1 year--Size 14-->8

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hey ladies! I am new here but I was going through my pictures today and was happy to see the progress that I have made after starting my workout and weight loss journey from about a year ago.

I want to eventually get down to a size 4 (though I may find a 6 more realistic to maintain). I definitely have my bad eating days but my choices are still so much better than they used to be. I workout at least 5 times a week and actually enjoy going to the gym. I have plateaued for the past few months, but I know I've gained muscle and toned up a bit. Still, I want to start restricting calories again to reach my goal by summertime!! Thanks for the support.

• Congratulations, you look great!

Oh and...
  • Great job!
    Excellent way to ring in the New Year, charlottekelsey!!!!
    Congratulations. Your accomplishments are healthy and inspiring.

Jean
  • Wow thats amazing!!!! Thats so great!!
    These stories help inspire and motivate me to continue and not give up on my goals
    Care to share some tips/suggestions that you did to reach this goal??
  • Congrats on all your success so far - not only have you lost all those pounds but lots of inches too - how great is that! You're absolutely beautiful in all the photos but with the after photos, you've bumped it up a notch - you look healthy, happy and radiant - like a model, gorgeous! - WAY TO GO

Glad to have you join us for the rest of your journey - you'll be a great addition and an inspiration to others - keep up the good work!

All the best,
    Lee
  • Quote: Wow thats amazing!!!! Thats so great!!
    These stories help inspire and motivate me to continue and not give up on my goals
    Care to share some tips/suggestions that you did to reach this goal??
    Thank you!! Trust me, I joined this website for a reason...inspiration is so so so important for weight loss, maintenance, and just life in general! Choosing to live a permanently active lifestyle and realizing that there was no quick fix really got me to be realistic with weight loss.

*I've found that it all comes down to calorie deficit. I joined 24 Hour Fitness and started going a few times a week, eventually increasing along with my fitness level.

*I cut out the things I knew I couldn't keep away from that had no nutritional value (simple sugars, white starches, etc.) I am not great with portion control so I definitely load up on dense non starchy veggies to keep me full between/during meals.

*Because I like to keep my metabolism revved, I aim to eat 5-7 small meals a day (180-300 calories) depending on how active I am.

*Celery has lately been great at filling me up after dinner...I try to go to bed satisfied/a little hungry so that my body can burn fat while I sleep.

*EAT BREAKFAST! Even if you aren't hungry because you didn't have a deficit the night before, eat an apple or something to kick start your metabolism.

My staple foods:
    *OATMEAL (Quaker's Weight Control, Low Sugar, and Sugar Free, or slow cooked oats are good sweetened with Stevia or raisins and a few almonds)
    *Sweet Potatoes
    *Turkey, Beef Jerky (after a workout I sometimes stop by 711 and NEED something!)
    *FAGE Greek Yogurt 0% (great with blueberries, granola, sweet potato)
    *Almonds (portion control is super critical but they are great Omega 3's)
    *Organic Crunch Peanut Butter (again portion control is key here)
    *Egg Whites (great protein source)...make yourself a nice big omelette
    *Whole Wheat English Muffins (Make a breakfast sandwich w/ eggwhite!)
    *Apples (BUY HONEYCRISP--they are the best apples ever.
    *Bananas

I am always on the go so I always carry something with me if I will be out for a few hours. Sadly, the majority of places in America besides grocery stores don't have ready-to-eat veggies/protein so always be prepared for your hunger strikes. And...DRINK WATER!
  • Congrats on your success - and great tips, I couldn't agree more about the oatmeal, breakfast, creating a calorie deficit, etc.

Keep up the great work and you'll be at goal in time for swimsuit season!
  • Congrats. You look wonderful!
  • Congrats - you look terrific!
  • Thanks for posting your pics, they are very inspiring. Way to Go!
  • great job
  • Great work!
  • You have come such a long way, you look much healthier now. Congratulations on your weight loss! You are a beautiful looking woman.

Btw- what does your tattoo say?
  • You look fantastic!
  • Great job, thanks for sharing!!!