Can you tell what phase women can have the "spaghetti bolognese"? The only answer my coach had was that I had to wait until I reintroduced carbohydrates. We were interrupted and she needed to get the phones. I couldn't wait so went to my next appt while she waved goodbye.
  • Quote: be patient with me. I'm new this blogging stuff and can't figure out to post a new post after a thread is closed. so didn't know how to get this on the daily post -- this is a phase question anyway so maybe it belongs here.

Saw my coach yesterday. She was unavailable last week so the receptionist at the front desk filled my food order. My 3rd order form. When my coach saw it, she was upset because I had ordered and ate a package of "spaghetti bolognese" during my last week. She said I wasn't allowed to have this yet. that it's only given to men. Said I can only have the chili.

Can you tell what phase women can have the "spaghetti bolognese"? The only answer my coach had was that I had to wait until I reintroduced carbohydrates. We were interrupted and she needed to get the phones. I couldn't wait so went to my next appt while she waved goodbye.
    Kracker, I think your name is a good name for your coach!....You can have the sketti ONCE or TWICE a week....its NOT ONLY for MEN...I have never heard of such a thing. Its an occasional packet, it is even listed on your protocol sheet as such.....Man I don't understand some coaches...GRRRRR....don't freak out...Trust me you are fine....and if she is UPSET with you then she is NOT a good coach, 1- for not being there to advise you on your food and 2 for being upset with you when you are just starting. DON'T let her/him get to you....YOU ARE DOING GREAT!
  • Stew IP
    I haven't seen the stew available in my area? Is it phased out? I heard of the new "mashed potatoes" and saw someone post about a stew...I live in Northern NJ.
  • Quote: Breakfast
    1 IP packet
    plus one group choice ( will list groups below)
    plus coffee/tea with 1 oz skim milk
    sweetener allowed

lunch
    1 IP packet
    plus 1 group choice
    plus
    2 cups select veggies and unlimited lettuce

dinner

7 oz fish or 5 oz meat from select choice
    plus 1 group choice
    plus 2 cups select veggies

snack

1 IP packet

Compulsory

64 oz water

1-2 teaspoon olive or grape seed oil

regular IP supplements

IMPORTANT: only one choice from each GROUP is permitted per day. ALL THREE GROUPS MUST be consumed per day.

GROUP 1

2 slices toast ( whole grain, pumpernickel, rye, multigrain,sourdough, stone ground whole wheat, oat bran, sprouted grain)
    150 grams whole wheat pasta
    150 grams brown rice ( not instant)
    1 sweet potato, or small boiled potato
    60 grams oatmeal ( non instant)
    150 gram - 200 grams couscous
    50 grams unsweetened cereal (bran, oat, whole grain or barley)
    150 grams cooked legumes (chick peas, lentils, green peas, kidney beans)
    150 gram corn

Group 2

fresh fruit ( example: 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 2 kiwis, 150 g pineapple, 1 banana,200 g strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries.
    fruit is allowed, but optional, and must not be replaced with another food group.

group 3

1 sugar free yogurt
    1 - 60 oz glass milk (2% M.F or less)
    30 gram cheese (about 20% M.F)
    120 g cottage cheese
    60 g feta cheese

Meat, veggie, seasoning choices are the same as regular phase 1.
    wait wait...this is phase one??? were allowed bread?? I have never heard of this....are you sure?
  • Quote: wait wait...this is phase one??? were allowed bread?? I have never heard of this....are you sure?
    No, that is the adjusted protocol for diabetics I believe. Check in the attachments that have been posted, there you will find the actual phase 1 sheets.