3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Michael Thurmond's 6 week body makeover #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/9090-michael-thurmonds-6-week-body-makeover-3-a.html)

jenna 09-04-2001 02:11 AM

Michael Thurmond's 6 week body makeover #3

Hello everyone!

Denise, you are not alone! I have been so busy at the end of summer I had to give up posting.

Beachgirl, Welcome back!

BTW you two. Please don't circle my grammer errors and send this back to me. :p

I have been good :angel: and I have been bad :devil: , but I am now ready to WIN! :)

I had a question on finding out what type you are and as I re-read the information I realized I had mis-understood in it. I am not an A but a B. Hummmmm...... BUT...I am not giving up my oatmeal!!!!....LOL. So good with the splenda and cinnamon and vanilla on it.

I got out my slow-cooker and made a great dish with chicken, pea pods, carrots and potatoes and froze it in individual servings. I also made the MT chili, froze that and I am ready and armed for the week.

I truely believe "If You Don't Plan, You Plan To Fail" (simi-quote from Bill Phillips-BFL Guru). That says it all for me and food.

P.S. had hubby take my before pics....ewwwwwwww

jenna 09-04-2001 06:21 PM

Hello :) thanks for the potato tip....Becky (Beachgirl)

I am sitting here eatting my mid-afternoon meal....and it is soooo good.

The slow cooker meal I made yesterday. It has chicken breasts, potatos, carrots, onions, pea pods, chicken broth, pepper, salt and Thyme in it and a little lowfat milk to make the broth a little thicker.

It tastes great!

denisems 09-04-2001 09:26 PM

SOOOOO TIRED!!!

So glad you're back! First day of work and I'm tired, but I stuck with the program. Lots of compliments today on my weight loss. It's really gratifying when other people notice. That means I'm doing something right. Thanks for the sweet potato tip. I am a great fan of pumpkin and sweet potato pie. I guess this will do. I wish you all the best in these days ahead. I'm with you, Jenna. Planning is so important. Now I really have to be a plan queen!!! I stuck like glue to the program today. I will continue, I will survive! Powerfully yours, Denise

jenna 09-05-2001 01:46 AM

Thanks Denise! Well done on sticking with the pgrm.

I got so tired with grilling. It was nice to change the diet fair. I really like the DT chilli but added xtra cayanne pepper. Hubby and I like real "5 Alarm Chilli" :devil:

beachgirl35 09-05-2001 06:21 PM

Hi Everyone!!
Thanks for the warm welcome back. I am excited and trying to plan for each day. I am taking it one meal at a time!! I won't correct any grammar. I start typing so fast sometimes that I know I make lots of mistakes. I am also a type B, but I do the A breakfast every morning. I need my oatmeal too!! If I don't lose fast enough, maybe I'll switch to the B breakfast. I found a new sodium free spice I like. It's by McCormick. It's their "spicy" seasoning and it is really good.
I seem to do great all day, but the evening is my biggest challenge. Any suggestions or tips?
Talk again soon- Good Luck!!

luzcious 09-06-2001 11:59 AM

Where can I get more information

Hi, can someone please tell me where I can get more info about this program? I did a search and didn't get anywhere.

Thank you,
Michelle

LANA_B 09-06-2001 01:45 PM

Hi all! Don't have much time to write...it's tax return season here...I've been able to jump on to read the posts, but not write back. Sorry...

I'm in my 4th week, and starting to get stronger...I've lost 8 pounds so far, but it should've been much more...I'm a chronic weekend cheater. I am working on that!

Wanted to copy this message I posted a while back for Luzcious...gives the basics of our program...but if someone else can help me out by posting the links to the Delphi & Provida sites, that would be great...(I'm a bit illiterate in those areas!)

I'm rooting for all of you, and sticking to it this time. This is it for me! This is going to be the one I succeed with, after trying so many different ways.

BEACHGIRL: So glad to have you back! I know it seems hard, especially the 1st week, but believe me, get through the 1st & 2nd week, and it gets much easier! Stick with it!

See you gals later...gotta run!

Lana

FOR LUZCIOUS:

I am starting my 2nd week on the program, and I like it. I've done MANY diets before (incl. Weight Watchers) and I like the structure this program gives you. If I've got too many choices (like WW) then I'm pretty much going to make alot of bad ones.

The jist of the program is...

5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours)...exactly what you eat depends on your body type...I can tell you this...it's really low fat (mostly egg WHITES, chicken/fish/turkey...veggies...fruit... unprocessed carbs like potato's, rice.)

Also, you eat a protein with every meal (except meal #6, which is a fruit, but is also optional...don't have to eat #6)

NO SALT!!! You try to cut out as much sodium as possible...no table salt...garlic/onion salt...low sodium foods...I find myself shopping in the "Health food" section at the grocery store to get low-sodium salsa, spaghetti sauce, chicken broth...

NO SUGAR!!!!!!!! If you need something sweet, it's gotta come from fruit.

NO FATS!!!! No butter, oil, etc.

NO DAIRY!!!!!! No milk, yogurt, cheese, etc....

What you're allowed to eat is pretty much what God intended for us to eat...very wholesome, natural foods...not a bunch of processed junk that has alot of sugar/salt/fat/preservatives in it.

I can tell you that only after a week of doing this, I do feel better...not as tired, lethargic. I lost 5 pounds in my first week...technically, I lost 6 pounds in 5 days, but then I went to a wedding on Saturday .

As far as the exercise goes...it's 4-5 days of WALKING 45-60 minutes...using this "deep breathing" technique that gets a bunch of oxygen in your system. Then it's also 2 days of resistance training using the rubber bands they give you...however I was using free weight before, and probably will continue to do so.

