General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 11:06 AM   #76  

Default WOW

GREAT UPLIFTING POST, have to pick up angelina from school and i am still in my excercise clothes, so i have to go, but i will write more later.

good for you.

i am back, you are so right on the money about everything you said.(whats a fat girl to do) i like that. we just have to eat a little bit of everything. i am still gonna lean a little more towards the protiens, they do fill me up. here is what i had so far today:

homemade broccoli soup 1/2 cup, didnt really measure but i know it was about that, 2 slices of cheese with chickbreast in between, the lean kind of course. and 2 cups of water. that was 7:30 this morning and it is about 11:50 now and i am just starting to want lunch. i got 2 more glasses of water down and excercise is done. so ya see protien in the morning is working out best for me. on ww it is a 9 point breakfast, but i am trying not to follow any specific plan strictly.

enjoy time without kids, hope your anniversary was fun, congratulations.

hope everyone else is doing great. would like to hear from ya

Last edited by willbethin; 10-25-2001 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2001, 01:44 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

You do my sort of thing Willbethin-I will eat eggs for dinner and pizza for breakfast -I never set certain foods for breakfast or lunch.
Glad you are having a great day-me too!
Aphil
Old 10-25-2001, 08:19 PM   #78  

yea, i could eat anything for breakfast, never really ate breakfast food for breakfast. just another freedom we have on no diet approach, just eat what we feel like it, but we have to get a hold of how much we are eating. stop when we feel full. we can do this.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:05 AM   #79  

Default hi everyone

how is everyone doing, maybe some of us are falling of program or are just plain busy, for me it is both. i am still struggling to find a right eating plan that will work for me. i am truly addicted to carbs. i am trying to eat less carbs, and eat less. i havent lost any weight, but i havent gained either. i am really trying lose this weight, been on and off lately.

hope all is well. with everyone. would love to hear from you all.
Old 11-05-2001, 03:50 PM   #80  

Hi Willbethin,
Been really busy, just closed on pour new house Thursday, and got possession this weekend. We are busy painting, doing some repair work, and picking out carpet, vinyl, etc.
I am holding steady at 197-haven't lost or gained either. I am working really hard on this house so maybe by the time we are ready to move I will be down a pound or two.
We need to remember food is not the enemy!!! Some foods are better than other, but for the most part, it is our habits and emotions that cause us to overeat. Food is associated with weddings, parties, holidays, funerals-we eat to celebrate, calm our nerves, feed our souls when we are upset-finish a granola bar here and there that our child didn't so we don't "waste it." Most of us today do not eat solely for hunger. That is the problem. We cannot go to the movies without having popcorn or jujubes- Halloween has just passed, and what started as a celebration honoring the dead turned into a candy orgey! Who decided that celebrating Jesus' birth at Christmas had to include ham and pies?!!!
Food should be enjoyed, but we let our emotions and family traditions tell us when to eat instead of our tummys!
Let's get a hold of ourselves!
We can do it!
Aphil
Old 11-05-2001, 05:07 PM   #81  

Default Great post

always love hearing from you. a couldnt agree more with everything you said. emotions, holidays you are so right. we do let them tell us to eat.good luck with the move, that can be so hectic. glad to hear you are alright, and at least we are not gaining. for the first time in a couple of weeks, i am haveing a great day, with water, excercise and eating plan. feel like i am comeing back.
Old 11-06-2001, 10:09 AM   #82  

I am so glad you are having a great day-me, too!
My father just told me for a housewarming gift he is going to get us new living room carpet and new vinyl in the kitchen! They came over last night and we picked out the colors!
I was thinking Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and was wondering if you knew the best things to eat at this time of year.
Roasted/baked turkey is obviously better than deep fried, and white meat has a lot less fat and calories. Pumpkin pie is better than any sort ending in "cream" and the pumpkin has a lot of antioxidants. Baking thedressing/stuffing in a pan or making it on the stove is better than stuffing the turkey with it because it can't absorb the fat from the meat. Homemade gravy is one of the worst culprits, because it is made with drippings from the meat, so that would be the one thing I would definitely avoid-and light Cool Whip over real whipped cream on your pie is a better choice.
I hope you, too are doing well-and you are right-this remodeling and moving business is really hectic.
Take care,
Aphil
Old 11-06-2001, 10:52 AM   #83  

Default hi aphil, and all

what a great house warming gift, that helps alot. looks like you answered you own questions about what to eat. you sure know what you are talking about. but i am afraid i cant help you with it, because this year i have a whole new attitude about the holidays.

thanksgiving is one day. not all november. so i am going to eat and enjoy, not pig out, but not worry about it so much. i need to eat what everyone else is eating or i will be miserable. just to eat a little of everything. so from now till then, be in control eat healthy, excercise, drink water, and then on that one day i will enjoy without guilt. try not to have leftovers around the day after. and get right back on the next day.

untill christmas. or christmas eve , they are both big eating and drinking days for our family. they are only days out of our lives, no need to pig out from thanksgiving till new year's eve.

if there are treats lying around, we have to have a little not pig out on them. we have to take control, instead of not having any at all. of course this is gonna be hard, but it is the only way we can eat what we want and still lose weight. we have to make the holidays enjoyable, instead of focusing on if we will blow all of our sensible eating plans, if we enjoy the holidays.

we know what to do , lets just do it.

glad you are going well too.

i dont even want to say it but i am haveing another good day, with attitude, food, excercise and water. i have to keep this up. the only thing i can tell you that i am doing this week different is, i am eating less carbs, i usually eat breakfast at 7:30, but i am waiting until 9:00 and for one meal a day is when i try to have my carbs. this is what is working right now, who knows, i am eating what i want when i want. just trying to eat less of it.
Old 11-08-2001, 01:01 AM   #84  

Hi everybody! What a nice thread here. I've been posting on the everyday excercisers for awhile but thought I'd check this one out too. My name is Pamela, tupo girl is really typo girl but I uh made a typo. I gained 60 pounds while pregnant with my son in 2000 and really started getting my butt in gear this July. So far, I have lost 29 pounds by excercising and eating better. I try to stop eating when I'm full. At a party, I try to have the one dessert that appeals to me the most instead of trying them all. I'm trying to make November a no sweets month as much as possible so I can enjoy that pumpkin pie and 20 different kinds of Jello salads at Thanksgiving (ok, I won't try them all!). It's nice to read all of your posts and I find your attitudes very refreshing!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 11-08-2001, 06:39 AM   #85  

Angry welcome typo,oops tupo

glad to see another face around here. congratulations on your weight loss, i have neve stuck to a program long enough to lose that much.

on april 28th thats my birthday. i decided no more diets, i turned 36. i was losing weight, without so much effort, just drinking water, excerciseing and eating what i wanted to just less of it.. trying to get control. it was working, but slowly, cause i wasnt starving myself. well after a while i started letting myself eat more and more cause i was getting inpatient with this process that works. since then, i had gone back to ww points, no diet approach, to low carbing and back again.

now i am back to just trying to cut down on carbs, but pretty much eating what i want when i want, just less of it. usually wiegh in on friday morn. but might start wieghing in on mon. morn, since i just got recommitted to no dieting. on mon.

i had lost 13 lbs and recently gained two of them back, so i am stopping before i gain it all back. i have 50 more lbs to lose. i am 5'3 female, highest weight 189 lost 13 i was 176 current weight 178 goal weight is 125.

it sounds like you have a great plan. keep up the good work. let us know how you are doing.

Last edited by willbethin; 11-08-2001 at 06:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:30 AM   #86  

Talking Welcome tupo!

Hi!
Nice to see someone new-Willbethin and I were beginning to feel deserted around here. I don't know if the others switched threads, or if they fell of the wagon!
Tupo, I am 26, and I was 200 after my daughter, who is now 3. I got down to 158 by calorie counting and exercise, and then a month later got pregnant with my son-sho is now 6 1/2 months. I weighed in at about 199 after him, so I am now trying to lose it again. I lost a few, had some health problems and had to stop cutting calories for a while, but now am able to start doing more.
Willbethin and I have been having trouble lately getting motivated enough to really get with it.
I knew I was heavy after my daughter, and what really gave me the motivation after her was when I entered her in a baby pageant and my stepfather video taped me taking her up on stage to get her trophy. I watched that tape later and cried because I saw how terrible I actually looked.
I know I am big now, but I think it is going to take another bad moment to really get me in gear again. I hate the way I look-and actually I could live with being heavier, but it is this awful flabbiness in my upper arms and inner thighs I hate the most. I have been looking at pictures of myself from last summer after I lost the weight from Jasmine, and I was exercising a lot and my thighs looked halfway decent-and I had a cute bathing suit.
It's not just the fat, either. I hate my hair, my skin tone has changed after having Raiden, nothing is right anymore!AAHHHH!!!
Tupo-please get my butt in gear!!!!!
Better go for now! Glad to have you!
Aphil
Old 11-08-2001, 11:52 AM   #87  

hi guys, aphil, sorry you are not getting motivated, there are so many things i hate about myself. that is why i have to change before i get into depression mode. i guess your sickness really did make your body go through a bunch of yucky changes.

but i will not have you talking so negative about yourself, even if that is how you are feeling. i want to let you in on a secret i wasnt gonna tell anyone, cause i thought i would fail again.

i have been off lately, so this is what i am doing, and i am on my fourth day of doing it. i dont know if you heard about carbohydrated addicts diet. but i started it twice before without success. the original book says to eat two meals of protiens and veggies, but you can have butter and oil too if you want. and for one meal a day you can have whatever you want. now they are saying you have to balance that one meal of veg carb and protien, but i dont. i eat a protien breakfast, i dont measure or weigh, ijust try to eat reg portions, like 3 slices of bacon instead of 6 like on atikins you tend to eat to much, and egg omlette made with 1 egg and 2 egg whites. and for lunch i usually eat what ever i want as long as it is within a one hour period. this includes sweets and maybe a cocktail or two. nothing is measered or weighed out. and for dinner, you could have proteins and veggies. nothing has to be lowfat. but like salad dressing you can have whatever you want, but one or two tablspoons with your other two meals. i know this sounds complicated if you dont have the book. there is a catch you cant eat in between meals.

