1 tsp ground black pepper
1tsp ground anise
Garnish
4x 3 1/2oz flank steak
1 cup mixed salad
4 green onions
1/4 cup sweet yellow pepper, grilled and cutin fine strips
1 English cucumber, minced
1/4 cup daikon radish, minced ( or red radish)
8 asparagus, tender-crisp
grilled seasame seeds

Preparation
Mix Tamari sauce, Splenda, oil, coriander, black pepper and anise. Keep half the mixture as dressing. Brush steak with the other half. In a large skillet or on the barbecue, grill steak over medium-high heat, 2 to 4 min each side for a perfect cooking. Brush steak with marinade while cooking. Set aside. Share out mixed salad in 4 plates and put green onion. Scatter sweet pepper, cucumber and daikon radish. Garnish with asparagus. Sprinkle with reserved dressing. Cut steak into strips and place on salad
Old 10-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #17  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
Here is my "modified" version of the WW zero point soup.

3 c. chicken or beef broth (fat free and reduced sodium)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 c. celery
1 T tomato paste
2 c. chopped cabbage
1/2 c. onion
1/2 c. frozen or fresh green beans
1/2 c. chopped zucchini
1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. dried oregano
sea salt and pepper to taste

Spray the bottom of a medium sauce pan with olive oil cooking spray. Saute the garlic and celery on medium-low heat until celery starts to soften. Add 1/2 c. of the stock, cabbage and zucchini and saute for a few more minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir around. Add the rest of the stock, green beans, onion, basil, and oregano. Let simmer for 10-15 min. Sea salt and pepper to taste.

This recipe has 4 cups of vegetables added so I just considered it 2 servings.
I also counted it as 1/2 cup of restricted veggies since it has green beans and tomato paste.
I tried it I liked it - i am getting tired of broccoli and cauliflower. thanks
Old 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

MOTHER-IN-LAWS SPINACH SALAD DRESSING (modified)
1 T. green onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t. sea salt
pinch red pepper
1/4 c. - 1/2 c. Splenda
1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. vinegar
juice of one lemon
1/3 c. Walden Farms catsup
Shake it up. That's it.....(don't know how legal it is....you really don't need much for a great taste on your spinach).
Old 10-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #19  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Height: 5'2"

RATATOUILLE
Makes 4 servings
½ cup yellow or white onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups eggplant, peeled and cubed
1 small zucchini (or yellow summer squash in season), halved lengthwise and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices (1 cup)
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable broth or water
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried basil, crushed)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to hot oil and cook until tender. Stir in vegetables, broth, and basil. Reduce heat to simmer. Add salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove cover and cook 5 additional minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Add shredded cooked chicken just before serving for a main dish.

This is really good!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #20  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Unhappy Struggling!:(

HELP

I need suggestions for the dinner meal. I need to be more creative.
Anything would be great.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #21  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

MARINATED VEGETABLES
1C vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar, but can use white)
1C salad oil (i use olive oil)
1T splenda
1T dill weed
1tsp salt
1tsp pepper
1tsp chopped garlic
Add in quantities that you want - celery, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, etc. Marinate overnight and enjoy. (you can tell when it is time to throw out if you haven't eaten it completely - it gets "slimy" when old)
Old 10-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/190.5/135 Start: 09/20/09

Height: 5'5"

I think this is my husband and my favorite dinner option. We'll happily eat this even if not doing IP.

Juicy Chipotle Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin (1 - 1 1/2 pounds)
Chipotle Rub by Pampered Chef*** (some other rub options are at the bottom of the page, if you don't have this)

1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Sprinkle rub on outside of Pork Tenderloin until coated
3) Heat olive oil in pan over med-high heat. (preferred is a cast iron pan, or any pan that can go from stovetop to oven).
4) When pan is hot place pork tenderloin in pan, searing on all sides. Searing is important here - it seals the juices into the meat, so don't skip this step! To sear, turn the meat after about 1-2 minutes on the heat. Keep rotating until all sides have been seared.
5) Transfer the pan into the preheated oven (if you don't have a pan that can go from stove to oven, transfer into an oven-suitable pan).
6) bake for 20 minutes.
7) Remove from oven, slice and enjoy.

