Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 189.2/184/145

Height: 5'4"

I wanted to add my thanks for your honest and inspiring post. The lifestyle changes you have instituted versus the "diet" with a beginning and an end is the lifestyle to which I aspire. (Old habits die hard-- I did think briefly--um an orange and Rice Krispies...) I remember reading a romance novel as a teenager where the heroine went out west to work on a dude ranch. Many dashing romantic interests emerged. But that was not the part that hooked me. What I liked was that the heroine who started out overweight noticed her clothes were loose. She had effortlessly lost weight secondary to her increased activity on the ranch and the ranch food. I want the healthy lifestyle and I am praying that the weight loss will accompany! I wish you continued success. Thanks for the hope.
code red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:41 AM   #32  
desperately lost

S/C/G: 67/67/55 (kg)

Height: 5.4

hey there, i'm just starting my "diet" today, hope i can have one success story on my own. just like many people in this forum. thanks for sharing. and btw, nice pictures; amazing.
supitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #33  

Glory,
I was so impressed with your story and found many things in it that made me say, "Me Too!!". I am going to get the book and read it.
I already love to exercise and the food issue is my remaining challenge. Lifting weights is fun for me! So, to say goodbye to cravings would be such a blessing! It seems like one of those lightbulb moment situations for you. So great.

Thanks for sharing!
maggie2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #34  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Maintenance

The great proverb site I used:

http://www.oneaday.org/archives.html
Hi Glory - or anyone else - I've been looking for a tatoo idea for years, and I really like this idea - but I can't see the characters on this site. Is there some software I'm missing? Any techies out there who can help me out? Where the characters should be, there are only tiny squares.

Thanks!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Default owoowww..what a story

Glorys story ...are y ou around?...you are great...such great ideas..I have pretty much been following a similar program during my first two week on the program...have lost 11.6 in less than two weeks.... bc ..
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, yeah I'm still around

Thanks to everyone who posted. I would love to respond individually to each person, maybe I will someday!!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:50 AM   #37  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

This is an awesome story! Great job!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #38  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Simply amazing!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:42 PM   #39  

Wow! What a great inspirational post. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and congrats!
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #40  

Wow,your story sounds like mine! I would love to be email buddies. BTW My name is Tracey. BTW I eat the same way you do now,but I'd love to try and cut out diet soda. Do you drink it??
tita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tita View Post
Wow,your story sounds like mine! I would love to be email buddies. BTW My name is Tracey. BTW I eat the same way you do now,but I'd love to try and cut out diet soda. Do you drink it??
Hey Tracey

It would be great to have another email buddy! More support is always good

I had a lot of vices, but soda was never one of them. My mom never allowed it in the house growing up so I never developed a taste for it (I am not wild about carbonation, it usually gives me a terrible case of the hiccups).

If you want to give it up, do some reading on why even diet soda isn't great for you, not to mention the daily cost (to help you get motivated). Then, slowly cut back, substituting beverages you do want to drink - like tea or herbal tea or water. You could try soda water with a splash of fruit juice for a healthier "diet soda" alternative. If you used a super antioxidant juice like pomegranate, the extra health benefit would far outweigh the extra calories for the day!

Jen
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #42  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for posting
blueberry3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #43  
Relaxation Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tita View Post

I am a bonafide DIET COKE Junkie! I am fully aware that it is BAD for you, I know that Nutrisweet will kill me someday....but I am hooked. I do try to only drink it at work. At home I crave bubbles so I usually have some cran or POM and cut it byt a 1/3 with Seltzer. I also like lemon/lime seltzer by itself. It took some getting used to but it's closer to water than soda.
Love the fizz.
Try switching to natural juices cut with some fizz. You might like it.
nybor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Glory, Glory Hallelujah!!!!!

Glory, please accept my sincere thanks and gratitude for your fabulous posts. Though I'm 13 years older than you, I can easily relate to just about EVERYTHING you've shared. You look absolutely fantastic!!!! As I read your posts, I started to feel better and genuinely encouraged.

I've been HUGELY slack in my workouts, exercise and the evidence is in how things don't fit anymore. What is most upsetting is the effect on my emotions - no desire to get out and do anything.

When I followed a plan and respected my workout routine, I looked great and felt much better than I do today. Months ago, I made a weak effort to return to my workouts using weights (I used to hang out on the "Ladies who lift" forums -and that's my next stop!). But slowly, the once-in-a-while dietary indulgences moved closer together until I only ate from an emotional need, the viscious cycle returned.

I'm so grateful to have your thread as it has provided me a much needed kickstart. After I sign off, I'm going to the kitchen and clean the pantry of all contents that do not support my return to "whole foods" eating. Then, I'm taking a walk - OUTSIDE!

Thank you very much for your story. I'm printing it out and using it as both a resource for guidance and motivation for those days/situtations where I'll surely need encouragement.

With sincere appreciation,
Jean
Ready2BThinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

Thank you so much for sharing. Your courage and committment to your health is truly inspiring. You look beautiful a d healthy. I've bookmarked your story for future inspiration when I need it. Thanks again!
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote