3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Skinny Mini and Lovin' It! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/185106-skinny-mini-lovin.html)

HaveCakeEat2 10-26-2009 04:07 PM

Skinny Mini and Lovin' It!

Over the years I've gone up and down in my weight which seems to be a constant struggle. My doctor told me a couple years ago that I needed to do something immediately about my health and diet to live a healthy life. Finally, after a diet rehaul, cardio boost, and plenty of support I was able to go from a size 8 and cholesterol level of 250 to a size 0 and cholesterol level of 175. No longer do I have to slam back pills to maintain my health or worry about not fitting into my jeans! Through a lot of research, trial & error, and motivation I was able to lose the weight. Every day I still work on maintaining my weight that I have lost. My favorite hobby is to create recipes and find foods that are delicious and nutritious. I find also that walking daily and having small goals (like looking great in my halloween costume) are a huge part in my success. If I can lose the weight, so can you!

AlienNatalie 10-26-2009 04:53 PM

Wow!! Jeez, congrats!! That's amazing!!

TJFitnessDiva 10-26-2009 05:17 PM

congratulations!! :)

Ma Petite 10-26-2009 05:48 PM

Good job! Thats so amazing.

Serendipity 10-26-2009 07:16 PM

Wow, congrats on the life overhaul! I'm a little surprised though, according to your profile, you're 5'8" and 118 lbs, which is an underweight BMI of 17.9. Is your doctor concerned that it's low? Normal BMI is usually 18.5-24.9, but of course everyone is different and you'll always have people fall on either side of the norms and still be healthy.

Mickeypnd 10-26-2009 08:33 PM

CONGRATS on ur weight loss!!

HaveCakeEat2 10-27-2009 09:33 AM

Yes, I am now at the bottom of my weight limit and I definitely am not losing any more - my goal now is to maintain. I've had several blood tests and exams and my doctor says I am in great health and that my weight is not too low. Members throughout my family do have a small build or structure than most, which is probably why I fall a little lower than the norm but still am very healthy. Thank you so much for your concern! I have met several women that do get too thin because they are weight loss addicts or have physical image issues. Be careful not to fall into this trap and just strive to be healthy and love yourself!

leeway 10-28-2009 12:07 AM

:carrot::cp::broc::cp:

Congrats on your success with weight loss and achieving new found health!

I see you're new to 3FC so welcome to the site - I know you'll be a wonderful addition by inspiring others with your story (and perhaps getting support in your maintainence stage). So glad to have you join us!

AR4life 10-28-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaveCakeEat2 (Post 2987840)
Over the years I've gone up and down in my weight which seems to be a constant struggle. My doctor told me a couple years ago that I needed to do something immediately about my health and diet to live a healthy life. Finally, after a diet rehaul, cardio boost, and plenty of support I was able to go from a size 8 and cholesterol level of 250 to a size 0 and cholesterol level of 175. No longer do I have to slam back pills to maintain my health or worry about not fitting into my jeans! Through a lot of research, trial & error, and motivation I was able to lose the weight. Every day I still work on maintaining my weight that I have lost. My favorite hobby is to create recipes and find foods that are delicious and nutritious. I find also that walking daily and having small goals (like looking great in my halloween costume) are a huge part in my success. If I can lose the weight, so can you!

Wow! congrats :carrot:
What worked for you? if you don't mind sharing :)

BlondeWoman 10-28-2009 12:34 AM

Awesome!

ctokarek 10-28-2009 11:13 AM

Congrtats!!!

platformnine 10-28-2009 11:20 AM

That's awesome, congrats!!!

goob 10-28-2009 02:11 PM

Congratulations! And size 0? I'll be happy if I can fit into size 5!

gerly1 10-28-2009 10:19 PM

Thats great! :)

Onederchic 10-28-2009 10:32 PM

Congrats!