3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Need a new delivery plan - so disheartened (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/87748-need-new-delivery-plan-so-disheartened.html)

soulnik 06-26-2006 01:51 AM

Need a new delivery plan - so disheartened

I did my first week on Diets to Your Door and didn't lose an ounce. I spent almost $200 and still have food for this week and a shipment for the next on the way. That's how they get you! Automatic orders and shipment dates the day BEFORE your weigh in. I am so sad. I feel defeated. I should have stuck to cereal and ice cream for the last week.

But now I need to find a new plan. Right now I need some kind of prepackaged plan. Working 6-7 days a week and unable to find time to shop or cook. I really couldn't afford to spend that much money but was making a sacrifice for my health.

Any suggestions for delivery diets?

Stevi-rocks 06-26-2006 02:01 AM

Nutri-system delivers. Why didn't DYD work? Where you really on a cereal and ice cream diet or did I read that wrong??

soulnik 06-26-2006 10:11 AM

I hear nutrisystem is disgusting though so I am not up for gross food. I'm looking for "Taste Great - No Cooking." And yes, all I was eating before was cereal and ice cream. It wasn't a diet. I was just binging perpetually. :(

andoreth 06-26-2006 10:25 AM

I haven't ever used a pre-prepared diet plan, but I would advise that you go ahead and finish out the program for the amount you bought before you make any big decision. While we would all like to have a set loss we can program for and get results 100% of the time, it just doesn't work that way. There are all kinds of reasons that might have caused your actual weight to not drop, but that doesn't mean the food you were eating wasn't balanced and calorically acurate for you to lose weight in the long run.

If anything, ask a rep how many calories are you eating each day on the plan- that should give you an idea as to whether or not it will work for you. Of course, if you don't like the food or cost, that's another matter... and don't forget to exercise. :)

sarahyu 06-26-2006 11:19 AM

I worked with someone who used Diet-to-go for awhile. She had a similiar problem when she started. She spoke with a person with the company and found that they had two calorie levels-1200 and 1600. She was doing the 1600 calorie one so she switched to the 1200 calorie level and started losing. She did pretty well on it, lost about 50 pounds before she stopped. She kept it off for as long as I worked with her about 3 years.

Good luck
Sarah

andoreth 06-26-2006 11:31 AM

For someone how weighs closer to the 300 range than 200, 1200 cals is way too low for healthy weight loss. Just plain maintenance for me, at 290, is 2500ish- so 1600 with even just a tiny bit of exercise should add up to a 2lb per week average loss over time. But, like I said, you don't get 2 lbs each week, every week: I have plenty of weeks with no loss, then I'll have a day when I lose 2 or 3 lbs overnight.

But then, in all honesty, I am a big believer in exercise: I actually eat 2000 cals/day, but I exercise a lot and have been successful so far in maintaining my loss over time. I couldn't even concieve of trying to do it with such a low number of cals.

aphil 06-26-2006 11:37 AM

My advice here-give it another week or two. Weight loss doesn't happen overnight, and it is very normal for it to take a week or two sometimes before the scale budges.

Joyce Vedral (who has strength training books/videos) said something in one of her books to the effect of:

We are in such a hurry to get thin. We weren't in such a hurry to get FAT. As in, we probably didn't gain 5 pounds a week...and we aren't going to lose it that fast, either. :lol:

Give it longer than a week... :)

soulnik 06-26-2006 09:39 PM

Here's what's hilarious and so, so messed up. This morning I could barely contain myself waiting for D2YD to open so I could cancel my next shipment. I called and told them that I didn't lose weight. They didn't seem too surprised, didn't ask me any questions and just asked if I wanted to cancel my order. That alone pissed me off. There was no problem solving discussion or anything.

So then I went to the bathroom and it occured to me that I didn't go to the bathroom before weighing myself. I know that can sometimes make a difference. So I weighed myself again. 3 LB DIFFERENCE from the day before. So, I don't know. I don't know if I lost or if it was a daily flucutation thing or what but I'm taking it.

I'd already decided that I wanted to try the Zone delivery diet. It costs more but I am planninig to do an every other week thing. I'll use their lunches and dinners for ALL of my dinners (seems like the hardest meal for me to come up with on my own). I'll use the Zone plan to come up with my own lunches, snacks and to supplemt the breakfasts that the delivery plan sends.

D2YD doesn't actually give tell you what thier plan is. They just sent you food so you're not totally sure what the methodology is. So if you want to do your own meals, you have to ask them what you can eat. At least with Zone, I have books and recipes and stuff.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

Misti in Seattle 06-28-2006 08:25 AM

Glad you are finding something you feel will work for you!

soulnik 06-28-2006 11:14 PM

Here's what I've discovered or remembered actually: I'm a total compulsive overeater. I'd forgotten. So in the process of trying to figure out what to do next and still be faithful to any plan, I've been binging my brains out. I'm gonna head over to the section for folks who deal with issue. I'd been eating what I want and how much I want for so long that I'd forgotten what a binge-o-matic I could be!

monami1978 07-02-2006 09:16 PM

soulnik, I have been on eDiets for about 3 months now and the results have been fantastic. So far I have lost over 30 pounds and that has been with some stumbling along the way (I went on vacay for 2 weeks). The program is called eDiets express on eDiets.com. I am on the signature plan but may step down to the other plan because I am now on a single income. The food is excellent, I was on Nutrisystem but couldn't stay on it for more than a few weeks because the food was so tasteless in my opinion. The eDiets food is fresh and chef prepared (at least that is what they say), and the taste is great. My goal is to lose about 20 or 30 more pounds and I am going to stay on eDiets until I hit that goal and probably longer also. If you give it a try please post your results!

greatchoice 07-03-2006 03:55 PM

Soulnik, I know it's been a few days since you posted but DON'T give up. I actually do WW myself but the first week on WW (when everyone seems to lose the most weight) I gained 1/2 lb :o and I totally followed the plan. I don't know what made me keep going because usually gaining like that would have made me give up but I didn't and I've lost 30 lbs. It took me about 1 1/2 years (yes! not a typo!) and I've been maintaining for almost another year.

As far as convenience foods and not cooking, you are talking to the QUEEN of that!!! I work nights and don't get much sleep during the day either so the last thing I want to be doing is cooking. I couldn't afford a delivery service but I used frozen meals alot (WW, Lean Cuisine, etc) then just added other fruit & veggies and soups, cheese, etc. I probably spend alot of money on everything being pre-packaged or doled out in certain sizes but it works for me. Now I grab stuff to take to work for lunch/dinner instead of stopping at fast food places which is what I used to live on.

I just really hope you don't give up and don't be too hard on yourself. It's a long, hard journey, one that never really ends. You can do it and you will hit bumps along the way but I think it's worth it especially to be healthier. I don't know how old you are but "several" years ago when I turned 40 my body started doing things I had no control over and this is one thing I can control.

GOOD LUCK :hug: