General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 01:09 PM   #1  

Default Success with Slimfast #7, please don't lock this new thread

Hi,

I hope they don't lock this new thread and that I remembered the right sequence number.

I came to this thread previously but it "sort of" died out so I was thrilled to see it was moving along.

I will post more but want to get this on the board so we are at the top with the new thread....
Old 08-19-2001, 01:12 PM   #2  

I hope you don't mind I started the new thread but I am one of those that hate paging thru pages....

Cowgirl: thanks for the tip on the Wal-Mart brands. I saw them at the store Thursday for the first time but didn't get them. I wanted to get the soy Slimfast but haven't seen it here yet. I live in a small rural community so it might be years before we have soy Slimfast.

I, like many of you, like the fact that with SlimFast I don't have to think about food all of the time. The less I have to think about it the less I eat.

I also find, since I currently live alone, that is saves time not having to cook and eat in the evening. I can have SlimFast in a few minutes and then get on with other projects.

I have been sloughing off on the exercising lately and need to get bact to it.

I am thrilled you are all posting. I need the support and maybe can help by giving some.....

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 08-19-2001 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2001, 12:01 AM   #3  

Default Help too in love with Slim Fast

Hi everyone. Here i am looking for help. I started this plan last tuesday. Well, i've been to the store several times and purchased many different flavors of shakes, and snacks. Here's the problem, I'm so in love with the stuff, I'm overeating it. I'm confessing, I think I've gained in the last few days, I'm afraid to weigh myself. I'm pledging to this site not to buy any snacks this week and use only the shakes, salads and fruits on the diet this week, until I can better control my obsession. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-20-2001, 07:20 AM   #4  

I did that with the low fat devil's food cookies that came out a while back. I was under the mistaken impression that as long as they were low fat I could eat whatever I wanted, which seemed to be boxes. I finally decided I couldn't have them in the house at all.

My sister does slim fast and got hooked on some kind of chocolate granola type bar they had. She only keeps just a few days worth of slim fast around. She says she does better that way.

I guess too much of even something healthy isn't a very good idea!!!

Elaine
Old 08-20-2001, 12:06 PM   #5  

Default Hi Everyone, I Just Woke up and Saw the New Thread!

Now that I know there is a new one, I'll post here. I did post a new message in the old one this morning though.

Elaine,

It's good to hear from you!

Janet
Old 08-20-2001, 04:14 PM   #6  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi LadyBug! It's so great to hear from you again. Thanks for starting the new post. You got it right. I'd started #7 once but before the others found it it was locked out by Mrs Jim. Things was confusing around here for a spell!

Kathy don't worry you'll get yourself sorted out. I had the same problem with those snack bars. You just need to get your bearings. It took me about two months to actuall start loosing weight because I was determined not to starve myself! Of course I went a bit overboard with the snacks. Now i make sure to eat very frequently but healthy. I have been having fruit more often as a snack rather than the goodies. Also eating a snack between meals helps keep hunger under control. I did manage to loose 70 pounds in the past year, when I started I never could have imagined I'd achive this! I still have about 80# to loose but I know that I can do it. I'm almost halfway there. Even loosing one pound in a week is something to be proud of and some weeks just maintaining the loss is a major win. Don't get discouraged. One pound at a time we'll all do it togather!
I have had a major schedual change and am working days now so I have not lost much. My eating plan is all out of wack but I'm working on getting it back togather.
Old 08-20-2001, 07:17 PM   #7  

Default Slim Fast

Thanks cowgirl, for the encouraging words. I would have never thought I'd gain or overeat diet food. Boy did it knock me for a loop. The other thing is that my daughter and brother are also on the program and even though there's no compitition, you know there is . Both of them are doing great, no problems. But me here I go and mess up yet another diet. I'm just so angry at myself. I have to keep telling myself that it's not a race, I'll lose what i'm surpose to lose. But since when did I ever listen to myself. LOL Thanks again for you understanding post.

Last edited by KathyE; 08-20-2001 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2001, 08:19 AM   #8  

Way to go CGirl.....I think you are right about eating more frequently. I don't and end up over eating at some point on those days.

Today I restart FOR THE LAST TIME . It seems I do good for a couple days and then fall by the wayside.

Too bad we can't all stay connected 24/7 for support.
Old 08-21-2001, 08:50 AM   #9  

Hi everyone!!

The snack subject is so appropriate! I was sooo hungry yesterday morning so I ate 2 snack bars, then felt really guilty. I did not drink my breakfast shake, but did drink a lunch shake ate a small dinner and had my late night snack.

I was not happy that I scarfed down 2 snack bars but I was in the mood to chew. Hopefully the breakfast shake and 2 snacks being cut out and the size of my dinner getting reduced made up for my blunder.