Other Rub Alternatives
If you don't have the awesome Chipotle Rub (and no - I'm not a PC rep!), here are a couple of alternatives:

Herb and Garlic Rub
1 tbsp parsley, minced
1/2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp rosemary, minced
1/2 tsp sea salt

Garlic-Rosemary:
2 tsps Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp rosemarry

Garlic-Rosemary:
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp rosemarry

Curried Rub
1 tbsp. curry
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
Pinch of cayenne

Be really cautious about buying pre-made rubs from the spice section. I've noticed many of the nutrition info shows 0 calories, but will list sugar as the 2nd or 3rd ingredient.

Last edited by kira; 10-29-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #23  
Started 11/05/2009

S/C/G: 151.4/145/115

Height: 5'

Default Zucchini Ideas

These are not my own, I read them somewhere on the internet. I haven't tried either of them yet, but certainly will as soon as I begin Ideal Protein.

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. These are seasoned with cinnamon or apple pie spice and a bit of allowed sweetener. Microwave in a small glass dish with a lid for a few minutes for a "baked apple" dessert.

Or, the same ingedients can be simmered in a saucepan with a little water on the stove top until it is cooked down to "apple butter" and can used as a spread on crepes or topping on vanilla pudding.

I love the idea of turning a veggie into dessert... and no need to waste the zucchini peels - I would chop them and add to soup or maybe a stir fry. Be creative! Ü

Last edited by magenta; 11-04-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: for clarity
Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #24  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking lettuce wraps!

Just an FYI I do not do well with an "actual" recipe but I'll try and put it in recipe form!

I just made this for dinner and WOW I totally loved it! (I don't know if I was totally staving but still )

1lb ground turkey
1 garlic clove-chopped
about 2 pinches of sea salt and then pepper
a head of romaine lettuce -cleaned
handful of bean sprouts
teriyaki sauce what ever kind you like just watch the ingredients that it don't have MSG's or high carbs.

So easy, So good and feeling and Totally legal for your dinner.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #25  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by magenta View Post
These are not my own, I read them somewhere on the internet. I haven't tried either of them yet, but certainly will as soon as I begin Ideal Protein.

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. These are seasoned with cinnamon or apple pie spice and a bit of allowed sweetener. Microwave in a small glass dish with a lid for a few minutes for a "baked apple" dessert.

Or, the same ingedients can be simmered in a saucepan with a little water on the stove top until it is cooked down to "apple butter" and can used as a spread on crepes or topping on vanilla pudding.

I love the idea of turning a veggie into dessert... and no need to waste the zucchini peels - I would chop them and add to soup or maybe a stir fry. Be creative! Ü
Have you tried it yet?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #26  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi, All. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the chocolate pudding, when that was the thing I was most looking forward to trying. Last night I fiddled around with it and came up with a great recipe:

Instead of very cold water, I mixed it at room temp.

Added to the water beforehand:

splash of real french vanilla extract
dash of sea salt
1 1/2 packs of splenda

shake until salt and splenda are dissolved. Add pudding packet and shake the **** out of it in a sealed tupperware. Put in freezer for 30 to 45 mins. I had the idea of making it into some kind of "ice cream", but I think the alcohol in the vanilla extract keeps it from freezing. I think the alcohol also changed the texture from doughy to a smooth real pudding texture. Man was it good.

Last edited by echobaby; 11-05-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:43 PM   #27  
Started 11/05/2009

S/C/G: 151.4/145/115

Height: 5'

Echobaby, I did try the zucchini baked like apple slices at lunch today. I wasn't bad... I think it will all depend on the sweetener. I used vanilla stevia and stevia is not a favorite of mine. Ü
Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #28  
Bumpy McPickles

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 6'1"

All of these recipes look delicious! Yeterday was my first day on IP - for dinner I got a little creative and made this:

7oz shrimp(raw, peeled, deveined)
3/4 cup frozen broccoli pieces
1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
1 tsp minced garlic
Hot Red Pepper sliced/chopped (the amount you put in is up to you - I used the whole thing because Im a heat junkie)
Low Sodium Soy Sauce

Add a little olive oil to your pan - heat it over medium
Add the garlic into the oil and cook it out for a few mins
Throw the cabbage into the pan and cook for 2-3 mins
Then add the Hot Pepper pieces - Cover with a lid for a few mins
Add the frozen broccoli and cover for 7 mins
Add the soy sauce(I use less than the suggested serving size because Im not a fan of soy or tamari)
Throw the shrimp into the pan and cook until pink - stirring frequently to blend all of the flavors together
Once the Shrimp is pink, remove from the heat and let sit covered for 2 mins.

