3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   PUT A FORK IN IT AND CALL ME DONE!!! I'm at Goal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/274647-put-fork-call-me-done-im-goal.html)

Roo2 01-31-2013 06:44 AM

PUT A FORK IN IT AND CALL ME DONE!!! I'm at Goal

[:hat::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Put a fork in it and call it done I'm at Goal!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:
I hope I can share my story without anyone being offended!!
As a child I was always a Skinny little Kid.When they would line you up in school to take class photos I was number 2-or 3 in line Shortest - Tallest.
Growing up I could eat all the Junk I wanted never gain weight or even have a cavity from eating soo much junk.
Fast forward got when I got married I was a Whopping 95 lbs and Bra size 28AA.
Got Pregnant gained 50lbs to my Amazement!! Joined Tops and lost all of Baby weight and down to 103 lbs ! I dropped out of Tops cuz the ladies were kind of resentful when I would weigh in every week and I felt uncomfortable when I was the 1 that lost the most weight.
So over the years that would be my pattern I would gain weight and the lose it .
I had an injury that required an accurate weight and the nurse took my weight prior to me being prepped..stepped on the scale...212lbs thought I was in a horrible nightmare.:?:
I had over the years switched from wearing mostly jeans to the all forgiving Sweats!! yes I knew I had gained weight but I did not know I was over the dreaded 200 lb range and being very short to boot!!!
My husband was in the room and did not see my weight...but he had an idea that I was not at all Happy!
Fast forward ..I began feverishly investigating weight options.
Got pre qualified for WLS checked benefits and even picked out the Surgeon.
Husband got injured so ..pushed back appt.
Family member came in and we discussed my weight and shared my plans was persuaded to give Ideal Protein a try because weight loss would not be any faster and risk was not worth it.
After my family shared their concerns for my health I agreed.
I started on my journey the end of June 2012 and today On January 31st 2013 I have reached my goal!!
I think things in life happen for a reason...this journey was difficult.
See I have lived on both sides of the spectrum of weight issue
and this may not be a popular thing to say but people can be envious and think oh that's easy for you to lose weight ! Well it wasnt!!
I had to do a lot of soul searching and decide which way to go and not it been for my family's weight loss intervention would have had WLS.

here's a little bit of my background...

I work in Healthcare and have taken care of Gastric Bypass patients in the past years ago in the ICU and Stepdown Unit of A major teaching Hospital,so I have been exposed to a variety of things.
I am not saying my decision is right or wrong for anyone ..this is My story so please don't think I have an Agenda ...This is the path I chose!!
It worked for me ..everyone in life gets to paint they're own picture.
119.2 lbs if someone years ago told me I would be Thrilled to have that be what I saw flashing at me on the scale I would have never believed them!!!
Good Luck to everyone and may you all reach the goals that you strive for in life. I realize how truly blessed I am . I am Grateful for all the people that have supported me and given me encouragement along the way.:hug:
Roo2

penmage 01-31-2013 06:48 AM

:bravo: Way to go!!

db1982 01-31-2013 09:07 AM

I don't know what it was that you have done to lose it, but you sound happy and that's great! good job!

NorthernChick13 01-31-2013 09:32 AM

Congratulations!!!! I wish you all the best in maintenance :)

April Snow 01-31-2013 11:14 AM

Congratulations, great job!!

De11s 01-31-2013 04:32 PM

Your story is amazing!! I know how it is to be short.. You are truly an Inspiration!! Thank you for Sharing.

amandie 01-31-2013 04:43 PM

Awesome!!!! Sooo happy for you!!!

PS db1982- she said she did Ideal Protein to lose her weight. Originally she was going to do WLS but was persuaded to try IP first.

Fluffypuppy 01-31-2013 04:45 PM

Amazing! Wtg!

RavenWolf 01-31-2013 06:58 PM

That is awesome! I'm over 200 and short, so I know how that is! I also wasn't "always fat," and know what it's like to be on the other side.

Did you work out along with the Ideal Protein? If so, what were you doing?

Just curious!

Congrats on your amazing journey!

db1982 01-31-2013 07:29 PM

yea I don't know what Ideal Protein is...

Mozzy 01-31-2013 07:50 PM

Congrats!!!!

namaste984 01-31-2013 07:54 PM

That's awesome! Way to go!

kaelah 01-31-2013 10:06 PM

Fabulous job!

WorldTraveleronIP 02-01-2013 07:51 AM

Congratulations!! That is incredible and thank you for sharing your story!

alexmichelle05 02-01-2013 10:58 AM

Congratulations, youre very inspiring!