Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #151  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Novak, are you there?

Oh, Yodaaaa
Or anyone else who can answer this. On Phase 1 we are supposed to stay away from dairy. BUT we can have 1 oz. skim milk with our tea/coffee in the morning.
I have some string cheese...i love cheese...that is made with skim milk, >1 g carbs, NO net carbs. And each cylinder of cheese happens to be...1 oz!! Can I have this instead of the skim milk?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #152  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Oh, Yodaaaa
Or anyone else who can answer this. On Phase 1 we are supposed to stay away from dairy. BUT we can have 1 oz. skim milk with our tea/coffee in the morning.
I have some string cheese...i love cheese...that is made with skim milk, >1 g carbs, NO net carbs. And each cylinder of cheese happens to be...1 oz!! Can I have this instead of the skim milk?

Some people will say yes to this others will tell you to stick to the plan especially since you are still so new to it.

Compare the nutrition of milk and cheese not just the ounces. Look at the fat content. You gain 4g of fat in cheese and that means about 36 calories to your day. Granted, fat will not pull you out of ketosis but, and this is the key,

THIS DIET IS ABOUT CHANGING YOUR CHEMISTRY AND HEALING YOUR BODY

It is about using food to heal. Some things, like added fat, are removed so that your body can function best and you can get the best results.

When you add fat, you make free fat available to be burned as energy and your body will wait til that is used before it goes back to burning your own fat.

IMHO, If you can live without it do.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #153  

Default Ham...

On Dr. Tran Tien's website, in "Foods Allowed on the Diet," he lists cooked ham... is this different from smoked ham?.. I love ham, but I'm not much of an expert on preparation methods...

Thanks...........

hugs
Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #154  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
On Dr. Tran Tien's website, in "Foods Allowed on the Diet," he lists cooked ham... is this different from smoked ham?.. I love ham, but I'm not much of an expert on preparation methods...

Thanks...........

hugs
Smoked ham will probably have a really large amount of sodium. If it's a country smoked ham, soak it in water for about 12 hours; toss the salty water, and boil it instead of roasting. This might help: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Pork/Ham101.htm
Old 07-16-2010, 01:01 AM   #155  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
I am also sensitive to splenda and also need to stay gluten free. On the nutritional chart does anyone know off hand if the x means it is or is not gluten free. Does the x mean it does or does not have sucralose?
On my nutritional sheet, last column to the right, the x means gluten free.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #156  
jpenne

S/C/G: 262/228/165

Height: 5' 9"

Hi, I'm new to this posting stuff and new to the Ideal Protein program. I am looking for preparation suggestions for vegetables and something to put on my salad other than lemon juice. Also, I was told not to use Splenda, but to use Stevia or Truvia
Old 07-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

I noticed we could have soya sauce... this is loaded with sodium... do you got the low sodium version? or just go with it... alot of salt can't be good right?
Old 07-17-2010, 12:34 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 187/177/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpenne View Post
Hi, I'm new to this posting stuff and new to the Ideal Protein program. I am looking for preparation suggestions for vegetables and something to put on my salad other than lemon juice. Also, I was told not to use Splenda, but to use Stevia or Truvia
I am new too, however, the clinic I go to has the Walden Farms products. I use their dressings on my salads and to marinate chicken. I also use the pancake syrup. It is listed as "free food." I could not find it at Wal-Mart, but found them in the health food section of the local grocery store.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #159  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Can anyone tell me how much olive oil we can actually have/use per day? I have been having my 2 tsp. on my salad every night, but I'd like to be able to use it on my lunch salad, as well as stir fry vegetables in it.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #160  

Question Pickles and Mineral Water

2nd day on Ideal Protein!
Not too bad, a couple of headaches only.

Couple of questions-
1. Dill Pickles - absolutely love'em. I have read on this forum that as long as they don't have any sugar. The brand I love is "Best Maid" and it says "Sugars less than 1 gram" (Ingredients: Cucumbers, Water, Vinegar, Salt, Alum, Calcium Chloride, Natural Flavoring, Sodium Benzoate & Potassium Sorbate (Preservatives), Oleoresin Turmeric & Yellow#5 (Colors), Polysorbat80 (Emulsifier).
Still too much sugar?

2. Also love me some mineral water. Any limits? Does it count towards my daily water intake?

I apperciate everyone's help! GOD Bless!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #161  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpenne View Post
Oh no! I was told to use only Splenda or Truvia... any experts to help on this question?!! (Splenda is what helps me choke nearly everything down!)
Old 07-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

weird question... If I am drinking 2 litres plus of water a day shouldn't my pee be more clear? maybe it is all the ketones? what about IP messing up your PMS?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #163  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Oh no! I was told to use only Splenda or Truvia... any experts to help on this question?!! (Splenda is what helps me choke nearly everything down!)
If your coach says it okay, then that's what I would go with. Because the program is newer, lots of coaches have different rules. Some say no restricted, some say one a day. Some say no crystal light, some say 2-4 packs a day. Some say no Splenda, some say no Truvia, and some say no Stevia. The best thing to do is go by what your coach tells you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
weird question... If I am drinking 2 litres plus of water a day shouldn't my pee be more clear? maybe it is all the ketones? what about IP messing up your PMS?
You would think so, but the ketones do affect it. And IP rebalances your hormones, so it does sometimes mess up your TOM. It also can cancel out your birth control, again due to the hormones. So be safe!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:31 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

After drinking my usual 20 or more cups of water I wanted something different. So I bought a SoBe 0 calorie drink. I read the label and realized that a serving was 8 ounces and there were 2 1/2 servings in the bottle. great. I drink about 4 ounces - look at the label again and see the 6 carbohydrates per serving. Now I'm freeking. 6 carbs????? Most of the packaged IP food has less than that. How can they call if 0 calories if there are 6 carbs? I was always taught to figure 4 kcalories per 1 gram of carbohydrate. This is sweetened with PureVia which "is derived from Stevia, a plant native to South America. PureVia's sweetness comes from Reb-A, a high-purity extract of the stevia leaf."
So, we are allowed stevia, is the SoBe okay? Or am I flirting with stalling because of the carbohydrates? (Mutter about truth in advertising ) Some days I wish this was easier!

Last edited by jordash; 07-21-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makita524 View Post
Have you guys found any vitamins/supplements comparable to the IP ones? I'm getting low on my IP vitamins and supplements and can't see myself spending an exorbitant amount of money on something I can get cheaper at Walmart or gnc. I'm going to start my search today any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Just be aware that not all supplements are the same quality. I do not trust the quality of the cheaper ones bought at a retailer. You might go to a true health food store and take the bottles so they can help you find an equivalent. However, in my experience, the better quality ones are usually more expensive.
Closed Thread