Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 205-135 Maintaining since '10

Height: 5'1

H*ll...I'm 5'1 and somewhere between 135-138. My lowest was 126 and I've been maintaining within 10lbs for nearly 4 years. I would rather weight 125lb, but I'm done counting every calorie and being miserable. My measurements are 34/27.5/37 and I wear size xsmall for tops, 4 or 6 for bottoms.

I lift, run, cycle, walk a ton, practice yoga and my bodyfat is at approx. 22%. ....who cares what the scale says. I'm sure many people would love to have my body even if it's "heavier". it's how you look and how you feel. At this "weight" I can also eat without being obsessed about the stupid scale.

Like the others have said too, you won't know for sure until you get closer to goal, and Melissa (berryblondeboys) has probably given you the best advice.

....it's a shame that we spend so much time focusing on the scale. we need to concentrate our energy on the quality of our diet and exercise. Eat a variety of whole foods (not food products) that are good for you in moderate amounts, get lots of fresh air and activity, and focus on a healthy lifestyle and everything else will fall into place and be manageable for years to come.

good luck and all the best
nads84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I'm aiming for 130! and I'm 5'2. I have photos of me where I think I'm around 140-150 and I still look bigger that most girls, but nothing like my starting weight. I always get told my goal weight is still high, but my doctor has told me that's it's a good place to be, so I'm just going to be flexible when it gets to that point!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #18  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I am your height and 130 looks great on me. Curvy, muscular, not too "wasted" looking.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #19  
on a mission

S/C/G: 436/424/175

Height: 5'7

so excited
BrandyEyecandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

I am 5'2...130 is my goal even though it has been a looong time since i have been that weight! I just recently got into the 160's and that was exciting!
waterdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:58 AM   #21  

I'm 5'3 and aiming for 105-100 too. I have broad shoulder and big belly. I lose weight but the only problem I have now is how to reduce my fats in my shoulder and belly. I tried many workouts, lifting and other exercises but swinging, cycling and swimming are the best for me. It toned up my muscles and I don't have that fat anymore.
alexhanney08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:53 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

I'm 5'2 and 124 and don't look fat. However, it is true you can still look fat at 120. we all have seem women who are thin but are outta shape and still have fat.
I don't know if you lift weights. But i tell you this if you lift weights it will help you. Cardio is great but it's only for that time you workout.. when you lift weights it keeps the body burning calories all day.

A lot of women are scared to lift weights because they think its manly. however, we all need to build muscles because as we age we lose muscle mass.

Good luck
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #23  

It really depends on your frame. I am just under 5'6" and my goal is 130...I've been down to like 142 at my lowest and I was definitely still fat and roley poley. But I have a very small frame. I hate it. For someone that struggles with weight, it would be nice to not have to struggle with this all the way down to such a low weight for my height. And I also just picked that number. Its possible that I might need to lose a bit more once I get there. Like others have said, just pick the number and you will really know whats good for you when you get closer. Don't forget, if you are doing a weight lifting routine, that you can weight more and be leaner. My last time losing weight I was only running, no weight lifting, so I'm hoping this time around that 130 (maybe even higher) will look good because I am lifting.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #24  
is back on the wagon!

S/C/G: 236/197/170

Height: 5'5

Just as other people have been saying... I wouldn't set a goal in stone entirely because you need to feel your way there. Everybody's body type is different, everybody carries weight differently, and loose skin is something else entirely that might cause a bit of a higher number on the scale than shows.

Everybody's goal is to be healthy, strong and happy. If you have to, don't even think about the scale. Just keep going until you can look down at yourself and say, wow, I'm happy with where I am! Satisfaction is a feeling, not a number. You'll know it when you feel it and the scale's not going to tell you. Just rely on your own feelings and comfort, that's your best judge.

Maybe it's way higher than you think or even a bit lower... just keep going until you find what you're looking for.
fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/194.6/160

Height: 5'1

I think picking a goal is really hard. I've had doctors and nutritionist both tell me that at 5'1 I should weigh only 115 lbs at most. I got down to that weight once before my first child and I looked anorexic. My problem? I was gifted with an hourglass figure on a farm girl's frame as in...I have what my grams called birthing hips, a narrow waist, and broad shoulders. Even as a young girl I had to wear larger t-shirts to fit my shoulders in them. My ideal weight is around 140 but I'm setting a more manageable goal at 150-160 lbs.

Dakota

Last edited by DakotaTrace; 07-07-2014 at 12:27 AM.
DakotaTrace is offline   Reply With Quote