General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 12:09 PM   #31  

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the thoughts. They haven't ruled out chronic fatigue but they are trying to fix me as much as they can and make certain all other things are "well" before going there. The Dr. said that testosterone will also add to my feelings of well being and energy levels...AND if its easier to put on lean muscle and lose fat, I certainly WILL feel better! I do hope it's not chronic fatigue because I don't want THAT. I want something fixable.

I hit a wall at 8 weeks on C1. I didn't see a lot of progress until the last 2-3 weeks and was giving up at 7 weeks. However, I hung in there and it was a great thing. I would suggest commiting yourself to finishing the challenge and doing your free week. I was on such fire when I finished!! I had never finished anything like that. I am having a **** of a time in C2 (which is stopping and starting every single week) but I know how great I felt at the end of c1 and that is where I want to be again. That is what keeps me motivated to keep walking through my stuff and the days when I'm just flat out exhausted, dizzy and nauseous and make some attempt to go to the gym or exercise at home it is because I want to finish a challenge again. There was nothing like that feeling of finishing c1. It was fantastic and I keep craving that feeling and I will be there AGAIN when I get this medical stuff out of the way and get to finish a few weeks of working out and eating clean. I know it. I LOVED that feeling and I would strongly suggest you give it another 4 weeks and experience that feeling. It's a wonderful, powerful feeling. Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!

Susanv
Old 09-03-2001, 08:48 AM   #32  

Michelle-I've been hitting a wall from practically the beginning! Stay with it. I am now starting my 12th week and hopefully when I take my 12 week pix I will notice a difference. My big decision will be in my free week, whether to continue the BFL way, or incorporate other training into it. I will stay partly with BFL, as far as diet goes, but I don't know for sure what I will be doing for strenghth and cardio. I'm toying with Periodization Training, or trying Cathe Freidrich tapes for my strenghth workouts.

I ate way too many carbs on my free day yesterday! My daughter asked me why do I eat stuff that I shouldn't be eating, if I feel I am not getting results. My answer?? Because I wouldn't have anything to look forward to, and I would not be able to stay on the plan!! Sick thinking, or normal for food aholics???

Last edited by ShelleyM; 09-03-2001 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2001, 09:03 AM   #33  
Halloween Girl!

Talking

Hi all!

Just a drive-by greeting! Plan to eat clean today and get in my cardio!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still finding things I'm allergic to. It has been an interesting journey for sure!

I've seen several posts about "results" -- when will I see... when will I feel... when will I look...

The results seem to be very subtle and then the "big change" occurs. My body has been thanking me in small ways for the few changes I've already made. I figure I didn't get to be this size overnight and it's going to take time. Exercise relaxes me and I look forward to my workouts. The food tastes pretty good with no preservatives in it. Every day that I feel better, I have more hope that my health is improving.

I ignore the scale and the tape measure. It's who I see in the mirror that's most important. I feel a little better every day. That means more than what I weigh or my measurements.

Have a fabulous day!

Claire
Old 09-06-2001, 05:06 AM   #34  

I'm getting so anxious!! C1W12D4!! My 1st challenge is almost over. Although I haven't seen many results, I am sooo proud of myself for sticking with this for the full 12 weeks, through thick and thick!! I am going to take pictures this weekend and compare. I'm sure there will be a little difference. At least it has made me feel so good inside!
Closed Thread