Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'3

can someone please help me I have been on Ip for 2days and I was an extreme exerciser before.I was told not exercise now and I am having a really hard time with that. Did anyone exercise/lift weights and still lose weight.Help i am so confused.It goes against everything I know.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #137  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurnot View Post
can someone please help me I have been on Ip for 2days and I was an extreme exerciser before.I was told not exercise now and I am having a really hard time with that. Did anyone exercise/lift weights and still lose weight.Help i am so confused.It goes against everything I know.
If you exercised a lot before it's okay to continue now. Just keep in mind that your body isn't getting all the carbs it's used to, so you won't have as much energy and it's not great for your body to wear it out. Lots of the ladies...and gents...still exercise on the program. Talk to your coach about doing 4 or 5 packs a day instead of the 3 if ou know you're going to be working out a lot. And just try not to do anything too strenuous
Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 187/147/145

Height: 5'7

Have you guys found any vitamins/supplements comparable to the IP ones? I'm getting low on my IP vitamins and supplements and can't see myself spending an exorbitant amount of money on something I can get cheaper at Walmart or gnc. I'm going to start my search today any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #139  

Does anybody know the total (approx.) grams of protein that are allowed on IP?..

I was reading an article on Livestrong.com, & they recommended "To keep your metabolism stoked, eat at at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight." WOW!.. that seems like a lot, especially in my case!.. I doubt I even come close...

hugs
Old 07-09-2010, 12:30 AM   #140  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurnot View Post
Several people have been very successful with exercise and this program. The best example in my mind was Chaplains Wifey. She lost 100 pounds in under 6 months. She followed the plan but, added 3-4 miles of walking 5 to 6x per week. The goal in exercise is mostly to stay in a lower heart rate zone. Don't push yourself to a 75 or 80% max heart rate and you should be ok. Just make sure you aren't losing muscle.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:43 AM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Does anybody know the total (approx.) grams of protein that are allowed on IP?..

I was reading an article on Livestrong.com, & they recommended "To keep your metabolism stoked, eat at at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight." WOW!.. that seems like a lot, especially in my case!.. I doubt I even come close...

hugs
This will vary but your packets (3x per day at 18 -20 grams each) are roughly 58 grams. IF YOU EAT THE IP SOY NUTS OR PUFFS... there may be more protein than in other packets.. I do not have that information available.

Add in your meat portion which can change based on variety and ounces (chicken or beef is roughly 7 grams per ounce so, 35 grams fish varies but as example tuna is 49g in 7ounces) so on a chicken dinner day you might have 93g or a tuna dinner day 107g.

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/protein.html

Then you have to consider that our veggies have protein too. 100g of asaparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower will add 3g each. Mushroom in the same quantity adds 2grams. So, if those were your 4 cups of veggies ( it may actually be a little more than 4 cups) then you added 11g more.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/protein-vegetable.htm

If choose to eat the SOYA (soy bean) vegetable option on our food guideline sheet for phase 1 you would add more protein. If eating cooked canned soy beans 1/2c is 13g of protein, black soy beans (mature beans) are 9g per 1/2c, and green soy beans are 7g per cup.

This example is roughly 104g to 118g without soy beans. If you were to substitute just 1/2 of one vegetable serving with 1/2cup of black soy beans you would have 112g to 126g of protein per day. That is all before adding any of your salad elements.

http://www.soyfoods.com/SampleDay.html

Without eating a cup or more a day of soybeans, I am not sure we could get a great deal more that those levels considering we aren't adding nuts, dairy, beans/legumes, or grains. And, as with the nuts, dairy, beans/legumes and grains when we add soy beans we need to be aware of the extra carbs we are adding.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 07-09-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #142  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
This will vary but your packets (3x per day at 18 -20 grams each) are roughly 58 grams.

Add in your meat portion which can change based on variety and ounces (chicken or beef is roughly 7 grams per ounce so, 35 grams fish varies but as example tuna is 49g in 7ounces) so on a chicken dinner day you might have 93g or a tuna dinner day 107g.

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/protein.html

Then you have to consider that our veggies have protein too. 100g of asaparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower will add 3g each. Mushroom in the same quantity adds 2grams. So, if those were your 4 cups of veggies ( it may actually be a little more than 4 cups) then you added 11g more.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/protein-vegetable.htm

This example is roughly 104g to 118g before adding any of your salad elements.

I am not sure we could get more that that level considering we aren't adding nuts, dairy, beans/legumes, or grains.
This is a really great post. Is there any way to cross index it to the newcomers thread?
Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 AM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
This is a really great post. Is there any way to cross index it to the newcomers thread?
I can try. Did you think it should be with tips for newbies?

