Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #211  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I am in day 5, of my first wk and I am going to be weight on Friday. I am confuse a little about some foods. Like in the morning is it ok to have coffee? because I do have it with i tbs of fat free half&half. while in my paper says is ok for phase 1 i read thes is ok for phase 2. Is it ok or I've been making a big mistake for almost a whole week?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #212  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

I have another question does anyone have sagging skin do to this weight loss method? because I honestly dont know if its true that u can built much muscle losing weight so rapidly, without much exersise. Thanx.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 AM   #213  

Default Alcohol on my Birthday

Can anyone tell me why I can not have alcohol on my birthday?

I usually only have vodka. I know that vodka has zero carbs, zero fat, & zero surgar. I would love to put a couple shots in my peach mango IP drink!

Would that be okay?

I'm not understanding why we can't have vodka on this diet???!!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #214  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymooser View Post
Can anyone tell me why I can not have alcohol on my birthday?

I usually only have vodka. I know that vodka has zero carbs, zero fat, & zero surgar. I would love to put a couple shots in my peach mango IP drink!

Would that be okay?

I'm not understanding why we can't have vodka on this diet???!!!!!
In general, when one is on a low carb diet it is ok to have certain alcohols, like the vodka you mention.

As you note, this is not advised with the Ideal Protein protocol. The logic behind this is as follows.

This is a medically designed protocol with specific "chemistry" taking place to heal the metabolic processes in the body.

The goal of this plan is to burn fat and not store carbs as glucose, glycogen, or fat.

When alcohol is ingested, the body will first burn alcohol products, then carbs, then the fat. This puts quite a delay on accessing the fat.

GENERALLY, not always, many people will start with a drink and incorporate food at some level. This generally includes carbs of some kind, maybe added fats too. The net result is the body is focused on burning the alcohol, the carbs may or may not be burned, they might be stored. If they do get burned the fat is still waiting to be accessed and the end result is you stall the ketosis process.

Yes, the alcohol is carb free. The impact or associated actions might not be. By saying avoid alcohol, it is not permitted. A temptation is theoretically removed.

I hope that helps.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #215  

Default Desperatedieter

Does anyone know where I can find the Ideal Protein diet program in the Houston, Texas area. I met a lady that lost 40 lbs in 3 months (over 50yrs old) who told me about the program but I don't know where to go. Help!!!
DD:
Old 09-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #216  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by caguajardo View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the Ideal Protein diet program in the Houston, Texas area. I met a lady that lost 40 lbs in 3 months (over 50yrs old) who told me about the program but I don't know where to go. Help!!!
DD:
please go to www.idealprotein.com and use the search for local clinic tool. It should help.

http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_usen.asp?no=331

Last edited by showgirlaz; 09-11-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 222/207/150

Hi! I'm new to the site and have no idea where exactly to navigate. Anyways, I started IP Sept. 1st and have lost 13 pounds. So far, i've lost a pound a day, i'm hoping this keeps up but am VERY happy I found this site for motivation. It's rough out there! I'm 22 and decided after finishing college in 3 years at a sacrifice of gaining 75 pounds I need to do something now that i've started my new career.

I've been reading through pages and pages and somewhere saw where someone decided to replace the 1xDay higher carb option like a bar with a drink for lower carb option to accelerate weight loss. I'm wondering if this works?

My IP provider is not very good with motivation and i'm in need of some encouragement and would love to become part of the IP "threads" here. Please let me know which ones to go to.

Thanks so much!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #218  

Also, i'd love to know how to get one of those nifty little couters, they're awesome!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 266/253.8/166

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
Hi! I'm new to the site and have no idea where exactly to navigate. Anyways, I started IP Sept. 1st and have lost 13 pounds. So far, i've lost a pound a day, i'm hoping this keeps up but am VERY happy I found this site for motivation. It's rough out there! I'm 22 and decided after finishing college in 3 years at a sacrifice of gaining 75 pounds I need to do something now that i've started my new career.

I've been reading through pages and pages and somewhere saw where someone decided to replace the 1xDay higher carb option like a bar with a drink for lower carb option to accelerate weight loss. I'm wondering if this works?

My IP provider is not very good with motivation and i'm in need of some encouragement and would love to become part of the IP "threads" here. Please let me know which ones to go to.

Thanks so much!

I am also new, just started Sept 2nd.. first weigh in was at 9 days with 12.2 down!
My coach said you can choose packages to go with a low amount of carbs for example a drink, soup and pudding. She chose this method to lose the weight faster herself.
Alas, we are not allowed the tracker yet, you must be a member with 20 posts and over so many days. ( it is either a month or 20 days, cant recall right now) When we are allowed, it will bcome an eligible option on our profile..

Good luck, and look me up if you want to compare notes since we are from the same beginning point..
Carol
Old 09-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #220  

I weigh in today and am looking forward to find out about inches! 14 pounds, 14 days and looking forward to asking my IP provider about cutting the 1 restricted item today and replacing it with a better option.
Is anyone else getting cotton mouth like crazy? I drink way more than 65oz of water per day and am still thirsty. I'm drinking so much water i'm getting up in the middle of the night!
So far no problems with the food. I'm not "spicing it up" at all! I have a rough time with veggies so i eat 2 cucumbers a day for my 4 cups of veggies. Lame, but its working for me so far!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 148/130/125

Height: 5'5"

My hair has not started to fall out but I recently noticed that my finger nails have not grown much after 6 weeks on Phase 1.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #222  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
I weigh in today and am looking forward to find out about inches! 14 pounds, 14 days and looking forward to asking my IP provider about cutting the 1 restricted item today and replacing it with a better option.
Is anyone else getting cotton mouth like crazy? I drink way more than 65oz of water per day and am still thirsty. I'm drinking so much water i'm getting up in the middle of the night!
So far no problems with the food. I'm not "spicing it up" at all! I have a rough time with veggies so i eat 2 cucumbers a day for my 4 cups of veggies. Lame, but its working for me so far!
Cotton mouth, I love it. I'm teaching a course at the local university and all of a sudden my mouth will get so dry that I can barely pry it open to put a water bottle into it. Happens 2-3 times in an hour and a half. Yesterday I was holding forth and ended up totally garbling the sentence I was trying to get out. After I took a drink of water I said "Now, where was I?" and without missing a beat this voice from the back of the room perfectly mimicked my inarticulate mumble.

Geeze Louise it's hard to keep up a facade of dignity when you can't stop laughing.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #223  

I know what you mean. Never heard the expression "cotton mouth"? Maybe it's a southern thing haha I'm from Louisiana. I'm glad i'm not the only one. That is my only problem so far.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #224  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Total cotton mouth here too - my coach says not to chew gum but I think I'm going to have to get some or my students will all leave!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #225  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju View Post
Total cotton mouth here too - my coach says not to chew gum but I think I'm going to have to get some or my students will all leave!
I don't chew gum (mother would ever let us) but I remember reading once not to chew gum when you are dieting because it activates the salivary glands (da). But that can trigger a false sense of hunger. Maybe the mints would be better? I'm considering them. But can I talk and suck a mint at the same time?
Closed Thread