So is it easy to stay on the eating program? Only if you're dedicated...you need to take the time to prepare some things ahead of time, take it with you where ever you go (in a little cooler lunchbag), and eat it when you're supposed to, and hopefully you like cold chicken! (You don't need to eat it cold, but when you're on the go...no microwave around...!)

Sorry for the "Book", but I hope I've answered all your questions! If not, let me know!!!

Lana

Oh, I forgot...gotta drink 100 oz of water a day!!! (No problem for me, did that before I even started the program!)

beachgirl35 09-06-2001 05:58 PM

new web site to check out!!

Hi everyone. Not much time tonight, but wanted to tell you about a new site you should check out. It is brand new and started by the Provida people to help those of us doing the MT program.

Not many people on there yet, but I'm sure it won't take long!! You can have questions answered by MT trainers. Hope you check it out and enjoy!! Have a great "on program" weekend!! Beachgirl

beachgirl35 09-06-2001 06:00 PM

It's me again. Just put your mouse on the address I typed above and click-it will take you right to the site. Sorry if I've insulted any computer wizards. I know I like to keep it basic, so hope I've helped.:)

luzcious 09-06-2001 06:26 PM

Thank you, Lana

That is a wealth of information! Everyone's posts make a whole lot more sense now. I think I would like to try the program. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol. I NEED to do something. And I, like you, have done weight watchers in the past but it does give me too much freedom. For some, that may be fine, but I need structure. Tell me what to eat and when to eat it and I'll be all set.

Beachgirl35, thanks for the link. I wanted information and that site looks like a good place to get it.

Thank you both, maybe I'll be back posting if I choose to get the program. Is it only available thru infomercial? Have any of you seen it at Target or Kmart or something?

:wave:

LANA_B 09-07-2001 09:23 AM

Mostly for Luzcious, or others lurking....

Hi Luzcious...no, I haven't seen it anywhere but the infomercial, and online @ Provida (the company that distributes it.) It carries a hefty price tag...$160 ($180 w/shipping), and although I don't think "practically" that all the materials are worth $160, I do think "theoretically" it's worth it. It does come with a toll free number you can call anytime with any questions/problems, and they did just set up that nifty message board forum that you can actually chat with MT Trainers. Also, I considered, $160 would be about 3 1/2 to 4 months of Weight Watchers...and with this, it's only a one time cost & you're done! (It just happens to be all up front, so it seems like alot.)

Let me tell you, I think this program would be excellent for you & your health problems. Now, I'm not a doctor or nurse or anything, but I've learned much in the way of diet & health over the years (I just haven't been able to put it into practice until now ;) , so let me say this:

DIABETES: you need to regulate your blood sugar....this program has you cut out all refined sugar (fruit is OK), and has you eat 5-6 small meals a day, which stabilizes your blood sugar & insulin levels.
HYPERTENSION: aka "high blood pressure"...often caused by stress, high sodium diet & fluid retention...this program has you eliminate sodium all together. No salt on your food (or in your food!). This helps to release all that fluid we retain, and when you start losing a bunch of weight, you'll be less stressed!!:D :D
HIGH CHOLESTEROL: Well we all know that's from too much saturated fat & all the crap us "fat chicks" put in our bodies. Yep, you guessed it, this program is very low fat & healthy!

Add to all this some lovely cardio & strength training, and next time you go to the doctors, I bet you he'd say "What the heck did you do? You're absolutely fine!" :o

Now, all that sounds wonderful, but let me tell you this. It's a wonderful program, it DOES work, and it does make me feel MUCH better physically. However, I will not lie to you. It requires MUCH dedication (as with anything if you're going to succeed). It requires a bit extra time (shopping usually weekly, pre-preparing foods, taking time to heat & eat 5-6 times a day), energy (again, shopping more, making food, EXERCISING!), and your grocery bill will go up a bit, (but your "dining out" or "meals on the run" bills should go down.)

So, what I'm trying to tell you is it's a great program, but as with anything, it won't work if you don't put in the required effort! So if you've got the dedication & the drive, then GO FOR IT!!!!

I think that's enough for now, hope I've helped!
LANA

denisems 09-09-2001 02:56 PM

Still Here!!!

Hi All! Just to let you know I am still here. What a HECTIC week! I pretty much stuck to plan. I did have sushi Friday night. Although it's low fat and healthy, the sodium content is killer. I will do my fourth weigh-in tomorrow! You'll get the results.
Peace, Denise

denisems 09-10-2001 08:29 PM

Week 4 Weigh In

Well, I lost 2 lbs. this last week. That is a total of 15 lbs. in four weeks. I don't think I'll make 30 lbs. in six weeks, but I am very happy with the results. Mostly, I haven't had this much energy in years. So it is all worth it to me. I can live with this health regimen, and I will continue to do so. I will keep you all posted. I am creeping into my PMS mode, so I need to be conscious of my habits and plan. I will do my best.
Peace, Denise

denisems 09-12-2001 10:17 PM

Love To All!!!

I just want to tell all the buddies on our message board that I love you. I really don't know any of you personally, but I didn't know all those innocent people who perished yesterday. I love them, too. I love all because I am an American and, even though the worst tragedy of my lifetime has befallen us, our spirits will not be broken. I am numb and depressed, and I wonder how my young child can live in such a world. The tears are falling as I write this. But I MUST believe we will persevere, for we are America. We are patriots. We will not surrender to injustice, hate, and terrorism. We love each other, and we should never stop loving each other. Forgive my mushiness, but I know you all understand. Love Always, Denise :cry: :cry: :cry:

moonnstars 09-20-2001 12:21 PM

Info on this Plan

Hi Jenna! I was browsing the web & came across your recommendation for the MT plan. I was able to access the Chat Forum but could not get to the Provida site. How does this plan work, I heard people talking about Body Types and receiving a kit but could not find any additional info. Your help will be much appreciated.