3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Have Met Goal but Still losing! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/255228-have-met-goal-but-still-losing.html)

GeorgiaLady 03-20-2012 02:49 PM

Have Met Goal but Still losing!

This may sound silly but I reached my goal a couple of months ago and I have tried to work on maintaining that weight but I am still slowly creeping down the scale. My husband is worried that I'm just going to continue to lose weight. I am basically sticking to the way I ate to lose the weight just eating a bit more. I eat small snacks or mini meals throughout the day and I really don't ever want a lot to eat. I think my stomach has shrunk. I average about 1800 calories a day and really am surprised I am still losing. Anyone else have this happen to them?

sontaikle 03-20-2012 05:43 PM

Yep!

I hit goal at 125. I saw 114 on the scale a couple weeks ago. I haven't weighed myself since then, but it's clear I'm failing at this whole maintenance thing.

Per the suggestions of some of our members, I scaled back my exercise just a little bit and upped my calories.

It's been hard for me to get everything I need in (like you, I just don't feel the need to eat as much) so I eat more snacks, drink protein shakes, and eat a handful of nuts in the evening if I'm still short.

And I always loved eating peanut butter out of the jar. Sometimes instead of a handful of nuts, I'll eat a spoonful of peanut butter...yum!

carolr3639 03-20-2012 09:16 PM

This happened to me a long time ago and I wished I hadn't worried about it because eventually the weight crept back up.

SanityNow 03-27-2012 01:41 PM

What's wrong with still losing weight?

VermontMom 03-28-2012 09:17 PM

GeorgiaLady!!! do you remember me? I remember you from Doin It the Old Fashioned Way!!! congrats on being TINY! :carrot: :D

GeorgiaLady 04-03-2012 05:42 PM

Thanks.....

Thanks Vermont Mom....I do remember you....remember aphill and all her posts...I still count the calories every day....even did it when I wasn't really sticking with a plan and the numbers were way high.

Going through the change now and eating healthy and plenty of calories but still slowly losing. Someone said it might be the mini meals and how that revs up your metabolism.....I think that may be true......It's just hard for me to eat MORE.....

Going to the doc next week and seeing what they make of it. Not super worried just don't want it to continue much longer.

Thanks for remembering me!!!

FattyFatFat 04-16-2012 10:26 AM

Congratulations!!! Just don't lose so much weight you disappear! haha.

gabrielasup 04-25-2012 11:58 AM

I am still fit and my goal is it, that i want to fit n smart always.

katkitten 04-25-2012 12:47 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. If you are eating the amount of calories that you want to continue to eat for life and you are still losing then your weight will just settle where it wants to. You are not going to become anorexic on 1800 calories a day. Congratulations on your success!!

FattyFatFat 05-02-2012 02:36 AM

I think your body just needs some time to adjust to the changes, but you will be fine. Don't worry about it so much... it'll balance itself out over time. ;-)