Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Default Ideal Protein Diet

Anyone here doing the ideal protein diet? I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and I have lost about 15 lbs. I was hoping to find others doing the same plan.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Haven't heard of it, but I don't diet-shop very much.

Sounds like its working for you - great, keep it up!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #3  

Default Ideal Protein Progess

I was wondering how you are Doing? I am Considering this diet plan and would love some feed back.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #4  

Hi, Alwe - I'm not doing ideal protein, but I am doing something very similar, the HMR plan. Also uses the same types of products - protein shakes, puddings, etc. I've been doing about 3 shakes a day plus five - seven cups of fruits and vegetables.

I've been doing it about 2 weeks and I've lost 8 pounds. Hardly ever hungry. Looks like you are kicking some butt with your loss! Don't these protein diets rock?

I went to the ideal protein web site and was browsing the products. The drawback with HMR is that it doesn't have much variety, so I'm shopping for similar stuff by other makers. What do you use and what do you like best from ideal?

Last edited by ShihtzuX2; 08-10-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/187/155

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
Anyone here doing the ideal protein diet? I've been doing it for 3 weeks now and I have lost about 15 lbs. I was hoping to find others doing the same plan.
Hi!!! I am on the ideal protein diet. My step-mom did it a year and a half ago and lost 40 pds. and has kept it all off! I've been on it for almost a week and I have to say I'm having trouble with finding enough "veggies" to eat. I am sick of eating the same things over and over. I actually look forward to having the IP breakfast, lunches and snacks! It adds variety into my day. Can you share some of your recipes with me? My step mom did the diet by eating lettuce, broccoli, and cucumbers with some cauliflower in between. I can't do that! I'll get bored and I'll cheat! Please send me some strength!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #6  

I started IP two days ago and so far I love it. My dr is supervising me and the food/packets are good, except for the pomegranite drink... ewww.. I would really like to find a friend to compare experiences.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornfaninOK View Post
I started IP two days ago and so far I love it. My dr is supervising me and the food/packets are good, except for the pomegranite drink... ewww.. I would really like to find a friend to compare experiences.
Hi! I also disliked the Pomegranite drink. I actually started the diet (again) 4 days ago. My step-mom sells the diet through her wellness center and last year at this time, I tried the diet; however due to a blood clot (because of my pregnancy) I had to stop after 1 1/2 weeks. It works! My step-mom lost 40 pounds and has kept it off. She still goes through phase 1 for two days after a day of indulgence, but she looks and feels great! How did you hear about IP? Have you come across any recipes for the vege's your suppossed to eat? I find that's my hardest hurdle. I'm getting bored eating broccoli, celery and cucumbers all the time! I would be glad to be a "buddy" while on the diet. We can be each others cheer leader!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #8  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Height: 5'5"

omg yes i have been on it for about 3 1/2 weeks and have lost 20 lbs. I love it. I just need some ideas on cooking different veggies. but I like most of the food just tried the chili loved it. love the bars!! I do forget to eat my sea salt some times so I get tired but i have some and I'm fine. I love the chicken soup it's great....
Old 08-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #9  

This weekend I took broccoli and asparagus and chopped all up. Steamed them with a little sea salt on them and after they were done I took the walden farms honey dijon and put a little on it and tossed. It was good. I also took asparagus, laid them flat on a cookie sheet, sprayed with Pam Olive Oil spray and sprinkled with S & P and baked for 20 minutes at 350. They were awesome! Even my kids ate them! I then used the left over broccoli & asparagus and put them into the asparagus soup. It was good! I really like the soups. I've found I really dont' like the puddings though. Everything else so far is going well. I lost 6 lbs the first week. So I'm hoping it stays steady for a couple of weeks. How are things going for you?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #10  

well.. 1st weigh in... 10.8 pounds gone in a week! I love this (non)diet!!!!

I take the puddings and add more water and ice in the blender.. they are yummy, especially the chocolate one!!!! The chicken soup is my favorite.

Last edited by LonghornfaninOK; 08-17-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #11  

I just started IP 2 1/2 days ago, so far so good. I would love anyones dinner recipes. i am having hard time finding tasty stuff to make thay my husband will enjoy also. he's not doing IP. has anyone done this diet while pregnant? is it safe? my husband and i are trying to conceive and are going to be having artificial insemination. we've been trying for 3 yrs the old fashioned way with no success. anyway, i was just wandering if it was safe to do durning pregnancy. it was recommended to me by a chiropractor who has a wellness center. he seemed to think it would be safe. i just wanted to hear if anyone else had experience with it. would love to share this journey with you all too
Old 08-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #12  

I just started Ideal Protein on Thursday. I was told by a friend of mine that the first 3 days are the hardest but I can honestly say I have been through much worse.

My favorites so far are the omelet and the bars. I will have the chili tomorrow. I am excited to be able to read about everyones progress...it will help keep me motivated.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #13  

Talking Ideal Protein Diet

I just started on the 13th and I have lost 9 lbs. I lost it over 5 days and had to cut back as I have some medical problems to deal with. But the diet is great and I like most of the foods. I have not had a problem with all the vegetables as I love salads and the Walden Farms dressing and syrups. They are great.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #14  

Default ok.... week 2

Down 15.4 pounds!!! Love this diet!!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 258.5/241/190

Height: 5'10 1/2

Hi! I've been on IP since 08/08/09 and I am down 17.5 lbs. Yay! I have been walking a lot too so I can really tell a difference. So far I really like the lemon bars, the chicken soup, mushroom soup, and the chocolate pudding. Someone told me the chocolate drink is good with a couple teaspoons of instant coffee and crushed ice. I'm going to try it the next time I see my doctor. I don't care for the banana pudding. Very artificial tasting. I choke it down by making sure it is really cold.
Closed Thread