Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #421  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Is there a website I can use to find an IP center in my area? I have been to lots of IP sites but havent been able to find one with a link to locate a center or a doctore near me
go to www.idealtogo.com .. its like an online clinic, with a 'virtual' coach and you can buy all the products online!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

I sent my friend to www.idealtogo.com and it will not come up, wonder what's up with that?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 207/184/160

Height: 5'8

Default sea salt

Good morning,
Is the tsp. of sea salt that my coach told me to use daily the maximum amt I am supposed to use? I am kind of a salt addict and have been adding more than that throughout the day.

Thanks,
Linda
Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #424  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
Good morning,
Is the tsp. of sea salt that my coach told me to use daily the maximum amt I am supposed to use? I a, of sodiumm kind of a salt addict and have been adding more than that throughout the day.

Thanks,
Linda
You should have been told 2 teaspoons, 9mg, of sodium. You are already getting salt in your packets. Look at the chicken soup!! And salt addicts retain a lot of fluid and tend to have high blood pressure. Does that apply to you?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #425  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I sent my friend to www.idealtogo.com and it will not come up, wonder what's up with that?
It came up for me -- when I clicked on it in your post. Maybe a second try?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #426  

Default sea salt

I wish I knew how to repost someones post, but this is for Linden.... No I was definitely told to start out with 1/2 tsp daily. My blood pressure runs very low, so when I went in last week my coach told to to increase to a tsp. because my pressure was dropping even lower.

So you are saying you were given different instruction for salt? Weird, I have seen so many conflicting things on this forum. Wonder why the IP coaches all differ?

Thanks,
Linda
Old 01-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #427  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
I wish I knew how to repost someones post, but this is for Linden.... No I was definitely told to start out with 1/2 tsp daily. My blood pressure runs very low, so when I went in last week my coach told to to increase to a tsp. because my pressure was dropping even lower.

So you are saying you were given different instruction for salt? Weird, I have seen so many conflicting things on this forum. Wonder why the IP coaches all differ?

Thanks,
Linda
Linda, my abject apologies. I was confusing salt with oil. No excuse except because of back pain last night I couldn't sleep much which is why I answered you at 5 something am.

TO quote, go to the bottom right of the post and click on quote (it's kind of faint). You can also erase text in a quote, after quoting, if it's not pertinent. I'm glad one of us is on her toes.

N.B. I also have quite low normal blood pressure, 108/65, and use fleur de sel or pink Hawaiian sea salt -- much better tasting and higher quality than what IP dispenses; and grind it fresh.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #428  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

How am I going to know I am in Ketosis???
Old 01-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #429  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Some folks get bad breath, some get a metallic taste in their mouth. You could buy ketostix and check that way. If you stay stay on the diet you will get into ketosis. It's inevitable at 30g of carbs a day.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #430  

Default ketosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
I felt like I was having an adrenaline rush when I entered ketosis. Now my lips tingle sometimes. Weird huh!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #431  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Linda, my abject apologies. I was confusing salt with oil. No excuse except because of back pain last night I couldn't sleep much which is why I answered you at 5 something am.

TO quote, go to the bottom right of the post and click on quote (it's kind of faint). You can also erase text in a quote, after quoting, if it's not pertinent. I'm glad one of us is on her toes.

N.B. I also have quite low normal blood pressure, 108/65, and use fleur de sel or pink Hawaiian sea salt -- much better tasting and higher quality than what IP dispenses; and grind it fresh.
No apology required! lol
Old 01-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #432  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
No, definitely not. Think about the carbs in chick peas and tahini, not to mention the fact that garlic is high in carbs for it's size; and then there's the oil.

Please go to the 2 recipe stickies.
hi linden. should i not be using garlic because of the carbs? it is on the list of ok'd seasonings, so i have been using it in pretty much every lunch and dinner. i have a jar of minced garlic and i use .25 tsp per meal. the jar says that 1 tsp = 1 clove of garlic, so .25 tsp isn't much at all, but i want to make sure that it is not sabotaging my progress.

let me know!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #433  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
hi linden. should i not be using garlic because of the carbs? it is on the list of ok'd seasonings, so i have been using it in pretty much every lunch and dinner. i have a jar of minced garlic and i use .25 tsp per meal. the jar says that 1 tsp = 1 clove of garlic, so .25 tsp isn't much at all, but i want to make sure that it is not sabotaging my progress.

let me know!
Golly, I didn't mean to scare you. One clove is 1 gr of carbs. It's when you said "lots" that it threw up a red flag. This is the second time I've apologized this morning. Scheeze. No more pain killers for this lady. I wrenched my back lifting the corner of the grand piano so the cleaning lady could slip out the rug and sweep under it. But I've done this at least 50 times. No swift kicks, please, but feel free to tell me to act my age.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #434  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Default garlic carbs

Quote:
Golly, I didn't mean to scare you. One clove is 1 gr of carbs. It's when you said "lots" that it threw up a red flag. This is the second time I've apologized this morning. Scheeze. No more pain killers for this lady. I wrenched my back lifting the corner of the grand piano so the cleaning lady could slip out the rug and sweep under it. But I've done this at least 50 times. No swift kicks, please, but feel free to tell me to act my age.
good to know the carb count in garlic -- i'll make sure to not overuse and add unneeded carbs. thanks for the reply!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #435  

Quote:
No, definitely not. Think about the carbs in chick peas and tahini, not to mention the fact that garlic is high in carbs for it's size; and then there's the oil.

Please go to the 2 recipe stickies.

Thank you.
Closed Thread