General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 11:36 PM   #1  

Default 3 day cleanse

does anyone have the plan for the 3 day cleanse that consists of fruits/vegetables? any help would be appreciated!!!
thanks,
mia
Old 02-12-2001, 06:26 PM   #2  

the fruit cleanse? i tried it with these expensive bottled juices. had explosive diarrhea for a week. lost 1 1/2 lbs., felt like **** .
Old 02-18-2001, 07:32 AM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Why does this remind me of the Beverly Hills Diet??? I remember doing that one in the 80's. Don't do it! You get so sick of pineapple and I had the same results as Petunia. Not fun, especially when you get stricken at work or school...EXTREMELY embarrassing to say the least!! Jeez, it's been almost 20 years and I still turn red thinking about it!! Any diet plan that consists mainly of a laxative effect, whether natural or artificial, is definitely NOT the way to go. That includes 'cleansing fasts', Super Dieter's Tea, and Ex-Lax. Basically with advertised diets...a good caveat to keep in mind is...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! (Like most of us, I would LOVE for their to be a magic potion that I could take and the fat would just effortlessly melt away!)

MrsJim
265/159/145
Old 12-05-2001, 04:24 PM   #4  

mrs jim,

u are so right bout laxatives. i read somwehere that they dont work cuz by the time you ****, 20% of the cals have already been absorbed. at least wh chitosan, it pulls it away before its absorbed.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:15 AM   #5  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Oh, yeah...I remember this one, too.

Okay, after three days of misery, you lose a few pounds through acceleration of normal body functions. Then what?

You can't stay on that plan forever, so there are three options left: give up, find another fad diet, or try something sensible and longer term, IMHO.

The only long-term, lasting effects of these fad diets are the loss of money that could've been put to better use, IMO. Every time I tried a fad diet, I paid "stupid tax". The weight didn't stay off and the only thing thinner was my wallet.

There is a website with nothing but fad diets. It's presented in fun, though all the popular fad diets are there, too.

Instead of "get rich quick" schemes, some of these are "get thin quick" themes. And they still don't work, IMO.

Have a good Thursday!
Old 12-06-2001, 06:29 PM   #6  
cookies are for browsers

Hi Mimi,

I did this once (once! I looked and felt like crap afterwards). Let me state that I did NOT do it for weight loss. And it was doctor guided - I had some supplement powders, can't remember what they were. I would find a naturopath before doing it. Ask your local health food store for a referral; sometimes a local ND will give a Saturday seminar on how to do it the healthy way.

Oddly enough, it seems to me much like being a vegetarian on the Atkins diet!!!! This does clean your system but it is a cleansing ritual, nothing more. Definitely not a WOE. ND suggested this ONCE A YEAR, you can obviously see why. The best advice I can give? Plan ahead, you will be incredibly grumpy and may very well get a migraine... I did this to quit coffee and soda and I have had 3 sodas, 1/2 cup coffee in the last 18 months. I am not going to say how much weight I lost.
Closed Thread