**While the above was cooking and resting - I used the in between time to chop up the other 1 cup of veggies allowed and made a salad**
Old 11-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 118/110/110

Height: 5'4"

I love this pot roast!

Put your pot roast in the crockpot. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and cover with minced garlic. Then add about half a jar of sliced peperocinis along with half a jar of the juice. Cook on high all day. Enjoy!! You can even start the potroast from frozen. Yummy...
Old 11-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 264/233/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Veggie Recipes

I got these recipes from the following site: http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/

ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Hands-on time: 5 minutes + occasional stirring
Time to table: 50 minutes
Serves 4

2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 head cauliflower, cut in small florets

Set oven to 425F. Stir together all ingredients in large bowl until cauliflower is uniformly coated with oil. Transfer to baking sheet in single layer (use a second sheet if needed). Roast 35 – 45 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes for last 15 minutes, until cauliflower is dark brown but not burnt.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE
Per Serving: 112 Cal (56% from Fat); 4 g Protein; 8 g Tot Fat; 9 g Carb; 6 g Fiber; 37 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 329 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol, Weight Watchers 2 points

BRUSHED EGGPLANT
Active time: 10 minutes
Time to table: 50 minutes
Serves 4

DRESSING
1 tablespoon good vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon good olive oil

1 pounds eggplant, stem removed, cut in 3/4 inch slices
Salt & pepper
Fresh herbs (optional, tarragon was great)

Preheat oven to 375F. Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet cut-side up (you might cover with foil unless it's non-stick). Brush the up-facing side of each slice, turn those with two cut sides upside down and brush the cut sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, turn slices over and bake another 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and soft.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per Serving: 60 Cal (50% from Fat, 8% from Protein, 42% from Carb); 1 g Protein; 4 g Tot Fat; 0 g Sat Fat; 3 g Mono Fat; 7 g Carb; 4 g Fiber; NetCarb3; 3 g Sugar; 14 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 341 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers 1 point

SOURCE: Sara Moulton Cooks at Home

SHREDDED ZUCCHINI with THYME
Active time: 10 minutes
Time to table: 25 minutes
Serves 4

1 1/2 pounds zucchini
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon Dressing
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, dill or tarragon

DRESSING
Mix 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil.

Remove the stem ends from the zucchini, then grate. Transfer to a colander, stir in the salt. Let rest for about 15 minutes in a sink or over a dish. Grab a handful of zucchini and squeeze out the liquid, repeating until no more can be easily extracted.

Heat a skillet over MEDIUM HIGH. Add Dressing and zucchini. Toss gently. Cook until zucchini is hot and cooked through, turning occasionally. Stir in thyme. Serve immediately.

NUTRITION ESTIMATE
Per Serving: 50 Cal (45% from Fat, 14% from Protein, 41% from Carb); 2 g Protein; 3 g Tot Fat; 0 g Sat Fat; 6 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 31 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 921 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol, Weight Watchers 1 point

MARINATED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Chill 4 hours before serving
Serves 8
• Generously salted water to cover
• 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, preferably fresh of about equal size (frozen sprouts also work)

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 tablespoons vinegar
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• ½ teaspoon dry mustard
• ½ teaspoon salt & sugar
• ¼ teaspoon oregano & thyme
• Salt & pepper to taste
Bring water to a boil. If using fresh sprouts, trim stem ends, remove outer leaves and cut an X into core with tip of a knife (this promotes even cooking). Cook for 6 – 8 minutes until cooked but still bright green. Drain.
Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add hot sprouts, stir several times. Chill for 4 hours before serving.
NUTRITION ESTIMATE Per Serving: 67 Cal (24% from Fat); 2g Tot Fat; 0g Sat Fat; 11g Carb; 4g Fiber; 182mg Sodium; 0mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers ½ point
Closed Thread