3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Goal! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-199/)
-   -   Amanda's Goal Story - 133 lbs Gone Forever! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal/126009-amandas-goal-story-133-lbs-gone-forever.html)

Suzanne 3FC 10-30-2007 01:03 PM

Amanda, thank you so much for sharing your story :hug: You've accomplished so much, and you've done it the right way. Slow and steady loss, nothing drastic, and you've accomplished much more than weight loss. I appreciate that you shared your tough spots, like your plateau from ****. It sounds like your goal and your final accomplishment was better health, but you look absolutely fabulous!

:congrat:

mandalinn82 10-30-2007 01:24 PM

Suzanne - oh yes, my health. I'm a little bit like Trazey though - a liar! Note that what finally drove me to lose weight wasn't my health, though I was worried about it for sure, but the idea of being in a wedding dress in front of a hundred people. In the end I got both - better health in addition to looking better and being happier. It's a win win!

JustMare 10-30-2007 03:17 PM

Wow! I have tears in my eyes! What a wonderful story, and what an awesome, inspiring story. Congratulations to you and your partner. :) Amazing!

Jane 10-30-2007 05:41 PM

Congratulations to both you and Sarah, for your weight loss success and your committment to each other. Thank you for sharing, Amanda. What an inspiration you are!

shrinkingchica 10-30-2007 05:44 PM

Oh, Amanda, you know that this is AMAZING! :)

I am so proud of and happy for you! And thank you for providing your (extra long) story; it is very thoughtful and generous to allow us all such insight into your journey.

Yay!! :yay:

mandalinn82 10-30-2007 05:51 PM

JustMare and Jane - thank you! There goes that "inspiring" word again! It really blows me away.

ShrinkingChica - You're so sweet! And I dunno about "generous" - I was pretty excited to write it (heck, I have been writing it in my head throughout the 6 month plateau).

Glory87 10-30-2007 06:39 PM

Absolutely wonderful post!! So inspiring and meaningful and beautiful. Post that recipe for pork loin, willya??

Jen

mandalinn82 10-30-2007 06:58 PM

Glory - recipe? Its the "other white meat" - you can do SO much with it. I use it in so many ways. It is great with a spice rub or marinade and simply baked, then sliced. I butterfly it, pound it flat, and lay the top with spices, roasted red pepper, basil or spinach leaves, and maybe a few laughing cow wedges, then roll it up and roast. I slice it into long strips and use it in stirfries. Once I baked it with simple spices and quickly cooked up some apple slices with cinnamon, a small amount of brown sugar, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan, creating a great "pork chops and applesauce" type dish. I've slowly simmered it in a pan of chicken broth until it is falling apart, then shredded and mixed with bbq sauce - serve in a pita for tasty bbq pork sandwiches.

I've got a vision in my head of glazing with a sauce of pumpkin butter, chicken broth, and maybe some fresh sage and a hint of cayenne. That same "pork and applesauce" type sweetness with a little difference.
Pork tenderloin, with the fat trimmed, is comparable nutritionally to chicken:

3 oz. of chicken (skinless breast, cooked and trimmed) *

140 calories; 25g protein; 3.1g fat (0.9g saturated, 0.7g polyunsaturated); 73g cholesterol

3 oz. of pork (tenderloin, cooked and trimmed) *

139 calories; 24g protein; 4.1g fat (1.4g saturated, 0.49 polyunsaturated); 67g cholesterol

Edited to add: Just be sure not to cook it to death! It is so lean, it does dry out, so cook until just firm and opaque in the center - just like a chicken breast roasted for 45 min will be dry, so will a pork tenderloin. And let it rest before carving.

Glory87 10-30-2007 08:53 PM

Thanks!!! All of that sounds fabulous - especially the part about the cheese wedges. What do you set the oven to? (I've never cooked pork!)

LisaMarie71 10-30-2007 10:03 PM

Amanda, thank you so much for sharing your amazing, inspiring story. You're just such an important part of 3FC -- I've learned so much from you and have been so happy for you as you've met with so much success. We're so lucky to have you as part of this board -- and I don't know if I ever told you how beautiful you looked in your wedding photos, but you were simply stunning!

Meg 10-31-2007 05:07 AM

Wow, Amanda, I hung on every word -- what a wonderful, inspirational story! (from a wonderful, inspirational woman :hug:) Welcome to the world of maintenance! :balloons: C'mon and check out Maintainers some time -- we'd love to have you join in. :D

WaterRat 11-01-2007 08:00 PM

Thanks for sharing the whole story. "Your" issue of Women's World finally made it to Alaska, and I snapped one up. You've done really well, and you are an inspiration. :congrat:

mandalinn82 11-01-2007 08:47 PM

Eek! Got behind!

Glory - I cook pretty much everything at "betty crocker temperature" - ie 375. This was amazingly tasty last night. The cheese wedges sort of get melty and make a sauce. Mmm.

LisaMarie - I love those wedding pictures so much. Not only was the day amazing, but I actually felt pretty. It was priceless. Thank you!

Meg - calling yourself a "maintainer" is so scary! I am trying to make the mental switch. The raising calories part...well, thats a whole other issue.

Pat - Yay! I made it to Alaska! Thank you so much! You know what? You were one of the VERY first posters that responded to me EVER here on 3FC, in a thread about whitewater rafting, back when I was too scared to start any threads. You and Junebug reassured me that I wouldn't probably fall out (and then I did. I have skills). But it was responses like yours that kept me coming here.

qaswer 11-04-2007 03:08 AM

I read all the story about successful achievement and never get bored and i am very much inspired how she got her objective with really hard work.I like these kind of personalities.I congratulate her for her great achievements.

jar1965 11-04-2007 09:01 AM

Hi Amanda! I bought and read and read and read and looked at the pictures a million times!!!!!!
Yay! Congratulations to you and Sarah! Can't wait to get there and share my story!!!! Again, Congratulations!:carrot::carrot: