Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

Default How much has your weight loss affected your personality and confidence?

I didn't know where to post this, but since it is kind of targeted at those who have already reached their goal, I thought that posting it here might be ok.

I have been shy my entire life, especially around guys. I've always attributed that to me being over weight and my lack of self confidence because of my weight. So, I was just curious, how much has your weight loss affected your personality and self confidence?
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. It's helped tremendously - I was always afraid to talk to everyone, guys or otherwise, because I always thought that I was being judged. Now - can't stop me from doing whatever. I. want. I think I'm a happier person because I'm not depressed about being overweight anymore and that is a huge part of it.
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm pretty much the same. I was a confident person before and I'm a confident person now.

I think the only real difference is that I have a bit more fun buying and putting on clothes!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

It's helped a lot but I think it's more that I've accomplished something that seemed impossible years ago rather than necessarily the weight loss itself. I'm fairly self-confident but definitely have certain issues that affect me more than others.

I'm married so I'm not interested in attention from guys but I do find that it's been easier for me to talk to other people/make friends more in general. A lot of it was there already but I feel like there are also more topics that I can relate to other women on (clothes, exercise etc ... I had really let myself go at my highest weight) that at my highest weight were sort of awkward conversations.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #5  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

ive lost 46-48 pounds so far and I have noticed I cant get myself to shut up! Im not as afraid of what people will think of me. I am learning to love myself and i notice that when i love myself then i dont care what people choose to see in me. I show who i am and thats me. its a great feeling. : )
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Thanks. I was at work the other day and this girl was trying to have a conversation with me about Abercrombie and Fitch jeans. Umm, sorry but I've never even been in that store because they don't make clothes my size. Was pretty awkward. So, I see your point, runningfromfat, about there being more topics to talk about after losing weight.
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

It's made a huge difference! My self-confidence has now gone through the roof after losing 56lb and I'm really enjoying my life again. I can go into shops I've never been into before and pick out nice clothes and know they'll fit me. It's an incredible buzz and the closer I get to target, the more determined I'm becoming. I think the self-confidence plays a big part in how people perceive you too. I'm the same person but was seemingly invisible before. As Jessica said, I've also learnt to love myself again and it all helps.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I am more confident but sometimes I wonder about what my husband wasn't saying about my weight 45 lbs ago.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote