General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 03:54 PM   #46  

Smile I'm Still Here

Just so darn busy. I think after the 1st we'll have alot more time to chat. Hey the site DEB indicated....Dephi...is great! Give it a try.
Old 08-24-2001, 08:55 AM   #47  

Talking I'm still here too!!!

I haven't had much of a chance to write lately...I have a BIG deadline coming 9/15...and I'm not home much on the weekends to get on then. Sorry...will try to do better!

Don't have much time now...but wanted to check in.

I lost 5 pounds my first week (last week)...but I technically lost 6, but that wedding I went to Saturday brought back a pound , but I did wonderful on Sunday at lunch after church . I've done good all this week, except Wednesday...work picnic...very emotional...was arguing w/ hubby...hence, Ice Cream Sundae, Cheeseburger, Mac Salad....

So this week's weight loss seems to be going slower...I've only exercised 2x this week, but considering I didn't do any last week, I guess it's an improvement at least!

Denise...I love the idea of a spa...I've never had a manicure/pedicure, but I think it's high time!!!

Gotta run....

Lana
Old 08-25-2001, 10:03 PM   #48  

Hi everyone!

I finally got my kit in the mail. I started on Monday - just the eating portion. I am still trying to read the rest of the material (which is hard with 3 young children). Anyway, I am feeling great, not hungry at all! (I am not craving anything at all!) I find I am really hot and sweating alot. Does anyone else feel this way? I sure hope it is my metabolism in over-drive.

I am a type "A" and just wanted to know if anyone can give me some ideas for breakfast - I can not eat egg whites and oatmeal every morning. Also, I saw in the menu planner that dried beans are a Carb C, but in the recipe for the chili it says pinto beans are ok for type A - does this mean canned beans are ok? One more question, say I blow it at lunch (had a Birthday party today) do I just start at the next meal back on program?

Well thanks for all your help and support. I tried to get on the computer as much as I can but I have limited time. So, just know I am here even if you don't hear from me.

Thanks,

Jennifer
Old 08-27-2001, 06:18 PM   #49  

Talking Weigh-In for Week 2

Hi All! Sorry I've been so remiss in writing but I've been getting ready to go back to work. Today was my first day of a week of teacher meetings. Next week it's back with a new set of kids. A new year is always so exciting and so stressful. That's why I have to be so careful about my food. I weighed in this morning and I lost 4 lbs. on my second week of MT. That makes my loss a total of 11 lbs. in two weeks. I think I can honestly say I'm in the groove. My groove will continue. I feel good, my energy is really up, and I'm starting to look good. The one thing I will do differently this week is more exercise. My goal is to get up at 5 a.m. each school day and do 20 to 30 mins. of Tae Bo. I did that today and I will do it tomorrow. I also did my stomach exercises. Bands and weights tonight! See everyone, if a unsuccessful dieter like me can do this, so can you. NO EXCUSES!!!
Love, Denise
Old 08-29-2001, 09:52 AM   #50  

Smile DENISE! YOU'RE AWESOME!!

Geesh, you go girl!! How do you do that??!! I wish I had half the motivation you seem to have! I can't say it big enough, but WAY TO GO!!! 11 POUNDS, THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!

Ok, so fess up...tell us all your secrets...what do you eat each day, and have you discovered any good recipes or tricks? By the way, what Body Type are you?

We started this program at the same time, but here's my story...

Week 1: Ate perfect, Monday-Sunday except Saturday night (dinner)...went to a wedding & ate pretty much everything offered. Didn't do any exercising that week, but was pretty motivated & strict with eating, drank about a gallon of water each day...lost 5 pounds.

Week 2: Ate perfect Mon, Tues, Thurs-Sat. Wed. had a work picnic & ate ice Cream & cheeseburger & Mac salad. Sunday...should I actually write this?? Screwed up a bit at lunch...Open beef Souvlaki...feta cheese, 1/2 Pita, greek dressing. Dinner...Ice cream cone (2 scoops Panda Paws!) Snack...the rest of my husband's regular egg & cheese omlett. (Bad Lana... ) Did Cardio 2 days...no weights) Lost 2 pounds as of Saturday, Monday Morning weigh-in...lost 1 pound after Sunday's binge fest.

Week 3 (now): Good start Mon...ate well, did Cardio. Tuesday (yesterday)...did great in the beginning (no exercise though)...missed Afternoon snack (very busy at work)...went out to dinner with friends we haven't seen in a while...they picked the place...I told them anywhere except Chinese (super-high sodium). I should have told them anywhere but Chinese & ITALIAN. So, a 1/2 pc Bruschetta, 2 small pc Garlic bread, Penne Pasta w/Chicken & peas in a light Romano wine sauce later...I didn't even LOOK at the scale this morning!

So...my big problem area is dining out...and we do that alot. It's so hard for me to order "healthy" when everything else on the menu sounds so much better! The funny thing is...my first week on the program, we went out to eat twice, and I had NO PROBLEM ordering things I could have & not eating the huge portions they gave me. I even brought my own Balsamic Vin. dressing & Salsa in my purse, & asked them not to prepare my food with any butter, oil or salt. So why the trouble now?

It seems to be my habit to start something really full force, and then I putter out & give up on it. I don't want to do that this time...(my hubby's always telling me I need to finish what I start).

Anyway...the rest of this week is going to be a challenge too...I have dinner at my ITALIAN pastor's house on Friday...and I think his wife is making Spaghetti. Then on Sunday, me & hubby are going to a B&B overnight for a little get away...I want to do a nice dinner that night, and then Monday morning for breakfast there will be so many wonderful choices. I will try to do my best. I decided to do the "Rapid Results" meals for the rest of the week, to try to make up for my indulgences. I will also try to get as much Cardio in as possible, and hit the weights.

Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jennifer...congrats on getting the program...it is a good one...you eat SO healthy...my body never felt so good! So less tired each day too! I eat the eggwhites & 1/2 grapefruit everyday, but I suppose you could do chicken w/ something else? If I screw up a meal...I just continue the rest of the day as if it didn't happen...get right back on program! Someone else mentioned on an earlier thread that they too got hot & sweaty on the program. I would definitely attribute this to metabolism. Also, I believe the canned Pinto beans are OK...I've made the chili...a bit chunky, but I (& hubby even) enjoyed it!

I wonder how everyone else is doing??? If you're out there, please post! We (or at least I) need this daily encouragement & accountability.

Check in with you all later!!

Lana
...determined to hang in there....

Last edited by LANA_B; 08-29-2001 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-29-2001, 09:54 AM   #51  

Default checking in

Hi All,
Sorry I haven't Written but I'm on vacation and stopped by work to get my emails and make sure nothing was burning. I'll write again when I get back next wednesday, by the way I think I lost another 2 lbs but not sure
bye all good luck and stick to it
jill
Old 08-29-2001, 07:59 PM   #52  

Exclamation Temptation vs. Motivation!!!

Hi Lana and All My Buddies!!!

Lana, I can't give you a straight answer on why I am so motivated this time around. And when I say "this time around" I mean my 2 Millionth "eating program." I have screwed up my metabolism big time all these years, and I'm not clear on why I'm doing this. Maybe I'm just darn sick of being fat and tired. Maybe watching that MT program and ordering it was my great epiphany, my giant light bulb going on over my head. Or maybe it was my doctor's appt. in April where I weighed in at 275 (UGH!) and a 280 cholesterol--I cried like a baby. I started to be a bit healthier since then, but doing MT has revved me up--BTW, I am much hotter then I used to be. My metabolism must be on fire!!! Now I weigh 251 lbs. and I am 24 lbs. lighter since that horrible day at the OBGYN. Lana, I know this is a cliche--but if I can do it, you can do it. I have 51 lbs. to go. Maybe more if I feel I can. That's a lot, but at least it isn't 75 lbs. anymore. I understand that whole eating out thing. We own a restaurant. Like I need to own a restaurant. But, I make sure I ask for what I want. Servers never seem to mind if I'm polite about my requests. At the restaurant, I have a chicken salad with salsa for dressing and a small side of rice. And I feel full. Also, make sure you get in all your meals. And drink a ton of water. I haven't been having the 6th meal, but this week I have because I've gone back to work. It's something about my job...it makes me want to eat. Probably because my teachers friends love to eat. Believe me, peer pressure is a big part of my overindulgent eating habits. Now I'm saying no a lot, but they seem to understand. As far as what I eat, I'm always prepared. I make several 2 to 3 oz. chicken breasts, turkey burgers, or tuna to cover my meals for a few days. And, if I have to cheat, it's sugar free cranberry Jello. And if that's cheating, just shoot me now. Having a little cheat once in a while is fine, but if a little cheat turns to a full blown binge, then there will be problems. Finally, I just want to say BE STRONG. Failing this health program is NOT AN OPTION (do I sound like a drill sergeant???).
Good Luck, Be Strong, Denise
Old 09-01-2001, 11:33 AM   #53  

Red face HELLO! IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

HI ALL! JUST CHECKING IN! WHERE DID YOU ALL GO? I MISS YOU! I WILL KEEP WRITING NO MATTER WHAT--IT IS VERY THERAPEUTIC FOR ME! MAYBE YOU ARE ALL ON A LONG WEEKEND HAVING A GOOD TIME! I WILL REPORT MY MONDAY WEIGH-IN NO MATTER WHAT. I HAVEN'T BEEN PERFECT THIS WEEK, BUT I'VE BEEN GOOD. NEED TO EXERCISE MORE!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE I AM AT THE HALFWAY POINT OF MY 6-WEEK MTBM!!! WOW!
WRITE SOON. POWERFULLY YOURS, DENISE

P.S. I HAVE GONE ON THE DELPHI GROUP AND IT'S PRETTY INFORMATIVE. I STILL LIKE THIS FORUM THE BEST THOUGH.
CIAO!!!
Old 09-03-2001, 02:32 PM   #54  

Talking Weekly Weigh-In #3

Hi All! Even though you all haven't been around, I decided to continue my writing on this message board. Basically, it is very therapeutic for me. Well, my week 3 weigh-in was a 2-lb. loss. I'm a little disappointed at that, but then I realized that a 2-lb. loss is a good, solid showing. So three weeks later I am 13-lbs. lighter--that is 26 lbs. lighter than May of this year. So happy, happy me!!! Yes, I went back to work this week. Teacher meetings all week and out to lunch everyday. My work colleagues are food worshippers. It's really bad for me! But I did pretty well considering. I just know I ate more then I was supposed to. Also, I exercised less. My goal this week is to follow plan to a "T" and exercise more. I need to pump it up. Otherwise, my clothes are way looser (I never took measurements--oh, dopey me) and I've got plenty of energy. Anyway, it's back to work with brand new students tomorrow. It's always an exciting time of year. Now I need to totally organize my back to work food on a daily basis. But I've got the program down pretty well and I'll be just fine.
Good Luck and Please Write!!! I'm so lonely!
Powerfully Yours, Denise
Old 09-03-2001, 07:08 PM   #55  

Angry

Hi Denise,
You're not alone out there!! I tried the MT program earlier this summer. The first week I lost 5 pounds, but after that decided to try WW again. What I realized is that the MT program really made me feel better. Eliminating(or reducing as much as possible) sodium and drinking more water really did give me more energy. So, today is Sept. 3rd and tomorrow I am starting over on the MT program. Today I got all my meals ready and I have been re-reading some of the info. I am also a teacher. I try to plan my meals around snack time and other breaks we have during the day. I am anxious to give it another try. I will check back in a few days and would really like it if we can help each other through this journey. Good Luck!!
Old 09-03-2001, 10:32 PM   #56  

Default YOU GO!!!

Dear Beachgirl! I'm with you! Let's see how well we can do, and let's give each other support. Do you have the food curse of the teacher's lounge, too??? Krispy Kremes and all the leftover Halloween candy comes right to our lounge. People complain, but they complain with crumbs on their lips and chocolate on their breath. I have been one of those people for several years. People know I've started this program, but tomorrow will be the day I make a loud group announcement: "If I go for something I can't eat, slap it out of my hand!!!" Oh, and I'm serious. Good Luck with School and restarting MT. You'll be glad you did. Please keep in touch, fellow teacher!
Sincerely, Denise

P.S. The Various Faces of Students:
:
Old 09-04-2001, 04:05 PM   #57  

Talking

Hi Denise,
Luckily I don't have a teacher's lounge at this school. It is a very small private school, so not much extra space. Today was a great day. I feel really good. I have stayed on program and just have dinner and evening snack left. I found something really tasty-sweet potato(carb). I steamed it in the micro, then sprayed a tiny bit of the fat free butter spray(not allowed but I used only a tiny bit) and a little sweet n' low mixed in. It was SO good!! I felt like I was eating pie. You might try it for a sweet treat. Hope you have a good day. I'm looking forward to the support. I think I might just go for a walk. Becky (beachgirl)
Old 02-16-2002, 07:46 AM   #58  

Default Is anyone still using this program???

Hi- are any of you still using this program? I want to buy one- but it can take up to 6 weeks to have it delivered!

If you are still using it, how does it work?

Thank you
Closed Thread