Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Nutritional Information on Fish/Seafood
Attached Files
File Type: doc Seafood.doc (117.0 KB, 613 views)
Old 01-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Is there a website I can use to find an IP center in my area? I have been to lots of IP sites but havent been able to find one with a link to locate a center or a doctore near me
Old 01-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #18  

BestyAnn, I haven't found anything. Perhaps try "Contact Us" on idealprotein.com??
Old 01-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
BestyAnn, I haven't found anything. Perhaps try "Contact Us" on idealprotein.com??
thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #20  

where do you order your IP food supplements from? I am trying to find a dr or center near me and not having any luck.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #21  

Betsy, I've started to order everything online from here: http://www.aimtobehealthy.com/catalo...%20supplements as I'm tired of having to rush out of work to drive 40 mins to the doc who has these in my area. You may also order from www.matol.com. People have posted all the information you need here under FAQs and also under Phases for you to refer to. Hopefully that helps you!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #22  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
on your weight loss.

I've been taking Omega 3 for about a year now for depression....so hopefully I have a good omega store!!

Please let me know if you notice it start to work.

Is the hair loss extream?
Hey, Ogdog.

I never heard of taking O3 for depression. Do you feel a difference?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #23  

Echobaby, not a clue on the O3 for depression. I would think you have to take a considerable amount. I've been eating fish a lot now that on the diet....not sure if that is enough O3 to affect bipolar depression...I'm not depessed....maybe...

"The 1999 Harvard pilot study that started it all was conducted on 30 patients with bipolar disorder, generally in stable condition but with a history of relapses (all had experienced bipolar episodes over the past year). All but eight of the subjects were on medications, which were left unchanged. Half the subjects were given 9.6 grams of fish oil capsules, the other half received olive oil.

Andrew Stoll MD, who conducted the study, admits the olive oil, which did not have a fishy taste, was not a perfect placebo. In one case, a person's cat actually attacked the fish oil capsules. But, as he jokingly confessed in a session at the 2000 DBSA annual conference, "you want a flawed study. That way, you get money to do another study."

The trial was supposed to go on for nine months, but was stopped after four due to its outstanding results, with the omega-3 group staying in remission significantly longer than the placebo patients. By two months, half of the placebo group had dropped out compared to two in the fish oil group. The omega-3 group actually did less well in lowering their mania scores than those taking placebos, but fared much better getting their depression down. Some patients experienced nausea, diarrhea, and fishy aftertaste, not surprising considering the high doses."

Last edited by Ogdog13; 01-07-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #24  

Carbs in Veggies
Attached Files
File Type: doc VegCarbs.doc (109.5 KB, 1123 views)
Old 01-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #25  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Hey, Ogdog.

I never heard of taking O3 for depression. Do you feel a difference?
Hey Princass and Ogdog..I got you 2 confused somehow. So Princass, the question above is for you.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #26  

Echobaby, thanks for the goof! I read up on it and have decided (reminder that I'm bipolar and really have problems with the depression part) to order flax oil capsules to add more to my diet!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #27  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Hey Princass and Ogdog..I got you 2 confused somehow. So Princass, the question above is for you.

I started taking them pre/post-pregnancy, so for about 1 yr now. I really notice if I don't take them because I start to feel very emotional.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Default Artificial Sweeteners

I started the IP diet today, for breakfast I had the plain cereal, lunch mushroom soup and salad (no dressing) and afternoon break the cappaccino drink. I've been told to have 4 proteins a day to start. I've always been very sensitive to food additives, artificial sweeteners, colourings and food dyes. One piece of sugar-free gum and I feel like my skin is crawling. 5 minutes after the cereal I felt the same feeling and with it comes an anxious feeling, sometimes a headache or mild chest discomfort. I have NO health problems and these symptoms I only have when eating or drinking diet products ie gum, diet pops, popsicles, candy etc. Although the soup left a bad after taste, I liked the taste. With the cappaccino I had the same feeling that I had after eating the cereal this morning. I'm really hoping this diet will work for me and I know a few ladies that have had great success with it. I'm normally good at sticking to a diet and have no problems getting through the first few days...my problem has always been after I lose 20 pounds I fall back into old eating habits. I'm hoping with the support of the IP ladies I won't follow that trend this time and make this a life changing diet. HOWEVER, I'm concerned that maybe some of the ingredients in their products are not agreeing with me and wonder if my body will adjust. The cereal and cappaccino I've had today, both had only 10 mg/packet of sucralose where most of the sweetened products have upwards of 30 and I saw one that had 88 mg/packet. Has anyone experienced this? I'm going home from work to have fresh veggies and the spaghetti bolognese and tomorrow I'm trying something new. I do hope that my body adjusts to the diet products and I lose these creepy sy mptoms lol. Thanks for listening and great forum 3 Fat Chicks!! I hope I have all good posts from today forward!! x0
Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

I started the IP diet today and I was told to take 4 protein packs a day instead of 3. Has anyone else been told to do this before?
Also, the paperwork I was given says that I can have only 1 of the IP envelopes per day of all bars, soy puffs, chili, oatmeal, pancakes etc. Does this mean I can't have 2 bars in one day or I can't have a bar and soy puffs in the same day? Also Hearty Stew and Spaghetti are premitted two times per week. Does this mean I can have 2 stews and 2 spaghetti's per week or only 1 of each per week. I feel stupid that I can interpret this and that I didn't ask when I was there.
I was given a starter pack that included 35 protein packs of almost every product. Next week when I go back, can I purchase what I want ie, one box of puffs or do I have to buy pre-made packages put together by them? If I wanted to go in one day and just buy a box or two of something I've run out of, can I do that or do you have to purchase a full package (I think $27)
Also, is tea and coffee unlimited if it's black and not sweetened?
If someone knows the answers....I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks a bunch.
Trish

Last edited by skittlescda; 01-25-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #30  
Diet Noob

S/C/G: 232/221/182

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Trish!
Let me see if i can help clarify some stuff for you!

My diet consultant told me that when I first start the diet, I can eat 4 packets a day to help me adjust to eating less food. It might be a similar situation with your case!

The 1 per day for bars, puffs, chili, etc. means that on any given day you can only eat 1 from all of those groups combined. In other words, don't eat 2 bars, or a bar and soy puffs, or any other combination of those items on the same day.

The 2 per week max applies ONLY to spaghetti. It's another one of the once a day limits from above, but you could only eat it two different days out of a week MAX. This has something to do with the contents/ingredients.

I would imagine that your diet consultant would allow you to make exchanges and purchase individual servings of products (I know that mine does). But it never hurts to ask them!

I cannot help with the coffee/tea information (sorry!).

I hope this helps you out!
Chris
Closed Thread