Ideal Protein Diet - FAQ

You're on Page 7 of 38
Go to
  • I started 4 days ago ... My biggest problem is the nausea since day 1 ... Any suggestion to stop it ?
  • Quote: I started 4 days ago ... My biggest problem is the nausea since day 1 ... Any suggestion to stop it ?

MORE water! Ketones have that effect on some people, especially when you have a lot of them. Diluting them helps some people feel better.

You can also space your food out a little more during the day which keeps you feeling a bit more full so, less nauseous.

Have you asked your coach what they suggest?
  • Quote: Betsy, I've started to order everything online from here: http://www.aimtobehealthy.com/catalo...%20supplements as I'm tired of having to rush out of work to drive 40 mins to the doc who has these in my area. You may also order from www.matol.com. People have posted all the information you need here under FAQs and also under Phases for you to refer to. Hopefully that helps you!
    Aren't these products much more exppensive than what your coach offers? I heard from coaches each packet is $4 but I clicked on these links and some of the prices are way higher.
  • My start-up fees were $540 (reg price $640 but they deducted $100 because I signed up on the same day as the intro seminar).

it included the following:

2.5 weeks worth of packs
    1 mini-salt shaker
    1 wisk bottle shaker
    1 multivitamin
    1 Pot/Cal
    1 Cal-Mag
    1 Daily Journal Log
    1 bag
    and 6 months worth of once/week coaching

seems like this is more expensive!!
  • I posted this on the IP chat for this week but didn't receive a response. I'll try here now. I'm on week 5 of Ideal Protein and have been stalled @ 119lbs for the last two weeks. I did cheat last week Sunday, but shouldn't my body have rebounded from that by now? Also my coach said I could start working out now. I was thinking about doing 20 minutes on the elliptical/day. Is that too much or not enough? What about if I incorporate free weights in my regimen? Suggestions anyone??
  • Quote: My start-up fees were $540 (reg price $640 but they deducted $100 because I signed up on the same day as the intro seminar).

it included the following:

2.5 weeks worth of packs
    1 mini-salt shaker
    1 wisk bottle shaker
    1 multivitamin
    1 Pot/Cal
    1 Cal-Mag
    1 Daily Journal Log
    1 bag
    and 6 months worth of once/week coaching

seems like this is more expensive!!
    Wow! My start up fee was $250 but only included 1 week of food along with all the other things on your list.
  • Quote: Wow! My start up fee was $250 but only included 1 week of food along with all the other things on your list.
    Because my husband and I signed up together, we paid $180 ea.
    Included all the same with the one weeks worth of packets ea.
  • Quote: Because my husband and I signed up together, we paid $180 ea.
    Included all the same with the one weeks worth of packets ea.
    I paid $75 for my "fee" and each week the packets are about $88. But my clinic does a class/meeting once a month and newbies can sign up with no consult fee then. My husband was going to do it, but he doesn't eat veggies at all (no lettuce, and only radishes and pickles off the veggie list).
  • IP Sea Salt
    I've been on IP for a little over a week and I'm leaving to go apartment hunting in DC and will not have another weigh in for two weeks. I am afraid I'm going to run out of the IP sea salt. Can I use store bought sea salt and not jeopardize my weight loss?
  • Makita! Hi, and Welcome!!!! You look like you have had a GREAT first week. You likely won't run out of sea salt if you are sticking to the 1/2tsp a day, but if you do, you can buy it from any store that sells sea salt. Just make sure that the sea salt you buy is NOT only white. You want it to have color. That way you know that all the minerals you need have not been washed out of it. Most health food stores will carry it, and be able to guide you to the right ones if you need a little help I was able to find the actual stuff that IP sells to us, for a fraction of the cost.
    Good luck with your apartment hunting!!!
  • Quote: I've been on IP for a little over a week and I'm leaving to go apartment hunting in DC and will not have another weigh in for two weeks. I am afraid I'm going to run out of the IP sea salt. Can I use store bought sea salt and not jeopardize my weight loss?
    My local grocery stores carry the same stuff I can get from my coach, but in much larger quantities for a lot less. You'll note that the stuff you get from your center is Redmond Sea Salt, that comes from Redmond, Utah. As I live in Utah, it might be that I have better access to it because it's a local product. In fact, Redmond offers a full line of products here, including garlic and onion salt -- all made with the natural salt.

I bought a big bag, and grabbed a couple of cheap shakers at the dollar store. I keep one at home, one at work, one at my parents' house, and one in the car. Might be worth looking into. Their website is realsalt.com
  • So, I know we aren't supposed to have cooked onions, because they caramelize.

But there is a difference in a grilled onion and a caramelized onion. So my question is, can we have grilled onions? Or onions that have been heated but haven't reached caramelization?
  • Quote: So, I know we aren't supposed to have cooked onions, because they caramelize.

But there is a difference in a grilled onion and a caramelized onion. So my question is, can we have grilled onions? Or onions that have been heated but haven't reached caramelization?
    these days I cook them until they are soft and take them off the stove, I usually add them back in whatever I am cooking after. If am making burgers, I just add them in from the begining because they end up not caramelizing and just cooking.
  • Quote: these days I cook them until they are soft and take them off the stove, I usually add them back in whatever I am cooking after. If am making burgers, I just add them in from the begining because they end up not caramelizing and just cooking.
    Thanks girl! Also, I was seeing your post about some alcohol, and something I've done for a while is make a sugar free mixed drink.

I use Crystal Light Lemonade mix, not the packs, but the mix for 2 quarts. Mix it with 2 quarts soda water, and 1-2 cherry sugar free kool aid packs (3 calories 0 sugar 0 carbs per pack) depending on how much alcohol you want to taste. I usually pour some into a 12 oz. glass, then add 1-2 oz. of Absolut vodka to it (68 cal 0 sugar 0 carbs per oz.).

Depending on how many shots you use you're looking at virtually no sugar, no carbs, and 69-140 calories per glass.
  • Quote: Thanks girl! Also, I was seeing your post about some alcohol, and something I've done for a while is make a sugar free mixed drink.

I use Crystal Light Lemonade mix, not the packs, but the mix for 2 quarts. Mix it with 2 quarts soda water, and 1-2 cherry sugar free kool aid packs (3 calories 0 sugar 0 carbs per pack) depending on how much alcohol you want to taste. I usually pour some into a 12 oz. glass, then add 1-2 oz. of Absolut vodka to it (68 cal 0 sugar 0 carbs per oz.).

Depending on how many shots you use you're looking at virtually no sugar, no carbs, and 69-140 calories per glass.
    too funny. before you were here, Erin and I had a big talk about this. YES, V & soda water is my favorite. V has to be straight with no flavouring, as in mandrin absolut etc. My problem or lack there of I guess is that I do NOT like my Alchy drinks sweet at all. ONLY problem is red wine. I drink because I love the taste but come to think of it I like pasta too and have been able to give that up.