Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
TMI Question! I do apologize.

I have been having *ahem* loose stool for days now. It started on Saturday but happened every once in awhile last week after I started the diet. I don't eat any extra greens, just the 4 cups of veggies a day and I am wondering why this is happening. I assumed my body must be getting used to the diet but I am getting rather sick of it now. Is it all the water? Should I add some "ruffage"? Has anyone experienced this? Please tell me it gets better!

Any help is appreciated.
Are you perhaps sensetive to the splenda?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

I have never had any problems with splenda before. I was a frequent drinker of sugar-free syrup in my coffee and it never seemed to cause any problems for me.

I think I will try some L-Glutamine, which is a supplement recommended for IBS sufferers to help rid them of diarrhea. But I am not sure if it is allowed. Can I take a vitamin that is not on the program?

It says:
Does Not Contain:
Yeast, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Salt, Soy, Starch, Dairy, Citrus, Fish, Preservatives, Artificial Colors or Flavors Added.

While the ingredients are:
Gelatin, microcrystalline cellulose, water, magnesium stearate.

From the sound of it, it seems like it would be fine. Any input?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

so I"m really addicted to cream and sugar in my coffee and also love my coffee. I also am loving my vanilla shakes in my coffee and have been able to drink my coffee the way I like it! my question is: how can I replace the vanilla shakes in my coffee for when I am no longer on IP i dont want to go back to my double doubles (cream and sugar) but still want to enjoy coffee the way i like it?????
Old 02-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

[QUOTE=Lalison;3688923]I have never had any problems with splenda before. I was a frequent drinker of sugar-free syrup in my coffee and it never seemed to cause any problems for me.

Hi

I have been on IP since September and did not have any problems ..before Christmas I started have big D once a while and over month ago almost after every ready meals... Finally it was so bad that I almost ended to the hospital because dehydration even that I drank a lot of water. I left all shakes and everything (even Walden Farms has splenda = sucralose) that included splenda, sucralose and after two days I'm ok.. I started eat real low fat food an do it Ip way and no any sweeteners and so far it seems that I'm losing weight again.
Be aware, I came so super sensitive so sudden..try to leave it away for a while so you know if that is the problem..At first i taught it is Whey protein...I want to try soups after few days but now I need to heal my self

Last edited by bulleriina; 02-02-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #500  

[QUOTE=bulleriina;3689685]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
I have never had any problems with splenda before. I was a frequent drinker of sugar-free syrup in my coffee and it never seemed to cause any problems for me.

Hi

I have been on IP since September and did not have any problems ..before Christmas I started have big D once a while and over month ago almost after every ready meals... Finally it was so bad that I almost ended to the hospital because dehydration even that I drank a lot of water. I left all shakes and everything (even Walden Farms has splenda = sucralose) that included splenda, sucralose and after two days I'm ok.. I started eat real low fat food an do it Ip way and no any sweeteners and so far it seems that I'm losing weight again.
Be aware, I came so super sensitive so sudden..try to leave it away for a while so you know if that is the problem..At first i taught it is Whey protein...I want to try soups after few days but now I need to heal my self
IP has been changing some of the formulas. I wonder if it is the new packets that caused your issue? Maybe you got some of the new packets in December?
Old 02-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 228/174/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Thank you for the IP Forms

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
I had this listed in a different thread, but was asked if I could post them here. This should help those that are doing the program on their own without a coach.
These are very helpful!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 151/136.6/125

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Default Stevia

I wanted to purchase some Stevia in the grocery store today, but the brands I THOUGHT were ok had Dextrose along with Stevia in the ingredients list--is that ok, and also I was following the sheet my coach gave me that says no restricted foods in first couple of weeks, but have seen comments on here saying that we should have one a day (I'm only on day 4 and have lost 3.6 lbs.
thanks for the help
Old 02-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #503  

