Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #46  

I started today. Anyone else having to do the alternative plan? Anyone doing boot camp (no restrictives)?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnNowell View Post
I'm new to the Ideal Protien diet, day 3. Two people in my office had good results with this diet and I thought I'd give it a try. So far so good, but like some others I need ideas for some of the vegetables that I don't usually eat. I do eat spinich, turnip greens, aspagarus, okra, broccoli and cauliflower.
Any one have suggestions about any of the other select vegetables? Do you usually eat 2 cups of the same vegetable or mix it up? I don't want that much vegetable at one meal. Is that measured before or after cooking?
Thanks, Lynn
There is a whole list for veggies...spice them up how you like. Mrs. Dash, or your own select spices.

As for 2 cups, it is mandatory. What I am not sure on is the raw vs. cooked, I would think it would be the raw, the only ones that shrink would be leafy stuff.

If you aren't eating the portions (veggies), not taking the vitamins, etc. you will not lose weight.

Last edited by GoddessTT; 09-12-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

My doctor told me that it was 2 c. of cooked veggies....whew....it is a lot to get down. I guess I do better with raw veggies.

Where are you finding Crystal Light with Splenda? I hear other parts of the country have it. Doc says I can't have aspartane.

I did make up a steak sauce that tasted pretty good. (Can't say the same for the tartar sauce I made). Anyways, I took some of the Walden Farms catsup, mixed it with some WF BBQ sauce, added a little bit of worchestershire sauce and soy sauce, garlic and some Splenda. Tasted amazing.

I only bought the oatmeal for my first week, and geez, I am tired of it already...what do you all eat for breakfast? (just wondering what to buy next??)

What bars do you like? What puddings do you like? What WF salad dressings do you like.....?? (I tried the salt and vinegar chips as croutons on my Leek soup today....had to wait a while for them to get softer...added cooked broccoli, too.)

denise/Michigan
Old 09-13-2009, 02:23 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
My doctor told me that it was 2 c. of cooked veggies....whew....it is a lot to get down. I guess I do better with raw veggies.

Where are you finding Crystal Light with Splenda? I hear other parts of the country have it. Doc says I can't have aspartane.

I did make up a steak sauce that tasted pretty good. (Can't say the same for the tartar sauce I made). Anyways, I took some of the Walden Farms catsup, mixed it with some WF BBQ sauce, added a little bit of worchestershire sauce and soy sauce, garlic and some Splenda. Tasted amazing.

I only bought the oatmeal for my first week, and geez, I am tired of it already...what do you all eat for breakfast? (just wondering what to buy next??)

What bars do you like? What puddings do you like? What WF salad dressings do you like.....?? (I tried the salt and vinegar chips as croutons on my Leek soup today....had to wait a while for them to get softer...added cooked broccoli, too.)

denise/Michigan
As far as I know crystal light is only Nutra Sweet, they have a deal with them. I wish it came in Splenda, while on IP we can't have Nutra Sweet or Aspartme (base name).

The sauce sounds good. There is only 1 grocer that sells WF here in WA state...I will have to trek there this week, only because your BBQ sauce sounds good!

I was thinking I would eat egg beaters in the morning or one of the drinks. Today I ate wild berry yogurt, that was good. My fav bars (I tried them at the dr.office) is the caramel nut frozenand the lemon poppy (two different textures). The butterscotch pudding is very YUMMY. I had that with lunch.

Good Luck!

TT
Seattle
follow my blog at http://skinnygirlinafatchick.blogspot.com/

Last edited by GoddessTT; 09-13-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #50  

Default Crystal Light

Thanks for the post about nutrasweet and aspartame. I didn't know that they were not allowed on the Ideal Protein diet. I remember reading awhile back that aspartame would prevent you from losing weight. My diet coach gave me the recipe for the vanilla pudding/Crystal Light drink. I will have to ask her about it when I see her again. I also tried the White Tea/Peach Crystal Light. It tasted great, but it makes plain water taste boring. (very addictive). I tried the Omelette last week and could hardly finish eating it. Not my favorite. Since cucumbers are still in season here, I will cut one up, measure and use as a snack when I get hungry. It is hard to get two cups of veggies and a salad in for two meals a day. One thing I have learned in the last week, you have to strictly follow the diet - eat everything that is required for the day, consume one teaspoon of sea salt, take the vitamins and you cannot cheat. Then the pounds will melt away.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #51  

Default Splenda-Beverages

Splenda does have two flavor packets (raspberry and lemon). I haven't tried them yet - but will be looking for them. Google SPLENDA and BEVERAGES for more info.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl View Post
Splenda does have two flavor packets (raspberry and lemon). I haven't tried them yet - but will be looking for them. Google SPLENDA and BEVERAGES for more info.
Thanks! I will have to see who has those! Like I said only 1 grocery store here has the Walden farms stuff, but there is always online ordering!

