3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Success Stories > Goal!

Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

65 pounds and GOAL!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #1

S/C/G: 206/147/140

Height: 5'3"

Default 65 pounds and GOAL!

Well I did it. I've gone from a size 18 to an 8 (and a 6 in some things). Honestly, when I decided about 9 months ago that I was DONE being so heavy, I didn't think I would get this far. I figured if I got 40 lbs off, that would be huge, and probably the best I could hope for.

I credit much of my success to reading posts here. I cobbled together my own diet/exercise plan from reading what others have done. Initially I cut out the junk/fast food, and replaced them with the fresh fruits and veggies I had basically ignored for years. I didn't write down calories etc, but had an awareness of if I was eating low/high calorie.

I started Curves, going 6 days a week religiously.

As I started to see results, I started paying more attention to the food I was eating, and learned to not just see high calorie/low cal, but to understand what actual nutrition I was getting from everything. I can honestly say that the way I eat now, which I am extremely satisfied with, is not something I ever would have imagined. It's like once I started giving my body a chance to have REAL food, GOOD food, that's what it began to crave, and I have no desire to ever go back to the way I used to eat.

After about 6 months, I didn't feel like I was going to get any more out of Curves (though it was an excellent place for me to start, I think) and joined a real gym, working with real weights. Again, my motivation for this came from reading so many posts here. I read the New Rules of Weightlifting, do some of the things from there, and some I worked out with a trainer at the gym.

Trying not to write a novel here, but I really want to say to anybody just starting your weight loss project- just start. I did this in a looonng series of baby steps, and they led me further than I ever thought I could go, or even wanted to go. The most important thing I learned was that, once I got started, I felt sooooo good, that it was not only easy to keep going, but fun. I would never in my wildest dreams have imagined myself as a person who prefers the healthier fare in a restaurant, or who would be happy that my vacation spot had a gym handy (which I used!), that I would ENJOY working out....

I started this all because I was sick of the way I looked and knew I'd be less tired and achey if I took the weight off. I thought getting to a size 12 would be great. I can't tell you how fun it is to go to a clothing store and look forward to trying things on, having them look good on me, not having to buy things just because they fit... I love getting dressed for work every day in flattering clothes. And I thought that would be the most important thing. But knowing that I have muscles, tone, stamina, energy- I can't even describe how much better I feel. I feel about 10 years younger!

I'm going to call this goal, because this was my "unrealistic" number that I chose, since it puts me in a non overweight BMI. I feel pretty good about where I am, but figure continuing to lift weights, my body will still change some (still have some gut I'd like to see disappear!) I quit actively trying to lose a few weeks ago and seem to be doing pretty well on maintenance (fingers crossed). A great thing about lifting 3 x a week is I seem to burn a lot more calories now than I did even when I eating less and doing Curves 6x a week.

Anyway this has been long enough, but I'm so excited, and I have to say again that I got so much great advice and inspiration from here. Thanks to all of you, and good luck to everybody working towards your goals!
makingthechanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #2

Height: 5'4" Age: 32

Congrats! And post photos!
Start: 210 on Nov 5
Goal: 160 by Feb 24
Final Goal: 135

Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Yay for lifting! Enjoy being fit and strong!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #4

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations !
Goal 12/21/2007
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #5

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Let's try this again!
Mini Goal 1: 230.0
Plan: South Beach
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Fantastic job! You made a plan and stuck to it! CONGRATS!

GOAL Photos & Story
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Mini-goal 1: Reach 257lbs
Mini-goal 2: Reach 222lbs
Mini-goal 3: Reach 209lbs
Mini-goal 4: Reach 199!
Mini-goal 5: Reach 179 lbs (overweight BMI category!!)
Mini-goal 6: Reach 160lbs
Final goal: Reach 145lbs

Mini exercise goal 1: Begin running September 2012
Mini exercise goal 2: Celebrate graduation with a 5K
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #8

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Congrats!!!!! Yay post photos!!

May daily weigh in

Till I hit mini goal!!!
Mini goal #1 200 getting back fit!
Mini goal #2 175 lower bmi range
Mini goal #3 160
Final goal !!! 145
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.