Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 01:01 PM   #1  

Thumbs up It's not too early for thanksgiving..

I don't know how many points WW would classify this but IMO it would relatively low... Anyhow, for those who like the classic pumpkin pie but hate the calories, I devised a very low cal version of it.

Buy a can of the unsweetened pumpkin mix, put it in a container and mix in about 2-3 packets of Splenda, cinnamon, and a dash of vanilla flavoring... I was amazed on how it tasted just like pumpkin pie. I usually just eat it out of a little cup, or if you want, you could toast some lite wheat bread(heiners 35 for me) and spread it on it, or put it on a grahman cracker for that "pie" crust. It's about 40 calories for 1/3 or 2/3 cup i think? Very fiberous, little sugar, and tons of betacarotene. Maybe you guys already know this recipe, but I think it's pretty darn cool. Anyways, try it if you want and let everyone know if it's cool. Heck, add more healthy stuff to it, like FF cool whip or something. LOL
Peace
Vanessa
Old 08-01-2004, 11:00 AM   #2  

Hi,

I have a recipe for putting canned pumpkin pie mix into instant sugar-free/fat-free vanilla or butterscotch pudding mix, then I add 1/4 teasp. pumpkin pie spice. I don't know how many points it is though. If you wanted to you could probably put it in a reduced fat graham cracker crust for pie.

Aleka
Old 08-01-2004, 12:41 PM   #3  

Wow, I've never heard of that. My brother actually spreads the pumpkin mix on his pancakes(which are the atkins mix).. Not too shabby. Sometimes I mix in some lite 85 vanilla yogurt, gives it more of a creamy taste. It reminds me of peanut butter when I spread it on toast.
Anyone else have any pumpkin recipes?
Old 08-01-2004, 12:48 PM   #4  

Here is the pumpkin pudding recipe if you'd like to try it.

1 sm. pkg. s/f Jello Pudding, vanilla or butterscotch
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/4 teasp. Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional) (this is my own addition)

Mix all ingredients together for 2 min. Pour into ramekins. Makes 4 1/2 cup servings.

Aleka
Old 09-01-2004, 12:30 PM   #5  

I have a recipe thats great also!
2sm sf vanilla pud mix(instant) 2cups of skim milk 1can pumpkin 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 sm cont of ff cool whip
Beat pd mix,pumpkin,and spice,fold into cool whip. Ref for 1hr or longer. (4serving=2pts) Can also be used to make pies. Use baked or graham crust. 1batch will make 2pies which =2pts for 1/6 piece of pie
Old 09-06-2004, 01:29 PM   #6  

Here is another pumpking recipe. It is always a big hit in the teachers' lounge. I serve it to the teachers with graham crackers or gingersnaps.

Spicy Pumpkin Spread
1 1/4 cup apple juice
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding, sugar free (3.4 ounces)
1 can pumpking (regular size)
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix together all ingredients. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for five minutes. Stores in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serves: 12
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Old 09-06-2004, 02:49 PM   #7  

Thumbs up Thanks!

That sounds like an easy and good snack, I will have to make a copy of it. thanks again. Janice
Closed Thread