this has been working this week so far, yesterday i had frenchfries for my reward meal(the one meal you can have carbs with for an hour) you can pick any meal for that, doesnt have to be lunch. i am by no means suggesting this and the weight loss is slow. but this is just an experiment i started on mon. so i will let you know if i lose anyweight on mon.

now lets get positive , you have lost weight before. you can do it again. lets get you motivated. i need to eat what i want and if that means i can have what i want once a day i have to do it this way. i can count calories which i give you so much credit for doing. i have confidence in you girl. how are you eating today?? i am babysitting so i have to jump on when i can. gotta go now. kids are going crazy. will check back with you , please dont give up. and dont stop posting, i am a little worried about you.
Old 11-08-2001, 01:10 PM   #88  

Default ahil

please ignore the program i just told you about, i am still not learning portion control on this, as i just got done my reward meal and ate entirely too much. i am very sorry , because i am supposed to be motivating you and i still dont have it all together yet. i was following the program, but i was allowed to eat all this stuff, but i eat things i dont even want cause i was allowed too.

i hope we can help each other figure this all out. i still say the only solution is everyting we want but not so much of it and everything in moderation(the old fashioned way, i also like to call it the no diet approach.) i hope i can still offer you some words of encouragement. we can help each other. i am not mad at myself or depressed, cause i am still trying.

Last edited by willbethin; 11-08-2001 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2001, 03:58 PM   #89  

Willbethin,
Don't worry about me too much-I have a terrible self esteem when it comes to my weight and body, but there are a lot of things I do like about myself. I have a great husband, two beautiful children, and as far as myself, I can make pretty things, and I have nice teeth and small slender hands. (They are the only thing on my body that is slender-ha! ha!)
You are right, I have done it before. I will do it again, I just have to get it together. As far as the Carb Addict's diet, I have read it, as well as Atkins, Susan Powter's low-fat approach, Somersizing, Zone, .....
I find the best programs are like Weight Watchers and Richard Simmons food mover, because it lets you eat what you want like calorie counting-but limits the AMOUNT you eat. You seem like you are the same way.
For now, I am going to keep working my rear off on the new house, and try to get through Thanksgiving without eating everything in sight-I will allow myself dessert, but one thing that really looks good-not a whole plate full of every pie or pudding there!
I have done pretty well today-and I haven't been gaining. I am trying to do deep breathing, and to purposely let small things like dusting furniture go longer than normal-because I am the type who stresses themselves out trying to get everything done-and end up never enjoying anything. I need to realize the world won't stop if the dishes aren't done right away! I push myself to do too much and I think that adds to my stress binges.
Well, I better get going-it is payday/Wal-Mart day in our family-ha! ha! My daughter has a Veggietales video about thankfulness and the character buys way too much at "Stuff-Mart", and Jas, being 3, thinks that is what Wal-Mart is...I must say, that is how I feel leaving there sometimes!
Take Care,
Aphil
Old 11-08-2001, 06:53 PM   #90  

Default fell off the wagon...

Hi girls! I haven't been around for a while ... and yes, I fell off the wagon, (got run over by the wheel and buried under all the junk I stuffed into my body...) but I'm still working on it.

Aphil, I know exactly where you are coming from. One of my parents brought a picture she had taken last year of me handing her son an award. The flabby arms and pregnant looking belly were enough to send anyone into depression. But like you, I have so much to be thankful for - and I've brought the other on myself with my bad habits. Congrats on the new house! What fun to have something new to decorate with the holdiays coming up!

Willbethin, I've tried every diet known to mankind (I think I've told you guys before that I'm an avid reader - and I own enough self-help/diet books to stock my own bookstore). I still try every new thing that comes along but WW was the only program I was ever able to stick to for long enough to lose a significant amount of weight.

Welcome Tupo girl. I think all of us here have been in the same boat. I gained tons of weight having two kids 17 months apart - and have struggled to lose it ever since. I'm a 43 year old teacher with a top weight of 220. I lost back down to 145 at one point (on WW) and spent 4 years gaining it all back. I've lost the same 20 pounds or so several times since. I exercise at least 5 days a week and try to keep up with my calories. Fortunately, I enjoy the exercise and stick with it, but unfortunately, I like to eat and do well until I get in from school. I know what I need to do, but that is easier said than done. I'm currently at 212, after yo-yoing back and forth, and have a hard time staying motivated with the holidays coming up. Congrats to you on the 29 pound loss! Sounds like you have got it together. Hang in there and let us hear from you.

I've got to average grades (report cards go home next week) so I guess I better get to it. Glad you guys are still here and I wish you terrific, on-target days!

Southern Gal
Closed Thread