Goal! 62 pounds lost since May (hopefully for good!)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Sorry, just don't feel comfortable having my photos up anymore. I'd like to lose some more weight, besides, so I have a new goal.
  • Congratulations! You look good!
  • You look positively incredible! I mean, wow!
  • How'd you do it? What foods did you eat?
  • Congrats!
  • Great job! You look great!
  • You look awesome!!!!!! Congrats!!!!
  • Holy schnikeys, woman, you look fantastic!
  • You look AMAZING!
  • Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you! You look wonderful!
  • WOW...you look really thin in your last pics...body shots? How much more do you want to lose?

Anyhoot...CONGRATS!!!
  • Thanks so much for all your kind words!!!

Quote: How'd you do it? What foods did you eat?
    Well, when I first started off back in May I was going to do low carb... that lasted for only 3 or 4 days, but it was enough for me to register a loss on the scale and really want to get going.

I kind of established some rules for myself -- one is that exercise was, and is, an absolute non-negotiable. I started off just walking, and then going to a walk/run or run on some trails around here. I live in some really beautiful surroundings, so it was really appealing to want to get out and be in the scenery and take in some fresh air. Later on I added Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii to keep things interesting, and in the past month and a half I added the stationary bike in lieu of so much running because I live in the Alps and we've had a fair amount of snow, so my usual trails just aren't passable and the sidewalks are sometimes iffy with the ice and snow.

I had a regular schedule, with at least 3-4 days of exercise a week, if not 5-6 times, and sometimes twice in a day. I did at least 30 minutes, if not 45 minutes to an hour or more.

I also tried to focus on having an active lifestyle in general. I'm fortunate enough to live in a place where you can take trains, or just walk to get to the store or other places (bank, post office, etc.) A lot of times I would talk a walk/run down to the bank ATM, then come back and drive to the store and do my shopping (parking on the far end of the lot as much as possible.) Sometimes I would walk or run down to one of the farther grocery stores in town, and then walk back with my groceries. Sometimes I would catch the train into the city and run to the train station (about a 10 minute run). I wouldn't include things like this in my regular exercise calculation so these worked out as extras. I've gone from being quite the couch potato to being active... it seems like I'm always moving. Even when I'm on the couch or just chilling at home I seem to always being in motion, unless I'm specifically concentrating on relaxing. Sometimes randomly whilst watching TV I'll just do some situps and pushups, or if a nice song comes on the telly or my playlist whilst I'm during housechores, believe me when I say that I'll break out into a dance! I'm sure things like that didn't hurt!

Food took a major overhaul in my life. I've been married since September 2009, and before then, I rarely cooked. I started teaching myself and learning some recipes a few weeks after our wedding... but definitely when I started getting my diet plan together, I realised that I should really step up my game a notch in terms of cooking more nutritious meals for my husband. I gathered cookbooks and recipes online as well and started experimenting, and I also started being a lot more careful about my purchases.

I use olive oil for 95% of my oil-based cooking (and use it sparingly). I use a tonne of whole foods -- way more of that than anything processed. I do a tonne of stir frys and experiment with different veggies... sometimes I use lean meats, and sometimes I do it as hearty vegetarian. I really try to make the best use of herbs and spices to load the flavor in there without a bunch of extra calories and such... My husband absolutely LOVES the stir frys... he grew up eating a lot of hearty, fatty traditional Austrian and Italian meals... I do a variety of dishes, and I've been able to take some of the traditional ones and update them healthily. I'm happy to say that my husband has also lost over 30 pounds since May!

Quote: WOW...you look really thin in your last pics...body shots? How much more do you want to lose?

Anyhoot...CONGRATS!!!
    Thanks! Hopefully I can get my husband to take some decent photos of me with the digital so I can put up some body shots... if nothing else, I guess I'll try taking some with my phone!

I'm thinking ideally I'd like to lose 15 more... but at least 5-10 would be nice.
  • wow you look great!
  • Congratulations!
  • You look fantastic! Did you hit a plateau and if so how far along were you?