30 pounds in 100 Day Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi! I finally got to my 100th day and simultaneously hit the 30 pounds loss mark!

I stayed OP every. single. day. for 100 days and worked out 70 of 100 days.

Now on to my next Challenge: training for my 1st 5K.
  • Great job my dear! I'm happy for you!
  • GREAT JOB!!!! What plan are you on?
  • fantastic, good for you!!! You should be extremely proud of yourself!
  • Thank you so much! I am so happy, and pretty proud of myself. Feels good.

I did calorie-counting in a Food Journal. Aimed for 20% fat, 30% protein and 50% carbs, although it's just a suggestion. I stayed pretty close. Averaged 1300 cals/day for each of the 100 days.

I worked out 70 of the 100 days. Started out very small, since I hadn't worked out in years. Finally worked my way up to running 2.5 miles straight, biking, weight training and taking 60 min. cardio classes.
  • That's great! Congratulations!!! Good luck on the 5K!
  • well done!
  • Yeah!!!!!
  • Wow. That's simply an unbelievable rate at your weight. You lost, what, almost two and a half pounds a week! You must have been working out very hard. Congratulations!
  • Congrats and good luck with your 5k thats a great goal!
  • Congratulations!!!!!
  • Thanks! The weight did come off really fast, but I had absolutely no cheats, clean eating and 70% excercise days. It was HARD, and I had weeks where I lost nothing, but then big whooshes.
  • I actually just started trying to lose weight... I was going to try to lose 30 pounds in about 4 months, but that puts me right around the holidays which as everyone knows is torture when it comes to trying to lose weight. So I settled for 20 pounds by the holidays... If I can maintain that through the holidays I will be happy then the additional 10 by March 1. So far I am down 4 pounds...which is kind of shocking since I really only started trying Tuesday ish...

Thanks!

Sara
  • ChiChi, that's GREAT.
    You have INSPIRED me in my efforts.
    Good luck w/phase 2 of your challenges
  • Congrats you've done really well! It's reassuring to see stories like yours