General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #16  

JM, we've missed you around here as of late...are you MIA or just busy walking your little heiney off? Come back and play more - I love your tough love approach to this whole business!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #17  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I know I haven't been posting much-it always seems by the time I catch up with posts i need to get back to work. Life if good-if a bit boring-working out a lot at the gym or walking . . . . netfilx movies aftwerwards

I 've actually had a pretty good week-with one slip-up during TO on Tuesday . . .grr So much for the challenge . . .

But I'm down a couple of pounds since monday and I'll be anxious to see what the COD scale says tomorrow. I want to get measured tomorrow too-and then go shopping for a new outfit for a party tomorrow night. There's motivation for you, huh?

As usual, my biggest obstacle lately is myself and my brain seeming to think I need to be rewarded with food after my long walks. If I plan and shop on Friday-it goes prettty okay. I always buy something of a treat-morningstar corndogs and baked chips, for example. (Really need the salt at that point.) But if I don't and hit the store after my walk-well, a binge usually occurs. I wish I knew what to do to keep these binge cravings at bay. I know it's a mental thing, but I'm at a loss at truly conquering it.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:19 PM   #18  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I am with you there. I have finally had to lay down the law around here about eating out. I have gotten so lazy about cooking dinner because it is hot outside, and I really do not want to, so we have been going out way too much, which often = cheat for me. We are now only going to eat out once during the week and once on the weekend. I soooo need to get tough on myself. After our bike ride at night I come home ravenous. Last night we got home at 12:15, and I ate a small bowl of corn flakes with skim milk. I don't know what the solution is. After exercise it is normal to be hungry. So is it better to just be hungry and get over yourself, or eat something healthy to nourish your body? I don't know.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Katie - I've been saving my LA Lite for post-workout so I have something sweet to end the night with. Since you don't do lites, you could just save something for later since you know you're gonna be hungry.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 208/197/150

I Love It ! onderland! hahaha
PinkHibiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:33 PM   #21  

I've been a little ravenous, too lately. JM, when I was training for the marathon, I was STARVING all the time. I think if I'd have eaten half-way decently, I probably would have dropped like 20 pounds without thinking. Instead, I chose the eat-what-I-want diet and maintained with all the exercise I was doing. My strategy this week to combat binges is to actually binge on fruit. I have cut up watermelon and fresh cherries and I'm chowing on those. The sweet/juiciness seems to help curb cravings, plus all that fiber is a-cleanin' me out (I know, TMI) but it seems to help.
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Stiesta/JM/Katie - I am with you on those post workout chow downs.
I returned from my hike an hr ago and have just finished the feeding frenzy now
It was all OP food - just alot of it.

On the upside - did the hike in 51 minutes - my fastest time since 1998.
I passed everyone on the trail except two ironmen who past me.
Last year the fastest I could drag my carcass up there was 70-75 minutes!!
Pretty excited - I'm aiming for 48 mins by the end of summer.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #23  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Good idea-I should take the time to cut some fruit up so I don't grab other quick things . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #24  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Watermelon sounds so good. I am going to do that too.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote