Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #241  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judon View Post
Carla - just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your time and efforts in responding to questions and offering information.

You are so articulate, concise and precise, I find myself copying and pasting your posts to a booklet I'm compiling on IPD to have as a reference.

By my rough calculations I'll be on Phase 1 for 7 to 8 months and plan to be well-informed and pumped for the duration. You are a huge help and I want to thank you.

And thank you to all those (like Jordana) who contribute - I too new to remember other's names but my gratitude goes out over the ethers!

Judy

Thank you! I appreciate your compliment and am very glad I am able to share something of benefit to you.

I really enjoy sharing with everyone on these boards. It really helps me too!

Regarding your goals, 8 months is not a long time. It is a great amount of time to learn and retrain your food and thought process. Stay to the plan, don't waiver or cheat (I know you can but, why?? it really doesn't benefit you.). Also, don't plan to have a "drop dead DONE date". I found that for me, when I got to that date and had not made the goals.. it was discouraging. Set goals that are date related. YOU WILL GET THERE.. It doesn't matter how long it takes or what that date is. Focus on what it takes to get there and not the when. Just my advice based on my experience for me.. so very individual but, if you think like me, it might be a bit deflating if you slow down around month 5 or 6 and that great date you picked slips by and you begin to think "why am I putting in this much effort for so little?".. The answer by the way is because it is working and you don't know that the grass will be greener somewhere else.

Best wishes and great focus as you enjoy the IP program!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
So here I am.. from South Dakota, 26 and weigh in at 248 lbs. I'm starting the Ideal Protein diet as of tomorrow morning. My goal is to reduce my weight to 160 pounds which is right in between my ideal weight for being 5'6. I'm on 3 blood pressure meds and recently was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. So I'm on a med for that as well. My hair is also turning white and I've been losing hair because of my thyroid.
My daughter started IP 10 days ago. Originally her blood pressure ran quite high and she also had to take meds. After only a week on IP her doctor has taken her off the meds as her blood pressure went down to 110/80! She also had severe stomach problems after eating each meal, but has had no problem at all since she started this diet. AND she's lost 8.5 pounds!! I hope you have the same success. My husband and I started in June. He's lost 80 pounds, I've lost almost 40. Hang in there, it is definitely worth it!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju View Post
Total cotton mouth here too - my coach says not to chew gum but I think I'm going to have to get some or my students will all leave!
I teach and also have cotton mouth, often. My doctor/coach said I can have up to 3 pieces of Trident with xylitol each day. It really helps!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #244  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

I have to add something here, I love the program but I also think that it is very costly, most can't afford it and I have known several people because of the economy can not take the money from their families.I enjoy the program but if money gets tight that will be the first to go and it isn't because I don't feel I am worth it, but if it came to me eating or my family, it would be my family. Sorry I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks but I have also spent 400.00 just on product.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #245  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
I have to add something here, I love the program but I also think that it is very costly, most can't afford it and I have known several people because of the economy can not take the money from their families.I enjoy the program but if money gets tight that will be the first to go and it isn't because I don't feel I am worth it, but if it came to me eating or my family, it would be my family. Sorry I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks but I have also spent 400.00 just on product.
Yes, you are right. Many people are making those choices. Others are looking at is as an option alternative to and less costly than bariatric/gastric surgeries. Some are thinking it could help them get off of their perscription meds which are quite costly and in come cases not covered by insurance.

Because of the factors you mention and those above... there is an entire group of people, some on this board who follow the IP approach using alternate products. NOW, granted those people are not "truly" doing IP and the results will be subject to the quality of the products they pick but, MANY have done extremely well.

I would still encourage anyone who is interested in this program and not sure if they can manage the related cost to try to follow the protocol as provided on Dr Tran's website at www.trantiendiet.com. He has layed it out pretty simply using "a portion of protein" instead of just packets.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

Thank you! I appreciate your compliment and am very glad I am able to share something of benefit to you.

I really enjoy sharing with everyone on these boards. It really helps me too!

Regarding your goals, 8 months is not a long time. It is a great amount of time to learn and retrain your food and thought process. Stay to the plan, don't waiver or cheat (I know you can but, why?? it really doesn't benefit you.). Also, don't plan to have a "drop dead DONE date". I found that for me, when I got to that date and had not made the goals.. it was discouraging. Set goals that are date related. YOU WILL GET THERE.. It doesn't matter how long it takes or what that date is. Focus on what it takes to get there and not the when. Just my advice based on my experience for me.. so very individual but, if you think like me, it might be a bit deflating if you slow down around month 5 or 6 and that great date you picked slips by and you begin to think "why am I putting in this much effort for so little?".. The answer by the way is because it is working and you don't know that the grass will be greener somewhere else.

Best wishes and great focus as you enjoy the IP program!
I wanted to say thank you as well to Carla, i'm svelting, and all the others who are so helpful on this site. My coach is great, but relatively new to the program, having just lost about 40 lbs herself. You ladies seems to know more than she does in a lot of cases. Being able to come here each day to read, learn and be inspired is going to get me through this.
This will be my first weekend on IP, but I'm not too worried. I AM going to research some of the recipes this weekend as I'm getting a wee bit tired of chicken breast, broccoli and cauliflower and salad (5 days in a row!). That was easy for me because it was a busy week, but also a little boring. I am trying to get to the point where I just think about food as fuel, and focus my thoughts and energies on other 'more fun' stuff.
I hope everyone has a wonderful IP weekend and keep losing!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:09 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
No, there's no cost for that, but truthfully, I've only been measured the day before I started and two or three weeks after that. I can tell by my clothes what my body's doing, so I don't even see my nurse/coach for measuring. I just stop in to the clinic on Mondays to weigh, purchase packets and turn my food diary in.

P.S. There's no tax on food in Iowa, and IP packets count as food, so it's an even $81 for 21 packets.
I'm in BC and I was wondering when I started if there was a lot of variance in pricing for this program. It seems to be pretty similar from what I have read here.
When I started a week ago it cost me $363 to start. This was my initial weigh-in and two weeks of food. Going forward, I am scheduled to visit my coach every Tuesday evening (best time for me and her) to be weighed and measured and buy my food. For that initial cost she seems to be committed to really be a coach. She has checked in on me twice this week to see how it's going. She's told me the food will be $85 per week going forward (includng tax).
Old 09-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Question:

In phase one I know tomatoes are an occassional item. But I was wondering about your thoughts on salsa. I thought it might be a nice treat (the 2 tbsp serving) I found "Pace" salsa and here are the Nutritional Facts: Calories - 10; Total Fat - 0; Sodium 230 mg; Total Carbs - 2g; Dietary Fiber - 1g; Sugars - 2g; Protein - 0.
What do you think?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #249  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
Question:

In phase one I know tomatoes are an occassional item. But I was wondering about your thoughts on salsa. I thought it might be a nice treat (the 2 tbsp serving) I found "Pace" salsa and here are the Nutritional Facts: Calories - 10; Total Fat - 0; Sodium 230 mg; Total Carbs - 2g; Dietary Fiber - 1g; Sugars - 2g; Protein - 0.
What do you think?
Strictly speaking, salsa, like tomatoes, is an occasional item particularly if the brand mimics the nutritional facts you list above. Just kind of watch it and keep checking all the labels, OK?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #250  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
I'm in BC and I was wondering when I started if there was a lot of variance in pricing for this program. It seems to be pretty similar from what I have read here.
When I started a week ago it cost me $363 to start. This was my initial weigh-in and two weeks of food. Going forward, I am scheduled to visit my coach every Tuesday evening (best time for me and her) to be weighed and measured and buy my food. For that initial cost she seems to be committed to really be a coach. She has checked in on me twice this week to see how it's going. She's told me the food will be $85 per week going forward (includng tax).

This seems very reasonable, particularly because you have such a committed coach (yeah!). A lot of the variation in cost of packets in the states depends on state tax which most people don't take into consideration.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Does anyone know where I can find the nutritional values for all the IP products? And what's the limit on daily carb intake? Is there a suggested carb intake for being on the IP Bootcamp?
Old 09-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the nutritional values for all the IP products? And what's the limit on daily carb intake? Is there a suggested carb intake for being on the IP Bootcamp?
There are PDF files of the ingredients on the first page of the alternatives thread. Fifth or sixth post.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #253  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jordanna

This is probably a dumb question but could you explain what you mean by Net carbs and total carbs?

Thanks

Sue
Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #254  
Soon To Be FitnFunky

S/C/G: 196/156/136

Height: 5' 1"

I have been searching the threads, but Is there any IP Protocol for Insulin Dependent Diabetics. I was recently asked about my weight loss, and explained about the Pancreas Rest, and my friend would like more information for her Insulin dependent hubby. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #255  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Yes their is a diabetic protocol, our coach can give you the information. I know it's been posted here as well. It's very similar to Phase 2.
Closed Thread