General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 03:12 PM   #46  

thanks devoted, wont beat myself up over it,or i will really get depressed and really pigout. good idea about a cheat day, but i guess i should call today my cheat day, and move on tomorrow. i cant give up.

although i need to be on some kind of structured program, i feel that i always think about food too much. when i was on ww, how many points do i have left, or rs, how many windows do i have to close to eat this. i wish i could just eat like person who has a normal appetite.

i see skinny people eating pizza, but they probably stop at one piece. i see skinny people having cocktails on the weekend and not think twice about it.

but come to think of it, when i met my husband i was 20 yrs old and could eat sour cream and onion potato chips for breakfast. i never thought about food. i excercised and ate and drank what i wanted. i got married when i was 27 , it seemed to start right after i got married, just little at a time. i was 125 when i got married. guess i am feeling sorry for myself, but isnt there a way to eat and lose weight without obsessing over it??? thanks for reading.
Old 08-10-2001, 04:17 PM   #47  

Willbethin - If there is a way... I don't know what it is. For me, in order to lose weight, I HAVE to be obsessed over it. I can't just eat like a regular person. All of my friends are skinny and they can eat what they want when they want it. I think I realized what a huge problem I had with food, when I moved in with a roommate. She could eat pizza or fast food or whatever but she could stop when she was full, push it aside and be completely satisfied. Me, on the other hand would keep eating and keep eating and keep eating until I was so stuffed I could puke! It's like the taste of the food was just too overwhelming for me. I coudn't stop. So, I know if I go back to that way of eating, I'll gain all of my weight back and probably more. I just think that some people have food addictions just like there are people addicted to alcohol, nicotine, etc. I know I'm one of those people (addicted to food, that is) and if I don't constantly think about keeping myself on the right track, I'll totally fall right off!

So far, so good though. I've been on this road for about a year and a half now and I feel confident that I can keep myself here, but it's a constant struggle, with constant thoughts of calories, food, exercise, etc. It doesn't seem right, but it's the only thing that's worked for me.

Talk to ya later!
Lisa
Old 08-10-2001, 08:19 PM   #48  

Angry thanks for sharing

hi devoted, i know this is the way it has to be for me to lose weight, but i just get so sick of it sometimes. and you are proof that it can and will work out, i am not giving up, but just a little frustrated. i am sure it will pass.

thanks for sharing some of your weight story with me. i am the same way, about eating until you are so stuffed. i know i will figure this out. and i will keep posting and keep reading.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:22 PM   #49  

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome, Aphil and Devoted. I really appreciate the support!

Willbethin, hang in there. I am the world's worst about "falling off the wagon" (well, dang, I blew it on one cookie, I might as well eat the whole bag...) but one slip, or even a whole day of slipping, is not going to make that much of a difference in the long run - not as long as you get back with the program.

At one point in my life, I lost 65 pounds on WW and one of the things that I used to do (all these little tricks are coming back to me!) was to put in an extra walk on a bad day. I had to force myself to do it at times, but it helped me get back on track - and burned up some of the calories I had just consumed on my binge.
Something about doing the extra exercise put the food end back into perspective for me.

I agree with Devoted. I really feel that people can be addicted to food (put my name at the top of the list) and we are the ones who will have to try harder than most with our weight. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Southern Gal
Old 08-10-2001, 09:31 PM   #50  

I agree with all of you. Skinny people do eat do eat much differently. But then again our metabolisms and thoughts on food are much different too! I cannot say I have to be obsessed that does not work for me. I do need to be focused though. Willbethin do not get yourself down.Brush yourself off and get back to it.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:57 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Now I don't feel so bad!

Hi, everyone!
With all this talk about falling off the wagon with a binge-count me in for today!
I, too fell off the wagon today. I got up, exercised, and about 2:00 this afternoon, all **** broke loose! I feel terrible.
I have been doing so great, too.
I can definitely relate with all of you about binging and eating 'til you're stuffed.
My mom has one of those great metabolisms where she can eat whatever she wants and weigh around 135. She is the only one in our family like that-she must be an alien!
I also have found that cake, donuts, and other overly processed sugarey foods are trigger foods for bingeing. It is the sudden blood sugar rush that is the cause for this, so I try to eat the occasional food like this after a meal that has protein in it, so it does not have that effect.
Well, hopefully this next week will be better for all of us!
Aphil
Old 08-11-2001, 08:18 AM   #52  

Default it is out of our systems

it kinda of nice to know we all have days like this. and we can support each other through these times, after all if we never had days like this, we would all be "our perfect" weights. we will be one day.

good idea about eating those sugary things after a protein meal. i dont really like or crave sugary things, i dont eat them, but if it is my face i will eat it.

my problem is greasy fried food, my favorite and most addicting is french fries. pizza, just take out grease in general.

i know there are lowfat versions of these , i just have to eat them.
alright, done and over with. brand new day, brand new attitude. just eat when hungry, stop when full. drink water, eat healthy. make better choices, and oh yea excercise. we can do this, we have been doing well, let's get ourselves together. let me know how everyone is doing today. it is 8:14 am here and i have been up since 6:30. it is a habit i have to get up early and babysit kids all week and they come at 7:00.

i havent had breakfast yet, not hungry. good luck to all. we can be stonger, we have to be stronger than the food.

alright, pep talk over. let's just do it.
Old 08-11-2001, 12:00 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey,
Willbethin-awesome pep talk!
Aphil
Old 08-11-2001, 03:28 PM   #54  

Default hello everyone.

