Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 07-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Voted again.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #62  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

voted

bump!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #63  

[quote=Heather157;4376706]Hi Guys! Here's my goal story!

Height: 5’7”
Before Weight: 315
After Weight: 157
Total Lost: 157 (half my body weight!)

When I was in my early 20s my mom was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) I moved home to become her primary caregiver for three years until she passed away. Taking care of her and then losing her had a devastating effect on me. I started to cope in really bad ways, overeating, drinking to excess and smoking a pack a day. After 10 years of coping with food I topped the scales at 315 pounds.

I decided I needed to make a drastic change when I realized that I couldn’t be an active mom to my then 3 year old son. I couldn’t run around with him at the park or get down on the ground and play with him at home. I realized that I needed to make some significant life changes if I wanted to be around and see him grow up.

It all started with a bet with a coworker to see who could lose 40 pounds faster. I signed up for a sprint triathlon to keep me on track and help motivate me to add exercise to my weight loss program. By the time that first sprint triathlon came around I had lost 80 pounds. I did it slowly. By switching out full fat items for lower fat, by eating lots of protein, by cutting out empty calories like alcohol. I lost less than a pound a week. It was frustrating at times because I wanted it NOW! But I eventually learned that slow & steady wins the race. That first triathlon was life altering for me. It gave me the belief that anything is possible and that if I kept doing what I was doing I could continue to lose weight and get fit. I fell in love with triathlon and continued signing up for more and more races. I was hooked. Over the past few years I’ve completed 1 10k, 2 half marathons, 4 sprint triathlons, 3 olympic distance triathlons, 3 half-Ironman triathlons and 2 full Ironmans (IM Louisville 2010 and IM Canada 2011)

I’m currently trying to win a slot into the 2012 Ironman World Championships in Kona through the Kona Inspired program. The Ironman folks are giving away a handful of slots to inspirational athletes who best embody the mantra “Anything is Possible” I’ve uploaded a short 90 second video that chronicles my huge life changes here (lots of before & after pics!):

http://bit.ly/NJzNT5

Racing at the Ironman World Championships would be a dream come true and would be the exclamation point on my weight loss journey. If you’re feeling inspired please click “Vote for this” under the video to the left and share with others who need inspiration in their weight loss journeys! (you can vote once per day through July 4th 2012)

I really believe there are no quick fixes. It takes daily dedication and attention to nutrition and creating an active life. But if you do that, Amazing change is possible!

Before

After

Lots more before & Afters here:

Just remember to keep moving forward and you'll get there too!

Heather[/quot

Voting again !
Old 07-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #64  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

voted! wow u have done a miracle ( i only dream to loose half of my weight)
irinaelenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #65  

Amazing ~ you look great ~ and I voted
AaronandChristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #66  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

vote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #67  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 315/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys! Thanks again so much for your kind words and amazing support! Today is the last day to vote! I'd appreciate your vote & if you're feeling inspired re-sharing on FB is super helpful too!

Thanks again!

Heather
Heather157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #68  

[quote=bargoo;4391086][quote=Heather157;4376706]Hi Guys! Here's my goal story!

Height: 5’7”
Before Weight: 315
After Weight: 157
Total Lost: 157 (half my body weight!)

When I was in my early 20s my mom was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) I moved home to become her primary caregiver for three years until she passed away. Taking care of her and then losing her had a devastating effect on me. I started to cope in really bad ways, overeating, drinking to excess and smoking a pack a day. After 10 years of coping with food I topped the scales at 315 pounds.

I decided I needed to make a drastic change when I realized that I couldn’t be an active mom to my then 3 year old son. I couldn’t run around with him at the park or get down on the ground and play with him at home. I realized that I needed to make some significant life changes if I wanted to be around and see him grow up.

It all started with a bet with a coworker to see who could lose 40 pounds faster. I signed up for a sprint triathlon to keep me on track and help motivate me to add exercise to my weight loss program. By the time that first sprint triathlon came around I had lost 80 pounds. I did it slowly. By switching out full fat items for lower fat, by eating lots of protein, by cutting out empty calories like alcohol. I lost less than a pound a week. It was frustrating at times because I wanted it NOW! But I eventually learned that slow & steady wins the race. That first triathlon was life altering for me. It gave me the belief that anything is possible and that if I kept doing what I was doing I could continue to lose weight and get fit. I fell in love with triathlon and continued signing up for more and more races. I was hooked. Over the past few years I’ve completed 1 10k, 2 half marathons, 4 sprint triathlons, 3 olympic distance triathlons, 3 half-Ironman triathlons and 2 full Ironmans (IM Louisville 2010 and IM Canada 2011)

I’m currently trying to win a slot into the 2012 Ironman World Championships in Kona through the Kona Inspired program. The Ironman folks are giving away a handful of slots to inspirational athletes who best embody the mantra “Anything is Possible” I’ve uploaded a short 90 second video that chronicles my huge life changes here (lots of before & after pics!):

Racing at the Ironman World Championships would be a dream come true and would be the exclamation point on my weight loss journey. If you’re feeling inspired please click “Vote for this” under the video to the left and share with others who need inspiration in their weight loss journeys! (you can vote once per day through July 4th 2012)

I really believe there are no quick fixes. It takes daily dedication and attention to nutrition and creating an active life. But if you do that, Amazing change is possible!

Before

After

Lots more before & Afters here:

Voting again
Old 07-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #69  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 315/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Hi Guys! Thank you SO MUCH for all your support. Because of all your votes I WON A SLOT AT KONA! I am so excited. This is a once in a lifetime experience for me. I can hardly believe it! Thanks again !!!

Heather
Heather157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #70  

Great news ! Keep us posted !
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

AWESOME!!!

Have a wonderful experience...you deserve it!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/131

Height: 5'2"

You are such a rock star... good luck and have fun!!
amyaimeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 304.4/297.8/175

Height: 5'10"

You are truly inspiring. Congratulations! I am starting out where you were... minus the drinking and smoking. My goal is to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon.
Gianna175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4.75"

Congratulations! Remember you have all of our support and good wishes going with you!
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #75  

What a great accomplishment and you look so much younger and regained your youthful girlishnish something that I hope to attain too!
CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE AWESOME!
gmadoll is offline   Reply With Quote