TT
Seattle
Follow my journey to a thinner me blog at http://skinnygirlinafatchick.blogspot.com/
Old 09-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessTT View Post
Thanks! I will have to see who has those! Like I said only 1 grocery store here has the Walden farms stuff, but there is always online ordering!

TT
Seattle
Follow my journey to a thinner me blog at http://skinnygirlinafatchick.blogspot.com/
Are you referring to Fruit2O? Because on IP you can't have those or any sort of sparkling water because of the acid.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #54  
mjv

S/C/G: 270-230-150

Height: 5'5"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Maybe we can actually get a support group going here..especially us newbies, from those of you who have been on it for awhile. I did go to idealtogo.com and saw there was a forum there, but to get a password, you must contact the Ideal Protein people. I assume they will ask you who is monitoring your diet....so I won't know for sure until 9/8.

Right now, you are ALL an inspiration for me because I have been worried about the "taste" of the food, not particuarly liking veggies, don't like bottled salad dressings,etc.

If some of you could answer my questions above....I am SURE I will be looking for ways to eat my veggies without butter,too!!

Valkyrie00...you ARE awesome. You could really help all of us here.....
You know some of the foods I hate and others I love!! I hate all the puddings and most the drinks, but love the soups, chilli, bars, choc drink, jello, and there are about 12 dressing to try i like most of them. and the other side things really help. I NEVER eat veggie before only corn thats it for year but now I eat more and have found different ways of cooking them. My son even eats the veggies and I can't keep my daughter away form the premix drinks Which I use the van for my coffeef , and she loves the bars before she races. give it a try it is hard at first I never got hungry but did n't feel good the first 3 days cuz ofthe pills and not enought water but after that its been great. NO ONE thought i'd beable to do it but I showed them.... So try what do you have to lose by LBS ??????
Old 09-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Height: 5'4"

I just wanted to check in with everyone and see how the weekend went! I hope everyone hangs in there.... it's just so nice to not be alone in this!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #56  

Default Loose Shoes

I went to the mall on Friday and I wore a pair of heels that I haven't worn in a couple of months. My feet were screaming! The shoes were just loose enough to cause my feet to slightly slide as I walked. There were blisters on my feet when I got home. So far, I really cannot tell that I have lost weight (I guess I have so much to lose). I too am looking forward to the time when I really notice the weight loss. I do worry about finding clothes to wear until I get to my ideal weight.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #57  

Quote:
I went to the mall on Friday and I wore a pair of heels that I haven't worn in a couple of months. My feet were screaming! The shoes were just loose enough to cause my feet to slightly slide as I walked. There were blisters on my feet when I got home. So far, I really cannot tell that I have lost weight (I guess I have so much to lose). I too am looking forward to the time when I really notice the weight loss. I do worry about finding clothes to wear until I get to my ideal weight.
Poor feet! Give them a good soak! Today my shoes felt really loose, but this is only day 3, maybe I am losing water faster?

As for clothes I thought about that too...then I thought maybe take a few select ones and have them taken in so I don't have to buy new things until I am at my ideal weight. Of course if you know how to sew...you could DIY.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #58  

I'm starting the program today - this board has really helped to calm my nerves about starting and I look forward to sharing in the success that you have all had so far!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #59  

Default Clothes

So far, my weight loss has only made my clothes feel comfortable instead of tight. For my pants, I am hoping that a belt will work for awhile. My coworker suggested a resale shop.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #60  

Quote:
So far, my weight loss has only made my clothes feel comfortable instead of tight. For my pants, I am hoping that a belt will work for awhile. My coworker suggested a resale shop.
Not sure where you live...but yeah a resale shop, goodwill, value village, and even Ross & TJ Maxx could be options. Up here the Value village is almost as much as the Ross/TJ Maxx!

TT
Seattle

Last edited by GoddessTT; 09-15-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Closed Thread