southern girl, glad ww worked for you. 65 lbs that is great. i want to lose 60. you did it before you can do it again.

i just wanted to say, i ate breakfast this morning, and it is 3:20 i havent eaten anything since then, just water. i have been cleaning, and got alot of me time in today. hubby worked today, and my daughter is just a sweetheart, she is playing upstairs in her playroom. i excercised and watched two movies i rented.

god, did i need that. very relaxing. and i am not thinking about, how many windows, i have left or how many calories or points, i have left to eat for the day. i am just not thinking about it.

ya see on these programs, i would always think, and say well i have this left for the day so i will eat this, even if i am not hungry, i will eat it because i have points left or windows on richard simmons. so maybe if i take the pressure off and just listen to my body, i will finally get this right. and of course make healthy choices when i am hungry. hope everyones day is going as good as mine.

see i already forgot about that nasty day yesterday
Old 08-11-2001, 09:46 PM   #55  

Default Better days ahead!

Willbethin, I'm so glad you have had a better day today! Sounds like you are in control and ready for a new week. Isn't it nice to have a relaxing day every once in a while? We need to be good to ourselves.

This week has been really good for me. I've gotten my exercise in every day. I'm working on the food and water - that seems to be harder. My problem is that I'm really starting to stress out over being ready to go back to teaching on Monday - and I'm definitely a stress eater. Once the school year takes in, I have trouble finding the time for exercise as well. Now I'm starting to stress over that - and I haven't even run into that problem yet!

Ugh! I hate being so down after Willbethin's lovely pep talk! Ignore me!!! I've just got to get my attitude straight and take things one day at a time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Southern Gal
Old 08-11-2001, 10:16 PM   #56  

Default stresseater here

hi southern gal, i am a stess eater too. unfortuatly, my stress is the thing i like to do best, it never was , but recently has become. let me explain.

i had been at a daycare center for 18 yrs, recently unemployed there. i was there since i was a senior in high school. i am 36 now in case i did not mention it.

my boss died of cancer and her daughter had been trying to take over, making really bad business decesisions. she is 10 yrs younger than me , and had no respect at all. that i had been working for her mother for 18 yrs. she has no expeirence. and doesnt know how to talk nice to people. well i could tell you the whole story , but it would take all night. i took her death very hard, and i got drunk and said things i shouldnt have. then she said , i could take your job for this, so i said go ahead, and that was that.

i didnt get to say bye to the kids, their parents or anything. i took that job cause i love kids. the money was bad and no benefits.

i feel there was no closure. now i babsit at home and it is very stressful. so i cant let this get the better of me. and i know you wont either. i just wanted to let you know i kinda know what it is to be with kids and have the stress.

we will work through this, i will tell you more later, this is too long.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:05 PM   #57  

Default hello everyone

how is everybody doing??? i ate little too much dinner last night , but i know there are gonna be days like this. i only excercised 3 day last week too. but i will do better this week.

hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-13-2001, 08:13 PM   #58  

I am doing well.I lost .75 lbs. this week. I was on vaction last week and treated myself to things that I do not eat too often. I did drink my water though. I don't make any food a no-no so that I don't get a sudden urge to binge on something. I do have my downtimes though.
Old 08-13-2001, 09:39 PM   #59  

Default Hello!

Hope everyone had a terrific Monday.

Sadiegirl, glad you are doing well. I think that is a great idea to make no food off limits. It is amazing that as soon as I tell myself I can't have it, that is exactly what I want! You did great to actually lose weight when you have been on vacation. Way to go!

Willbethin, your story is heartbreaking but I think you must be a very strong person to pick up the pieces and go on. Hang in there and don't let the stress get to you. Good job with the exercising (I figure if I do anything, it is better than what I have been doing the last few months!).

I went back to school today (I teach 1st grade). Ugh! It has been a long one and I'm totally exhausted. Not good...I didn't get a chance to exercise today. I got up at 5:45, got a shower and started getting the kids ready for school. Put the first one on the bus at 6:45 and the second one at 7:10 (they are in a different school district than the one I teach in - they started to school last week). Then I had to leave at 7:30 to get to the opening "pep"rally for the school district (boring). I stayed tied up in meetings and working in my room the rest of the day. Didn't get home until 5:30 and had to turn around and leave again at 6:15 to play Bunko with some friends. Now it is 9:30, I've just gotten home and still have laminating to cut out for tomorrow along with getting things organized for student registration - which starts at 8:00 in the morning. I didn't eat right (too much food at Bunko) and tomorrow doesn't look any better for exercise. Help!!! I feel snowed under! I know it will even out, but it is always tough getting the school year started.

OK enough feeling sorry for myself. Hopefully I can at least walk tomorrow evening - no, I will walk tomorrow - even if I can't do it in the morning. I've written way too much - got to get to that laminating! - have a good day tomorrow.

Southern gal
Old 08-14-2001, 06:55 AM   #60  

Default hi guys

congrats sadiegirl, you still lost, good for you,and it sounds like you had a good time.

southerngirl, sounds like you have been way to busy, my daughter doesnt start school till sept. 5. i guess a teachers work is never done. i know it doesnt leave much time for anything else. sometimes i have to push it , but i think untill i get done babysitting i am gonna have to start doing it at night. i just cant seem to get motivated at 5:30 am to start getting all sweaty and jumping around.

i know all too well how situations can sabatoge a good eating plan. we just have to take it one day at a time, and try to do better the next day. i am still trying to figure it out myself.

aphil, where are you?? hope everything is going alright. hope to hear from you.
Closed Thread