Goal reached, 116 lbs lost

• Hi,
    I am a 55 year old guy, mostly lurker, and wanted to thank the other members for the tips, inspiration and humour that kept me on track! I did not follow a specific plan, but kept a mental count of my approximate calories, around 1200 daily. I completely eliminated refined sugar and grains, and found that I was never hungry (for me, bread is the worst for creating cravings). I have a terrible sweet tooth, and have become addicted to diet Mountain Dew, probably 2 litres a day Another healthy sweet treat I have is 8 liquid egg whites beaten with 8 packs Splenda... 120 cals of sweet protein! Exercise is power walking (2-3 miles, twice a day) or cycling (20 miles in the country, very relaxing) as well as pushups/leg lifts. I have a lot of sagging skin, but prefer that to fat!
    I am now undergoing testing to become a living kidney donor, so far so good!
    Thanks again, on to maintenance!
  • Congratulations! Best wishes with your maintenance and organ donation.
  • Great Job!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Congrats! And what a wonderful gift to give! Keep up the hard work.
  • Good luck to you.
    Recently learned that sugar substitutes are worse than sugar. Try to reduce your Splenda, you will see difference.
  • Many congrats - keep up the good work
  • Woo hoo! Congrats to you!
  • Great job, congratulations, it doesn't sound like the most healthy diet in the world, but if you get a clean bill of health re: organ donation , who can complain ?