Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #16  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Shananigans - thank you! "Tough as nails" is never a description I would have given myself, honestly, but in a lot of ways I guess it is true!

Jen415 - it blows my mind, and often makes me cry, to think of myself providing even a little hint of inspiration to others here. Thank you.

Midwife - I'm glad you like the recipes! We are big on eating tasty things in this house.

Ya'll seriously have me in tears, here.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much for sharing your story. Glad your knee is getting better - I followed you through the surgery and recovery. I doubt I would have been so brave. Congratulations!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #18  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Amanda, you are truly a wonderful inspiration! I've been watching your progress for some time now, right up to the wedding, and I have tremendous respect for you and your commitment to being healthy and slim. You seem to have really "gotten it" about what it takes to be a big loser!

and and a million for your success!!!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #19  
Mel

Amanda and

That is a fantastic story. I've also followed your progress here over the last year and a half and was heartbroken with you when the knee problems started. To persevere through all that show the tenacity and drive to keep you a successful maintainer!

Congratulations

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:46 PM   #20  
Moderating Mama

Gail - the knee was a blow. It was not going to stop me. Period. And you know what? You are already doing the things I did to make me so "brave" - posting here! It was a post here that gave me the extra "oomph" to push through it, so don't sell yourself short.

Jay and Mel - its so weird to me that people followed me! Of course, I was following SO MANY of the other members here, so maybe that is why it seems weird. Thank you both.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:15 PM   #21  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Amanda,
You story was truly inspirational, that was a great read! I applaud you many times over, you certainly were bound and determined to reach your goals and you did. I must say, you certainly have got it together at 25 years of age, you are so wise beyond your years, plus a cover shoot under your belt too, I think it is FANTASTIC! I'm certain your maintenance will be a breeze. I wish you and yours continued success and happiness....
~wendalyn
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #22  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for taking the time to post your journey Amanda! It was a wonderful and inspiring read!
I appreciate the enthusiasm and joy that you bring to all of your posts. You are a blessing to everyone on 3FC
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:04 PM   #23  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Amanda, I am soooo very happy for you. Not only for reaching your goal (big yay!!!! for that, of course), but for carving out a better life for yourself and for ridding yourself of those worries, the same exact ones that I had. The ones where you know that you are putting yourself at added risks for all sorts of preventable diseases and ailments. I'm just so glad you did it a younger age then I did. You are a shining example of what can be done when you set your mind to it. As if you hadn't done enough already, you then showed us all how to rise above a bad situation (your bum knee). I WILL remember that for always.

I love how you wrote and I agree with it 150%, that you need to figure out what is not negotiable and plan for it. That is soooo key.

And by the way, it was LisaMarie who first said it in her goal story, "If I can do this, ANYONE can". And then we all kinda chimed in and shared that we felt the same way.

Congratulations on a job VERY well done. I am so grateful to have crossed paths with you and I look forward to spending many years in "maintenance" with you, learning from you all the while.

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Amanda, you have been such a positive role model to those here in so many aspects of your life. Thanks for sharing yourself and Sarah with all of us here - you're like sisters to those of us who have been here awhile.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 265/135/150

Height: 5/5

Great story!
lisao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:58 AM   #26  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Amanda, you rock! Incredible stuff!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:23 AM   #27  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I'm inspired & amazed - Thank you
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #28  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 261/259/155

Height: 5'5"

I'm so happy for you and so glad you took control while you're still so young! Now you can enjoy a long and happy life that YOU are in control of!

Thanks so much for sharing! I'm so glad we have 3FC. It makes the impossible dream seem so possible! I've been dreaming of losing weight since I was twelve. Now at age 36 I'm finally doing it!
SkiniJeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:01 PM   #29  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Job well done Amanda and Sarah( sorry if spelled wrong) You both are such an inspiration , your story is just what I needed I'm so frustrated right now thanks for sharing .
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #30  
Moderating Mama

Evilwomanisshe - I don't think maintenance is a breeze for ANYONE. Still, I believe I have all the tools and strategies in place to work it every day and make this weight stay off for good.

CountingDown - I think its less that I'M so encouraging and more that when I get on 3FC, all of the support and encouragement is infectious. I see so many wonderful people helping eachother, and just get all jazzed and happy for everyone.

LisaMarie - full credit for using your quote!

Robin - It is so good to have those fears gone. Better, even, than smaller clothes in the closet. Now if my shoulder hurts, I know its probably because I did some heavy duty lifting, not because I'm having a heart attack! And I really can't thank YOU enough for the push I needed to work out and stay on plan DESPITE the knee. And me hitting goal - I think thats the proof I promised you and Heather.

HRBabe - Sarah loves all of you, even if she has never posted a single message. I talk about 3FC all the time!

Lisao - thank you! Great job on your loss also!

Nicolen and Jigglybits - thank you both.

SkiniJeni - You ARE doing it, and if you keep going, those dreams can ACTUALLY happen! I never believed it either, but its true.

Losinitin07 - Trust me, I know the frustration (remember that SIX MONTH plateau in the story?). But you CAN work through it, and if you keep on track, eventually your body gives you what you want in return.

Thank you all again, so, so much.