I might try a small breakfast with my shake (like a spoonful of eggs), then nix the morning and afternoon snack when I am feeling really hungry, eggs should be better than 2 snack bars. My hunger and the the time of day it occurs changes weekly. I am trying to accomodate these times of day.

I am in week 3 and thought that the hunger would be gone by now. I have started back to running so I may just really be hungry. My energy though has been wonderful. I feel a lot better overall because I know I am getting vitamins from the shakes that I desperately needed.

Kathy, and Ladybug -- Stick with it. I am there with you. But when we fall off the wagon we just have to remember to dust ourselves back off and start again. It is hard to not feel competitive to other people or the calendar, but we have to do it right and celebrate other people's successes and strive to be successful and we will and hopefully those other people will pat us on the back when we succeed. We are all made different and some people will lose faster or slower than we will and we have to work with what we were given.

It is funny to read what I just wrote, because it makes sense, and I have to admit I am extremely competitive and don't like it when someone else looks better than me, but I need to keep going and remain patient and I will lose what I am trying to.

Please keep at it, you will see results!!

I will see you all later!!

Old 08-21-2001, 07:06 PM   #10  

Well, I had a shake for breakfast, Subway low fat sandwich for lunch and a meal replacement bar for dinner.

I think I need to add some snacks...either SlimFast or fruit etc. AND find a way to keep my mind busy. I don't feel hungry but eat for entertainment at night. It's not as though I don't have a ton of things to do....

Well, off to do one of my millions of projects....

Thanks for all your ideas and support.
Old 08-21-2001, 08:38 PM   #11  

Default Slim Fast

Hi everyone. I did much better today. I forgot breakfast. Was out with my daughter who insisted we stop for lunch. I ordered a rib eye sandwich. Well let me tell you, I only ate half the sandwich, about 8 frys, and took the rest home to my husband. I'm still full and haven't even wanted dinner. I plan on having a snack with tea later. Think I'm still full from the overeating the other day.LOL Well that's it for me. Hope everyone had a good day, and thanks for all your encouraging words.
Old 08-21-2001, 10:03 PM   #12  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Way to go everyone. Think positive. I found that I actally don't get as hungry after a year on the plan. Even on my off days when I allow myself to indulge AI have discovered that my apetite is gone prety quick. If a small snack does'nt cut it sometimes you could beef it up by adding some fruit or having a small salad instead. I find that just indulging a craving that has been going on for days is the best thing to do. Once I had the munchies real bad for two weeks. I ate everything! When I finally gave in and had the Salsa, sour cream(low fat) and chips(corn,unflavored),that I had been wanting the muncies quit and I could get back to my regular eating scedual. It didn't set me back too much either. Listen to your body. Sometimes it is trying to tell you something important.These two pics are of me in december 1999 and december 2000. One year makes all the difference!Dont give up!
Old 08-22-2001, 08:12 AM   #13  

Okay, CGirl, are you messing with me???? I only see one picture...or is my computer knowledge showing
Old 08-22-2001, 08:50 AM   #14  

Hi everyone!!

Ladybug -- I get the late night munchies too, (really bad) usually around 9-10pm. I have been going and taking a shower when I think I am about to binge. It helps some. But when I get nestled in watching TV the show isn't the same without a snack. It is really hard.

I was really hungry yesterday. I think I need to add in more snacks, my dinner last night was literally double that of my husband, and the sad part is I still was not full or satisfied.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Will eating like a cup of broth-type soup at lunch with my shake mess me up? Or maybe a small LTO salad with light dressing? Or can I have a broth only snack. Just something to fill my tummy while tricking my brain. My body is onto the water drinking to fill my stomach. It worked the first week but no longer.

I am exercising very hard everyday (or I make up the days I miss), and that has to be a contributor to my increased appetite.

Help!!!

Kathy good for you! It is a great feeling when you don't clean your plate. It is a step in the right direction!!

Cowgirl -- That is really neat, but I only see one photo too. I would love to have a camera on my pc. I can't wait too see your other photo. Thanks for sharing that your appetite has decreased in the past year, I hope mine starts to decrease soon.

Gotta get working!!

Have a terrific day
Old 08-22-2001, 03:21 PM   #15  

Default slim fast

Hi Jenni, Lucky Lady Bug, Kathy, Cowgirl, Elaine and Janet, I think I got everyone.

I am new to this thread. I live in London and have 70lbs to lose. I started on Saturday and weigh this saturday coming. I decided to try slimfast as ww points was not working for me. I do find that on slimfast I do feel hungry especially at night, and hope that this will become better. I have one of those popcorn makers where you put in the corn and it is popped by air, it is very low in calories and I put in around 2 tablespoons, which makes lot of popcorn, this did help me last night when I felt particularly hungry

I am finding that getting the motivation to exercise is particially hard. I did walk for 30 minutes today and will try and fit in an aerobics tape later on today.

Thanks for listening

Brenda

227/154
Closed Thread