3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Lost 32# in 6 months (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/198788-lost-32-6-months.html)

Karen925 04-07-2010 06:17 PM

Lost 32# in 6 months

I made goal today. 160#, a healthy BMI of 24.33. I have decided to continue with my weight loss until I reach 145#. My average calorie intake over this 6 month period was 1167.94, and I lost 32#. I am so grateful to have done so in this short time frame. I think losing very slowly has as much risk as losing too quickly. The loss goal should be 1-2% of ones weight/week which I averaged out to be 1.33#/wk loss. I can't find the link for this but I found it very helpful as a benchmark for slow/fast.

I did not plateau, have my nails or my hair go brittle. I found counting calories brutally honest which became liberating quite quickly. It was extremely easy to do with technology available. I enjoy WATP and do 2 miles most every day. On days I don't, I find some other form of exercise. I do not sweat buckets. It is always low impact. My family has a history of knee problem. I also use shovel glove for my weight training

I have learned so many things by CC. More than when I have done any other diet though each diet contributed to my success. Everything I put in my mouth has a cost. The question is, "Do I want to pay it?

So in a nutshell, I tracked my calories, every bite, morsel, lick, used a calorie calculator (there are many of them) did an average of all of them, ignored the exercise feature on all of them (sedentary was always chosen), and rounded down. I aimed for 1300 but actually ate 1167 calories. I also found 3FC to learn tips on how to do this in various situations. Next week, I will be traveling with DH & 3 kids to Monterey CA. I have been planning on how to deal with this food situation for some time. This summer we will be travelling out west for 2 1/2 weeks. Again, an opportunity to plan. Failure to plan is planning to fail.

However, I would be terribly remiss if I didn't single out one person in particular, Bright Angel, who more than anyone spoke the truth about weight loss often enough until I could grasp it for myself. Thank you dear friend. I think of you as a friend because a true friend helps me to be better than I am. They enrich my life and I become a better woman. There are many posters on 3FC who I read every single day. They to have helped me to be a better woman.

RoseRR 04-07-2010 06:28 PM

Congratulations!

melissario 04-07-2010 08:46 PM

WTG!! :carrot:

Mickeypnd 04-07-2010 09:49 PM

Congrats on your success! :hug:

cynthialynn0313 04-07-2010 10:18 PM

Congratulations!!

Karen925 04-08-2010 12:39 PM

Thank you for your kind wishes.

Dmom 04-09-2010 05:22 PM

great job.. congrats!

spirit2010 04-09-2010 05:34 PM

Wow, what a nice post to read and answer for my first post.

Congratulations!

On diet websites I always head over to the "maintenance" section first. I learn way more from those who have succeeded than from those who are still struggling like me. This one did not fail me!

Question, though. I am counting calories as well. I honestly feel less 1200 calories is hard to maintain over a lifetime. Are you eating more now that you are in maintenance?

Karen925 04-10-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spirit2010 (Post 3240665)
Question, though. I am counting calories as well. I honestly feel less 1200 calories is hard to maintain over a lifetime. Are you eating more now that you are in maintenance?

I have not increased my calorie count as I have decided to end at 145. 160 is the weight WW gave me when I successfully did their program in the past to be a lifetime member. 145 is when I feel better in my clothes.

Except for last night at a nice dinner meeting party, I have mostly found 1200 very doable. ILast night has very heavy in pastas and white carbs, fruit, no veggies. So for the first time, I came home hungy, then I ate my carrots and asparagus spears and felt fine.

This morning I am having a 2 egg omelet with veggies, toast (1/2), jam (1tsp), butter (1tsp), v8, half & half in coffee. All for 344 calories and satisfaction all my busy morning long. Still satisfied from breakfast.

Glad to know you.

Natasha629 04-10-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen925 (Post 3241228)
I have not increased my calorie count as I have decided to end at 145. 160 is the weight WW gave me when I successfully did their program in the past to be a lifetime member. 145 is when I feel better in my clothes.

Except for last night at a nice dinner meeting party, I have mostly found 1200 very doable. ILast night has very heavy in pastas and white carbs, fruit, no veggies. So for the first time, I came home hungy, then I ate my carrots and asparagus spears and felt fine.

This morning I am having a 2 egg omelet with veggies, toast (1/2), jam (1tsp), butter (1tsp), v8, half & half in coffee. All for 344 calories and satisfaction all my busy morning long. Still satisfied from breakfast.

Glad to know you.

Karen, I am almost in the same boat as you. I am currently 164 and while I am at a healthy weight for my height I felt most comfortable when I weighed around 145. One thing I was never able to do is count calories(just don't have the patience) I've been trying to do mostly whole foods and watching portion size. It would be interesting to know how many calories I actually consome on most days. I would guess 1100-1300 :-/
I went out to lunch with a friend and had a sandwich on white bread. 30 minutes later I felt hungry again. My body had adjusted to whole wheat and sprouted bread, brown rice, quinoa etc. The high fiber really makes a HUGE difference!
Good luck with reaching your next goal :-)

mmiller2829 04-10-2010 09:13 PM

Thankyou for sharing. CONGRATS!

Getting Right 04-10-2010 09:24 PM

Woo Hoo!

kellost 04-11-2010 09:54 PM

Congratulations, Karen! You will reach your ultimate goal, no doubt about it! You are doing great!

Cglasscock1 04-12-2010 12:38 AM

Fantastic and your confidence about reaching a lower goal is great to see.
You know you can do it. That is great!

Natoshial 04-16-2010 05:10 AM

Way to go!!!