I never did get around to doing this! (long!)

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I moved into maintenance mode back in April, and after holding steady in the lower 150s/upper 140s for the past couple months, I finally decided it was time to make one of these!!

Story goes like this: I'd been overweight since I was a little kid. I turned five and blew up and kept blowing up til I was 13 years old and wearing a size 18/20 and weighing it at somewhere around 250lbs! I stayed there through high school, fluctuating up and down from 230-260 while I made and failed at weight loss attempts. I started college in 2008 and came into a good little bit of money and had access to an "all-you-can-eat" buffet style dining hall. Lots of partying, fast food, and unlimited quantities of food led me to my all time high of 278lbs by my sophomore year. At that point, I was scared I was going to hit the big 300, so I slowly but surely started changing the way I was living.

Fast forward to the end of 2011 and halfway through my senior year of college: I'd made it back down to 250 and was really starting to get serious about weight loss at this point, and made it to 236 around mid-January when my friend called me about my university starting a "Biggest Loser" challenge. She really wanted to do it and wanted me to do it with her, and since I was already on my journey I figured that was the best way to jump-start my efforts! The week before the competition started, I ate everything in sight -- lots of junk food and fast food because I figured it'd be a long time before I got to eat that stuff again and gained back 7lbs in a week. Holy ****, yes, that's right, lol. I went on to lose my first 25lbs through the competition and ended up getting second place. Score!

After graduation I took my graduation money and got a 2 year gym membership and set forth on my journey to get the rest of the weight off. And here I am, a year and half later and 90lbs lighter.

I started at a size 20, and am now in a size 6/28. My measurements before were 45/41/51, and now they're 35/29/37. I feel better today than I ever have in my entire life. I'm more confident, I have more energy, and overall just a better person in general. It had gotten to the point where I just felt BAD all the time, emotionally and physically and enough was enough. I did it all through calorie counting, portion control, and periodic exercising!

And now your favorite and mine: pictures!!

Before:
    (At my heaviest)

(Around 250)

During: (Sorry for the largeness of the one, it won't change!)

Now!:

(<< that's a size 6!)

I couldn't do all of this without you guys, and I want to thank you all for being there for me every step of the way!! You all are awesome, and here is my thumbs up for gratitude!! Cheers to happy, healthy lives for all!
  • absolutely GORGEOUS, Lauren! You worked so hard to get here and I am so proud of you! You look AMAZING!!!!! Thanks for sharing your story with us, you sexy beast!!
  • Lauren, you look great! Congratulations. I'm really proud of you for everything you've done. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures.
  • WOW! you look fantastic. Great job
  • You are superfantabulously gorgeous! Seriously, what I wouldn't give for your eyebrows! lol! Very inspiring mimsy, you are a hero to me. Congratulations!
  • Wow! Pretty both before and after: but now you're stunning! You must be so proud!
  • Thank you for sharing your story! You look beautiful and adorable all in one small package!
  • Loved reading this, congratulations!! You are such an inspiration!! So pretty too!
  • Oh I am so happy for you. You are a courageous woman and look what happens when you set your mind at something. You are proof that it can be done. You were and still are a very pretty person (and I love the attitudes in the pictures that is priceless!!)
  • Congrats! I've seen you posting around here, it's great to see you officially making a goal thread You look absolutely brilliant, I'm chuffed to bits for ya
  • You look great!
    Love your beautiful smile...you are so darn cute
    You have done a wonderful job...soo proud of you Girl
    Roo2
  • awesome work!!!!!
  • you look fabulous!!!! congratulations!!!!
  • Great job Lauren! I admit, I've been waiting for you to post here! On a side note, that bathing suit is adorable and looks great on you!
  • Congrats!
    Congratulations!! and it's such a perfect time in your life to get to were you want!