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly30 View Post
I wanted to purchase some Stevia in the grocery store today, but the brands I THOUGHT were ok had Dextrose along with Stevia in the ingredients list--is that ok, and also I was following the sheet my coach gave me that says no restricted foods in first couple of weeks, but have seen comments on here saying that we should have one a day (I'm only on day 4 and have lost 3.6 lbs.
thanks for the help
Try the health food section of your grocery store for stevia only.
AND there is a difference between coaches and new protocol out. Restricted add more carbs. So (IMHO) restricted at the beginning or waiting really is a personal choice. again just my opinion.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #504  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly30 View Post
thanks for the help
I am going into week 3 and I have not been allowed any restricted yet either. It depends greatly on your coach.. What I've been told by MANY member here, trust the diet, it works..
Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #505  
Lynn

S/C/G: 218/186/160

Height: 5'8"

I asked my coach today about the restricted deal. She allowed one per day from the beginning. I asked her about having days with no R and she said IP has found the average weight loss is not affected either way and that people tend to do better in maintenance if they allow R's. I see what she's saying and it makes sense. She said not only is maintenance more successful but that they found the average weight loss really isn't affected by NOT having R's from the beginning.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #506  

Thumbs up Ok

Thanks for the info! My coach didn't say not to have the restricted foods, I just read it on the sheet and want to get the most bang for my buck--it's day 6 and I'm down 5 lbs., woo hoo!! I think I'm going to start adding a restricted, just for more variety. Thanks again!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #507  

Question IP Online Body Diary

Hi--my coach said to used the Body Diary on the IP website but I don't have a password. Does anyone else use that tool? And did your coach provide you with a password?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:45 PM   #508  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 178.8/165.4/145.0

Height: 5'9"

Is there better success sticking w IP foods that have lower carbs?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #509  

S/C/G: 174/165/135

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigtan View Post
Is there better success sticking w IP foods that have lower carbs?
My coach said yes, she actually said its especially importent to stay away from restricted items if only you have 20-30 pounds to lose. The alternative to staying away from restricted items was to start some sort of exercise 30-40 minutes a day to burn off the extra calories. Also she said do your restricted item daily in the morning, that way your day to day walking, etc will burn it off too.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:49 AM   #510  

S/C/G: 174/165/135

Height: 5'7

Default IP Diet Tweaking?

Hi,
I started the IP diet through a local coach Jan 31st, did great and lost 4.8 pounds the first week and close to that the second. Only problem is all the soy based packets (Soy is super high in estrogen and estrogen like compounds) messed with my birth control. So did the need for a daily laxative no matter how much lettuce I had. So off the diet I went due to health concerns. So new plan. I am keeping with the concepts of the diet, the no no lists and all that with one exception. I also replaced all the soy protein you get from IP with Whey protein. My daily menu is below. Let me know what you think and if anything like this worked for anyone else? Thanks a lot!!!

Breakfast:-One Yo-Toddler organic yogurt at: 110 Calories, 16 g carbs, 4 g protein, 14 g sugar. http://www.stonyfield.com/yobaby/yot...ana_/index.jsp

(I choose yo-toddler because it is low is calories, and most of our IP packets had some dairy in them. My understanding is that we could not have any more daily than what was in the packets so I hope this is close.)

Lunch:
-Natures Way Metabolic Reset Chocolate Shake at: 130 Calories, 13 carbs, 1 g sugar and 21 g protein. With the two scoops as directed but I am going to do a scoop and a half which will put me at 98 calories, ect.)
http://www.naturesway.com/Products/D...Chocolate.aspx
-Two cups of select, low carb veggies like pickles.

Supper:
-5 oz select meat or 7 oz select sea food.
-2 cups lettuce.
-2 cups select veggies.
-WF Bacon Ranch dressing, or honey dijon salad spritzer.

Snack:- 1 med size grapefruit at: 74 calories, 1.45 g protein, and 18.4 carbs.

I'll probably add miracle noodles to a couple suppers eventually but that is like lettuce and will not count towards my daily intake.

So that's the plan, thoughts or comments? Thanks! Ash.
Closed Thread