I do need to edit it. I realized, we are allowed the soya (soy bean) as a vegetable. It is a large boost to our protein value. The only issue is, unless eating black soy beans, you get a significant amount of carbs and not all are fiber. Black soy beans do add carbs but all but 1g per 1/2 is from fiber.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:09 AM   #144  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I can try. Did you think it should be with tips for newbies?

I do need to edit it. I realized, we are allowed the soya (soy bean) as a vegetable. It is a large boost to our protein value. The only issue is, unless eating black soy beans, you get a significant amount of carbs and not all are fiber. Black soy beans do add carbs but all but 1g per 1/2 is from fiber.
That sounds right. And including the black soy beans would be good. Thanks.

I kind of wish advice for newbies were a sticky so it would pop out when someone first finds the site.

Last edited by Linden; 07-09-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #145  

Quote:
This will vary ...

Without eating a cup or more a day of soybeans, I am not sure we could get a great deal more that those levels considering we aren't adding nuts, dairy, beans/legumes, or grains. And, as with the nuts, dairy, beans/legumes and grains when we add soy beans we need to be aware of the extra carbs we are adding.
Wow! Carla, you really know your stuff!.. thanks for such a thorough answer...

hugs
Old 07-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #146  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I kind of wish advice for newbies were a sticky so it would pop out when someone first finds the site.
Your wish is my command

Just an FYI to everyone regarding stickies....if there is regular chit chat being posted on a sticky, the thread will be closed after 500 posts...and there are only so many stickies we can have. Posting to much regular chat in a sticky gets frustrating for new people (and us oldies) to have to wade thru that many posts looking for an answer to question.

So my advice is to remind folks not to clutter them up with things that could be posted on the daily / weekly thread. Even so much as a simple thank you counts as a post.

This is a great board, you ladies ROCK!!

Last edited by Leenie; 07-10-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #147  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Your wish is my command
Super.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #148  

Default hair loss and other complications from IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
Has anyone experienced this side effect??
HI,

Myself and several others were on the IP program and here are the health problems that occurred while on it:
1. Kidney Stones
2. Elevated Liver Enzymes (even for people who had completed the diet)
3. Diverticulitis (due to constipation even though guidelines were followed)
4. Hair loss
5. Intestinal issues due to splenda

I am not saying the diet "caused" these things, just commenting on what health problems occured while people were on the diet
Old 07-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #149  

Default sensitivity to artificial sweeteners

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
I started the IP diet today, for breakfast I had the plain cereal, lunch mushroom soup and salad (no dressing) and afternoon break the cappaccino drink. I've been told to have 4 proteins a day to start. I've always been very sensitive to food additives, artificial sweeteners, colourings and food dyes. One piece of sugar-free gum and I feel like my skin is crawling. 5 minutes after the cereal I felt the same feeling and with it comes an anxious feeling, sometimes a headache or mild chest discomfort. I have NO health problems and these symptoms I only have when eating or drinking diet products ie gum, diet pops, popsicles, candy etc. Although the soup left a bad after taste, I liked the taste. With the cappaccino I had the same feeling that I had after eating the cereal this morning. I'm really hoping this diet will work for me and I know a few ladies that have had great success with it. I'm normally good at sticking to a diet and have no problems getting through the first few days...my problem has always been after I lose 20 pounds I fall back into old eating habits. I'm hoping with the support of the IP ladies I won't follow that trend this time and make this a life changing diet. HOWEVER, I'm concerned that maybe some of the ingredients in their products are not agreeing with me and wonder if my body will adjust. The cereal and cappaccino I've had today, both had only 10 mg/packet of sucralose where most of the sweetened products have upwards of 30 and I saw one that had 88 mg/packet. Has anyone experienced this? I'm going home from work to have fresh veggies and the spaghetti bolognese and tomorrow I'm trying something new. I do hope that my body adjusts to the diet products and I lose these creepy sy mptoms lol. Thanks for listening and great forum 3 Fat Chicks!! I hope I have all good posts from today forward!! x0
I too have a sensitivity to artificial sweeteners and was told that there wasn't enough splenda in the product to be a problem. At first it wasn't, but back to having the same problems as before... stomach upset, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain and now vomiting blood again.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #150  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

I am also sensitive to splenda and also need to stay gluten free. On the nutritional chart does anyone know off hand if the x means it is or is not gluten free. Does the x mean it does or does not have sucralose?
Closed Thread