Amanda's Goal Story - 133 lbs Gone Forever!

You're on Page 5 of 26
Go to
  • Pgreier - You CAN! Stay here, keep putting one foot in front of the other. If I can do it (and SO many others here can do it), trust me, so can you!
  • Thanx so much for sharing! You have done great!!!
  • Holy heck, Jasmine, when did you get into Onederland? How'd I miss it?

You're doing so well yourself! for you!
  • "About 4 months into our new way of eating, we subscribed to a Community Supported Agriculture farm, where we paid a certain amount to get whatever the farm had in season that week"

I live in Vacaville...can you give me more info on this? It sounds interesting!
  • Farm Fresh to You delivers to Vacaville on Monday nights...wake up every Tuesday to a fabulous box of organic, fresh produce...mmmm.

Sample box (this week's):

Fresh Cranberries*
    (.5 lb.)
    Baby Head Lettuce
    (6 oz.)
    Satsuma Mandarins
    (1.5 lbs.)
    Nantes Carrots*
    (1 bu.)
    Garnet Sweet Potatoes
    (2 lbs.)
    Rapini
    (1 bu.)
    Kale
    (1 bu.)
    Butternut Squash
    (1 ct.)
    Mixed Peppers*
    (.5 lbs.)
    Chard *small box only
    (1 bu.)
    Gala Apples
    (5 ct.)

The cost (delivered) for that box is $29.00, and you get one every week. Great deal, GREAT fruits and veggies. MMMM!
  • I just went to their website!! How cool!! My hubby isnt much of a veggie eater..so I'll have to convince him that the $30/week is worth it!!

I hate to admit it, but I've never heard of Kale or rapini....it would probably make cooking fun to have ingredients youve never seen and are now forced to use!!
  • Way to go! You look absolutely amazing!

Your story is a great inspiration. Thank you for sharing and congratulations!!
  • Tamara - thank you! You're doing so well!
  • Amanda! I got my veggie box today!! There are things in there I never heard of so it will be fun to experiment!! I am really enjoying the white radishes!!
  • Hooray! Veggie boxes are AWESOME. What was in it? Need help with anything?

I find that if you can't find a recipe for some weird vegetable, post a thread in the "Whole Foods Lifestyle" forum with the title "What do I do with <vegetable>?" You'll get LOTS of ideas.
  • Amanda, I'm still pretty new to the boards and you've already welcomed me and given me advice in other threads, but I've finally had the chance to read through your wonderful journey. Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS! It's amazing to read about your process and choices. You are truly an inspiration! I have found a lot of great things to incorporate into my own plan -- one I'm trying tomorrow: I'm going to try to cook a few portions in advance tomorrow... no, not try, I will cook a few extra portions Thanks for sharing
  • REady4AChange - Thank you! It is AMAZING what cooking extra portions will do - make your lunch packing SO much easier. Just grab and go! On days when I eat out or don't have leftovers, it is crazy how much harder figuring out what to have for lunch is.
  • WOW!! What an inspiring story! I can feel your excitement and confidence in your new self and it sounds great. You have done what some people say is impossible to do! Congrats!! Your will is so strong and I am sure that is what keeps you motivated to be at your best!!
  • Hot Tamale - Thank you! It definitely isn't impossible. It may take some work, but it is do-able with hard work.
  • Amanda,

You're a real inspiration! I loved your before and after pictures. And your posts and advice on the Introductions forum shows such real caring.