Goal Photo Album If you've reached goal, please share your before and after photos to help inspire others, and show off your new body!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #31  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate your kind words.

DEDIKAYTED, plateaus are just part of the journey. They're frustrating, but I try to remind myself that awesome weight-loss lies on the other side of the stall. I honestly don't think I've ever crept out of a plateau -- a whoosh always followed.

I'm considering a more formal work-out program (e.g. P90x, etc.) I feel like I'm fit and in-shape, but I wonder if I can look more toned for the summer. I like my arms and feel like they're nicely toned, but I know that my abs could use some work. Hmm...
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:33 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/181/130

Height: 5' 3or4"

Wow!! Congrats! You look amazing!
GiggleGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:47 AM   #33  

wow! congratulations! your efforts have really paid off. just a little more and i'm sure you'll get to wear those shorts you dream of. but you look good all the same
CristinaZepol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations, you've done an amazing job!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 307/257/150 HW350

Height: 7/15/15. Restart. Reached 1st goal 10/14/15

Great job....
Slimbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for posting this terrific journey! You look amazing and I really appreciated your realistic (long-term sustainable) approach to weight loss. Congratulations and keep up the great work!

BTW, you write like a native English speaker. Are you originally from Austria? (I only ask because my husband wants us to move overseas once I finish school and I'm a bit frightened at having to operate in a foreign language for my career.) (Hope that is not too personal of a question.)

Again, congratulations.
FutureFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #37  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, I just stumbled across this thread by accident and I have to say I'm very inspired.

Over the past 8 months I've lost a little over 60 lbs but then two months ago hit a plateau that's been killing me. When I saw this, it seriously gave me hope that I'd get past it --

"I noticed that I hit a plateau right around 145 -- my weight seemed to dance around there for a while. I also hit another plateau around 130. Before that the weight loss was steady and relatively rapid. Right now I haven't really budged but I haven't been feeling all that great and it's pretty chilly besides. I'm sure that once I up my exercise I'll get losing again. I notice that if I'm stalling with my weight loss, when I go ahead and switch up exercise techniques or get more hardcore with my exercise, that helps. I also try to then keep an extra eye on what I'm eating and the food scale is right there on the counter if I need it!"

I'm the same height as you and was stuck in the 180s for years before I went up to 207 for a few months. I'm also very stuck around 145 lbs right now (ugh). I want to see the 130s so badly. It can get irritating when I plateau.

I just wanted to let you know that your post helped bring back my motivation to keep going and not stick at a weight I'm not happy with. I'd love to get down to around 110-120, but we'll see. The last time I was that light I was about 12 years old... I'm still struggling to believe I can BE smaller.

And I'm like you in that I don't care so much for curves. I have a fairly straight-shaped body and so have never had many curves to lose, so why not aim for a smaller body size, yeah?

Good luck with your goals!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #38  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestone View Post
Thanks guys!

Matilda, I'm not so into the curves deal -- for some reason I've just never really bought into that, which is why I'd like to lose more. I may finally have to accept my hourglass shape, though.

myopicmike, thanks! Hope your weight loss journey goes well! When I first rediscovered 3FC and came here back in May, it was looking at a lot of the Goal and Mini-goal stories and pics that got me fired up -- I wanted the same success other people were having, and it feels really good to taste that same success. You can do it, too! I think the hardest thing for me was being patient and not giving up, but I'm glad I didn't give up.

Gemini, that's so cool about your mom! Which part of the country is she from? We live near Innsbruck. There's a lot of fried and fatty food for sure (which my mother-in-law serves up every Tuesday when we go over for dinner. I just what I want and have learned to leave the rest. She knows that I eat differently now, and I don't think it offends her.) Sometimes I cook that stuff, too, though... I was just considering Hendl in Rahmsoße (Chicken in Cream Sauce), but decided on something a little healthier (roasting the chicken instead of frying it and drenching it in butter and heavy cream! )

I consider myself just as Austrian as American so we have some fatty foods on both sides of the ocean... And with the holiday season.... all the cakes, cookies, breads, gingerbread, etc. etc. Ahhhhh! Fortunately I still managed to do OK. I didn't have a big loss, but had some loss and have maintained lately. Next week I'm hoping to get on the ball with losing this next 5-15!

As far as plateaus, aside from getting super frustrated , I would first take a look at my eating. I would check myself, and see if maybe my eating needed some cleaning up. If so, I would make those tweaks and see what happened (making sure I wasn't snacking too much in the evening, or eating too much processed stuff, taking in too much sodium, etc.) I would also increase the amount of water I was drinking. Sometimes that would clear things up in a couple of days.

If I was still having problems, I'd look at my exercise. Had I been slacking off, maybe going down to 3-4 days instead of 5-6? If so, I would get back on the ball with that. Then I'd look at the quality of it. Was I getting at least 30-45 minutes? Or was I phoning it in, maybe doing 20 and calling it a day?

If I came to the conclusion that I was more or less doing the right amounts, I would switch things up. Had I been mostly running? Time to throw exercise on the Wii and more pushups and crunches here at home, and some time on the bike. Had I been pushing myself enough when I was running? No? OK, well then, more sprints in my running, then.

Basically it's just a thing of not falling into ruts with exercise, not letting myself get too lazy with exercise, and double-checking where I was at with my food intake. Sometimes when I would just get on autopilot it was easy to let my intake creep up and my exercise creep down without really noticing it. That's why coming to 3FC has been so good for me, because it reminds me to stay vigilant!

Either way, though, your weight loss is nothing to sneeze at! I remember how amazing it felt to lose the 30! Honestly at first, I was nervous that I couldn't do it, but I'm so excited that it did happen. I'm sure you can move on from your plateau. I've noticed that the longer the plateau, the better my body reponds when I shock it into getting going losing again -- that's the up side of plateaus!

lora m - thanks! I hardly ever made anything at scratch at all before I got married... it's great to have someone to cook for that I *want* to cook healthy, tasty things for... whatever motivates, I guess!

I love that you totally obliterated your goal weight.... I hope that I can do the same thing, in time!

Haha if I lost mine I would be highly upset
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #39  

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Congrats on the weight loss. Thank you for posting. Wish I saw the thread in time to see the pics.
peasandcarrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #40  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peasandcarrots View Post
Congrats on the weight loss. Thank you for posting. Wish I saw the thread in time to see the pics.
Thanks for the well-wishes! Yeah, I felt a little self-conscious with them up, sorry. Who knows, maybe that will change... maybe I'll post pictures when I hit my second goal.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote