Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #121  
Love

S/C/G: 238/in progress :P/208

Height: 5-9

Cool Bonjour

Hi

I am Anne, 27 , from Quebec. Its good to find team-mates for the run

I started IP about 8 weeks ago. Doing fine , i know now what I like , and what product I hate (leek soup !!). I decided to do IP because of the reputation and I am really happy with the results.
I love going out so I must admit I strugglw with the NO alcool clause. But I think its worth it.
I play volley ball 3 times a weeks and since a fiew weeks i jump more and am faster so that is all good for me
My first language is french so I am sorry for the poor english and the mistakes.
I have no kids ,I live alone with Turtle (my cat), my boyfriend is Australian and I just cant wait to see him this x-mas !!

Last edited by Annmawy; 09-23-2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: not 6 weeks but 8 weeks !!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #122  

Way to go everyone. the quick rewards on this diet keep me motivated. I don't have dramatic loss as some of you, but am pleased with 6 pounds in my first two weeks.
Valkrie, I work part-time for a local hospital doing alot of community based things, corporate health screenings, health related talks, child passenger saftey, and I teach CPR and Newborn care classes. Lots of different things. Keeps me busy though.
Love reading all the posts, They are also motivating.
I also hate the Leek soup, and the chicken soup.
Thanks all. Lynn

Last edited by LynnNowell; 09-22-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 AM   #123  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwe74 View Post
I know how you feel. I'm in that same rut right now. My problem is that I'll have a phase where I crave everything and then I will not want to eat anything (like right now). I just wish I could get on an even keel.
You and me both! I was this way before IP though...I guess being allergic to almost everything out there kinda makes you just want something else to sustain you!

Maybe some new spices or a new dressing??

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog

Last edited by GoddessTT; 09-23-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:16 AM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdoula Butcher View Post
Hey!

I've lost 14 pounds on my first week of Ideal Protein. I still want to lose 73 pounds. Long way to go!

I'm from Canada.

Good to hear from you!
Awesome! Just remember that it is mostly water the first week. I would say 3-4 lbs a week is normal after first week and from what I am being told, so just don't be disappointed when it isn't that much week 2. My 2nd week is this Friday. :-)

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog

Old 09-23-2009, 02:17 AM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebS View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Debbie, I am 43 and I live in NY. I lost my husband suddenly 7 months ago to a heart attack and I decided that I need to something to make myself healthy. I have been on plan for 7 weeks and have lost 36 pounds.
My goal is to lose a 100 pounds. I just started walking tonight. Exercise is an area I really need to focus on.
Love to hear about everyones success....gives me great motivation!
Awesome Job! I am sorry to hear of your sudden loss. Keep up the good work, focus on the good and remember it is about you and being healthy.

TT
Seattle, WA
my blog

Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #126  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Abdoula- congratulations on the big loss. That's fantastic!!!

DebS-I'm very sorry for your loss. You sound like you have done really well on the IP plan. I just started exercising a few weeks ago. It's much easier when you don't have as much weight to carry around!

Annmawy-Welcome to our group. I have to agree that the leek soup is NOT great!

Last edited by alwe74; 09-23-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #127  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

In my community it is the local spa who is carrying the IP products. They are not doctors or health practioners. They told me that i can have unlimited broth on the IP plan. Has anyone else heard that? because i find it easier for suppers to eat all the vegetables as a soup - just changes things up a bit... any other recipe ideas would be great!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys... sounds like everyone is rocking and rolling! I'm having a rough week.. seemed to have come to a standstill but I KNOW I need to ramp up my workouts. It's hard not to get frustrated though...
Hi to all of our new friends! It's so exciting to be able to watch everyone's victories!
I'm declaring my new goal is to exercise 5 days a week so you guys hold me to it!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #129  
Oceania101

S/C/G: 216/205/150

Height: 5'11

I started on the 9th and I have lost 12 pounds!! My friend did it and she lost 115 pounds since last December!!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 194.5/175.5/135

Height: 5'4"

I am also having a hard time knowing what I can and can't have on this plan. I was given a sheet telling me what I can have for Phase I but I've heard you all mention some things that are not on my list. (Makes me wonder if the list was IP sanctioned or if my Rep just put it together.) Anyway, it seems there are still a lot of questions floating around in my head....

I hadn't heard that about the chicken broth but would like to know.

Didn't know we could use sugar-free syrups either.

Unlimited puddings? Does that mean when we get hungry we can have an extra packet?

Lastly, I see some of you have mentioned puffs and bars and such....I haven't even been made aware of those I only know soups, yogurt and puddings.

Last edited by Gink; 09-23-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #131  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Well I had my weigh in today. I was down 1.5 lbs. Since it's TOM this week I guess that's probably OK.

Gink- the bars and puffs are available but they are restricted to one per day. They are higher in carbs.

I haven't heard about the broth. I've only heard that you can have unlimited lettuce. I know that there is some outdated info about the diet out there. When I first started I was told 1/2 tsp. salt and you went to phase 2 when you reached 80%. Now I've been told it's 1 tsp. salt and you go to phase 2 when you reach 90%. I wish they had a more consistent way of getting the new info out to everybody.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #132  

Does anyone use other meal replacements like the Atkins bars or shakes. They look similar are much cheaper. I know IP will say they have the "best" protien, but what is the real difference?
Old 09-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #133  
Love

S/C/G: 238/in progress :P/208

Height: 5-9

good work alwe its better to lose then not to lose .

I have the same questions as the way they give the program.
I have 3 proteins to take per day ( 2 meals and one snack ) i have illimited salade and most veggie ( except avocado-carrots snowpeas) and i have a '' normal'' meal to take each day ( 150-200g of meat ) and 2 cups of veggies.

I have almost over 30 kinds of Ideal Proteoin product at my Gym so I never have the same thins each day !

My personnal favorites are the chocolat drinks that I mix with my coffee , the Jello and the poudding and of course de Puffs.
I also like the spagetti and the omlettes that i throw all my veggies in !!

I hole the day when well for u all.
I just arrived from Volleyball and cooling down
Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Wow..I love reading this board each day. I love hearing about everyone's successes (and they are all successes). Ihad a bad day today. Again, I didn't cheat, but didn't get in all the veggies and water (GoddessTT - I made the tea then forgot it in the microwave).

I am really nervous because I am leaving in the a.m. to go with a friend of mine for the weekend. We will be staying at her son's house and I feel I cannot "tell" them what I can eat. I loaded a bag with IP, along with WF salad dressings, etc., but since we will be at a convention all day Saturday and Sunday, I am worried.

DebS, I am so sorry about your husband. Mine also died of a heart attack in Iraq 1-1/2 years ago. I feel like I have been "frozen" - let my weight and my health go this whole time...and am trying to get healthy again for my son and his family. I still feel kinda empty inside and it is hard for me to stay motivated with anything...but I am trying. Good for you for not waiting as long as me.....

Everyone have a great weekend......
Old 09-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #135  

Green cabbage beware........ I just weighed in on my 12 week and I am down 43 lbs!!!! Although my weight loss has been fantastic, I recently was told that I have been cheating by eating my green cabbage (1 head of cabbage a wk about.) Make sure you are only eating RED Cabbage. This is my first week off of cabbage and my weight drop was substantially higher! Anyway, glad to see that people are finally finding out about this program.... when I first started I couldn't find anyone that has done it online.
Closed Thread