3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Success Stories > Goal! > Goal Photo Album

Goal Photo Album If you've reached goal, please share your before and after photos to help inspire others, and show off your new body!

150 pounds down, 82 inches lost

Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #31

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

For the last few days I have picked one of the stories in the Goal! section each day and read it. Today I read your story. I am fascinated by the human condition, especially those that have transformed themselves as dramatically as you have. You have offered a unique perspective on it that I haven't seen before. Particularly the feeling that people like you now because you are thin, and didn't because you were ... not.

I do not pretend to understand how you feel now or how you felt then and would never tell a person how they should feel. People feel how they feel and usually it's up to them to change that. But I will offer this to you as perspective. I have known many people throughout my life, and despite their personal challenges the ones that have been the most "likable" were the ones that liked themselves. Don't get me wrong, I know there are lots of shallow people out there. They have their own disorders. But it is entirely possible that more people gravitate to you now because you like you and it shows. You have accomplished something amazing and you should be proud. You did it for you and no one can take that accomplishment away from you.

PS. Shallowly, I will say you do look fantastic.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #32

S/C/G: 301/147/147

Height: 5'8"

Andrew, I only just saw your post. Thanks for taking the time to comment

I totally agree with you, people naturally gravitate towards others who outwardly convey comfort and ease with themselves. There are plenty of bigger people out there who are comfortable with themselves and I bet they are mega likeable, popular and approachable.

My own insecurities when I was bigger were born from bullying and negative, hurtful comments. It is
easy to think that we can let those ride over our heads an, in hindsight, I wish I had had the strength to ignore the twits who put me through that but I was pretty vulnerable at the time.

Now, regardless of the weight loss, I have learned to love me again. I accept that I a
who I am and that not everyone will like me (no matter what I look like) but I am a nice person and deserve due respect forthat. Perhaps that comes witha little bit of age?

I wasted years not liking myself very much but this whole journey has taught me to love myself again.

I hope that does not sound too cheesy x
lossforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #33
No more Buddha belly!

S/C/G: 273/273/140

^ not cheesy at all

What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? ~Mary Oliver
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #34

S/C/G: 294/267.4/154

Height: 5'6"

You look really amazing! Very Inspirational! Great job!
MzMoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #35
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 295.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Wow! you have done an amazing job! Love the pics! Well done!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #36
over and over again

S/C/G: 294.6/282.9/150

Height: 5'6

U look so lil now!!! Thank u for posting ur pics cause it helps me stay on track with my eating.

Every 10 lb loss gets a
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #37

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lossforlife View Post
Andrew, I only just saw your post. Thanks for taking the time to comment

I totally agree with you, people naturally gravitate towards others who outwardly convey comfort and ease with themselves. There are plenty of bigger people out there who are comfortable with themselves and I bet they are mega likeable, popular and approachable.

My own insecurities when I was bigger were born from bullying and negative, hurtful comments. It is
easy to think that we can let those ride over our heads an, in hindsight, I wish I had had the strength to ignore the twits who put me through that but I was pretty vulnerable at the time.

Now, regardless of the weight loss, I have learned to love me again. I accept that I a
who I am and that not everyone will like me (no matter what I look like) but I am a nice person and deserve due respect forthat. Perhaps that comes witha little bit of age?

I wasted years not liking myself very much but this whole journey has taught me to love myself again.

Not cheesy at all. It's a shame that, as a society, we cannot accept people for who and what they are. I have young children and I see all the time that kids can be cruel and hurtful to others, for no apparent reason other than someone looks a little different. I try to teach my children to be kinder and more understanding and hopefully that will translate into them being more sensitive as adults.

I am happy to hear that you have reconciled with yourself through the process. I'm certain it wasn't easy. Congratulations are in order, for that is a greater accomplishment than the weight loss.

30% BF: 04/15/2014
25% BF: 06/23/2014 (24%)
20% BF:
15% BF:
10% BF:
8% BF (Goal!):
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

You look amazing girl!
You hold almost 150lbs amazinglyyyyyyyy!
If I could look that awesome at 150 I would stay there lol!

Great job!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #39

S/C/G: 185/185/160

you look lovely!
Dawnberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #40

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Thankyou for sharing. You look great.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #41

S/C/G: 212/148/130

Height: 5'5

You are so svelte, chic, and stylish! Congratulations on all of your dedication and hard work...it really paid off!

-I AM MY OWN CHEERLEADER!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #42
Jez
mythbuster.

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

You are SO awesome.
Jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:48 AM   #43

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lossforlife View Post
........Now, regardless of the weight loss, I have learned to love me again. I accept that I a

Not cheesy at all and I can totally identify. I do think age has something to do with it too.

A huge YAY to your amazing weight loss. The differences between that pic in Rome and the after one are incredible and you should be very proud of yourself!

PS - I have the same mirror - hope I look as good in it at target!

Last edited by Elliemar : 04-05-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #44
Started IP 3/26/12

S/C/G: 209.5/162/150

I just want to add another congratulations on your weight loss acheivement. Not only do you look amazing, but you should feel so proud of yourself for having the dedication and motivation to accomplish your goal. Mega kudos to you.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #45

you look great!
HERMIONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.